Tales of the Abyss (Playstation 2) @ Amazon $29.99

Note: If you play on your PS3, there's a known glitch where entering Choral Castle - at any time - causes the game to freeze. Beware!

That said, fantastic game I wish I could have gotten new at this price. I had to settle for a used copy back in the day.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It's been reprinted for awhile now, Amazon goes in and out of stock sometimes.[/QUOTE]

does the price dip < 30 bucks? or pretty much stay around there?

[quote name='Kanelly']Note: If you play on your PS3, there's a known glitch where entering Choral Castle - at any time - causes the game to freeze. Beware!

That said, fantastic game I wish I could have gotten new at this price. I had to settle for a used copy back in the day.[/QUOTE]

From a quick Google search, it seems like this glitch only happens on 80GB PS3 and later models. (I'm assuming this has something to do with emulated BC?)

If anyone has any information about this glitch happening on 60GB PS3 models, please let me know!

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Heard 3ds version won't have voiced skits. A deal breaker for me. Cuz I loved tales of vesperia skits.[/QUOTE]

Neither did PS2 version

[quote name='Kanelly']Note: If you play on your PS3, there's a known glitch where entering Choral Castle - at any time - causes the game to freeze. Beware!

That said, fantastic game I wish I could have gotten new at this price. I had to settle for a used copy back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

I think I'll just wait for the 3DS remake to come to the US.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Heard 3ds version won't have voiced skits. A deal breaker for me. Cuz I loved tales of vesperia skits.[/QUOTE]

Tales games didn't have voiced skits in stateside releases UNTIL Vesperia IIRC.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Tales games didn't have voiced skits in stateside releases UNTIL Vesperia IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Legendia had voiced skits

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']My bad, I blocked that game out of my memory. :p[/QUOTE]

It's okay, me too. In fact when I tried to buy a used copy at Gamestop years ago, the employee even warned me I probably wouldn't like the game lol. I told him yeah I knew it wasn't good, but I wanted to see how bad it was first hand and thanked him for the warning anyway.

I guess Amazon found a secret stash of the reprint in the corner or something.

I loved vesperia. All aspect of that game was awesome. Characters, battle system, art direction, voice actors and overall gameplay was fun and dare to say still the best current gen jrpg for me so far.

And when i heard namco won't be adding skits voice over for 3ds us version, I was like disappointed. I probably buy the game anyway when it gets cheap. But I wish namco would have spent the time and the money to work on the voice over skits.

Ps3 version of tales of grace which suppose to be release very soon stateside and tales of xillia which is about a yr away from localization, I hope namco put some effort like they did with 360 version of vesperia.

That being said, where's my ps3 version of vesperia here in the states?

Give up on Vesperia already. It's not going to happen. Tales games (and JRPGs besides FF) sell like crap here, that's all there is to it. I'm not even 100% convinced that Abyss 3DS or Graces are coming here. I know they were announced, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of them since.

If you're at all serious about JRPGs, you may as well just start taking Japanese classes and import the games. That way you don't have to fret about "will they/won't they" release it and what content is going to be cut/censored and all that crap.

they released a trailer for Abyss, plus it was in Nintendo Power.

As for Vesperia PS3 there is still the fan translation patch

[quote name='takotchi']Give up on Vesperia already. It's not going to happen. Tales games (and JRPGs besides FF) sell like crap here, that's all there is to it. I'm not even 100% convinced that Abyss 3DS or Graces are coming here. I know they were announced, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of them since.

If you're at all serious about JRPGs, you may as well just start taking Japanese classes and import the games. That way you don't have to fret about "will they/won't they" release it and what content is going to be cut/censored and all that crap.[/QUOTE]

Not into jrpg that much as before. Most of the games I want to play now comes from western developers anyway. Yeah. I know Microsoft have namco sign a American exclusive for tale of vesperia on 360.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I know Microsoft have namco sign a American exclusive for tale of vesperia on 360.[/QUOTE]

That is confirmed to be false.

Just a quick note, I'd check around Gamestop for this one. The reprint started popping up in Gamestops last year and marked as $20 pre-owned, even though except for being opened, they were brand new. A quick check at their website says it's $25 pre-owned, but I've seen copies recently labeled $20...worth a look if you want to save yourself a few bucks. I'd check for availability online, as they aren't as commonplace as they were last year.

[quote name='nitman99']The reprint started popping up in Gamestops last year and marked as $20 pre-owned, even though except for being opened, they were brand new.[/QUOTE]

They did this with Playstation reprints, like Persona 2 and Rhapsody. A new game gets opened by GS and is still new, but a sealed reprint is pre-owned before arrival. Then it's also opened. Maybe like a fetish.

Is this game that great, or similar to Atlus's fare?

Had to pick this up. This price was too good to pass up. I remember when new copies were selling for $80~100 this time last year. Thank goodness for reprints--I wish more companies would do so! Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pick up games I missed out on like the Fatal Frame trilogy, the Shin Megami Tensei PS2 games, and Dragon Quest V on DS. Take note, gaming companies: Want our money and don't like the used game market? Here's the way to do it!

[quote name='nitman99']Just a quick note, I'd check around Gamestop for this one. The reprint started popping up in Gamestops last year and marked as $20 pre-owned, even though except for being opened, they were brand new. A quick check at their website says it's $25 pre-owned, but I've seen copies recently labeled $20...worth a look if you want to save yourself a few bucks. I'd check for availability online, as they aren't as commonplace as they were last year.[/QUOTE]

Eh i'd rather have a sealed copy from a reputable retailer.

bread's done
Back