* - - - - 1 votes

Ollie's stores video game blowout (east coast/midwest)

#31 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3643 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

Sweet mother of necrobump

#32 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2729 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:55 PM

People just checking out Ollie's now for this deal, you shouldn't just judge them on this...they are NOT a good store for games, never have been and probably never will.  For a while they actually had a decent selection of PC games, but haven't for a long time now.  And then probably 5-7 years ago they got some console games but most were crap (seemingly like this deal mostly).

They're a great place for other stuff though.  We go there for snacks and cereal all the time, toys, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, books (they have TONS of really high quality books, we recently got a really cool World of Warcraft Visual Guide hardcover there for super cheap), sometimes furniture, etc.  Basically it's just an awesome place to go in and look around and get some really good deals.

And yes, sometimes they'll have outdated food on the shelf, although I'm shocked they "got in trouble" for it, I guess some Karen called in and complained?  This happens at every store I've ever been at and really the fact is most stuff is good pretty long past it's "sell by" date (it's not an "eat by" date) anyway.  Although yes, I 'd definitely say always check the dates at Ollie's and also keep in mind if there's a snack there with a flavor you've never seen...there's often a reason it's at a place like Ollie's, haha.

Anyway, I highly recommend Ollie's for sure, not for games but in general.

#33 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2729 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:58 PM

Sweet mother of necrobump

Hahaha!  I didn't even notice this was an necrobump!  The deal I was talking about in my post is THIS original deal! haha...wow...just, wow.

#34 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   492 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:21 AM

No games at my ollie's in texas

#35 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:30 AM

Hahaha!  I didn't even notice this was an necrobump!  The deal I was talking about in my post is THIS original deal! haha...wow...just, wow.

LMAO