The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but in a dress it's an 8 SPH Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddy310

CAGiversary!
wt.jpg

(The entire thread title was too long)

I know we said there is no way CM Punk beats John Cena(and leaves that night with the title) at MITB and we were wrong, but there is no way CM Punk can win this time. The fucking stipulation is that if Punk wins HHH resigns as COO. Unless this is going to turn in to Super Dave screwing HHH over to take control of the company, HHH will not lose.

I was not in the chat last night, but this wins. Fatt Hardy deathwatch thread ended a little early, I see.

Just like Matt's career.

[quote name='mykevermin']I was not in the chat last night, but this wins. Fatt Hardy deathwatch thread ended a little early, I see.

Just like Matt's career.[/QUOTE]

The thread is just waiting to be reborn.

[quote name='mykevermin']I was not in the chat last night, but this wins. Fatt Hardy deathwatch thread ended a little early, I see.

Just like Matt's career.[/QUOTE]

Zing!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The thread is just waiting to be reborn.[/QUOTE]

Hey-oh!

And yeah, Punk's doomed. Triple H needs to get over. :roll:

I can't even be bothered to get bent out of shape about Punk/Triple H.

That's the thing about big time wrestling - the companies see people moaning and complaining about it, and they think we're really into the angle and want to see Punk pummel Triple H.

I frankly am mostly uninterested in how it plays out. Those two deserve a lot more recognition for how fucking *TERRIBLE* their show-ending-go-home-PPV promos were. Bumbling, fumbling, insider nonsense, no clear idea if Triple H is supposed to be the heel here, here-we-go-again with stupid side stories, like "who cut the mics?," with WWE creative thinking they've stumbled onto another "who killed laura palmer?" whodunnit.

You remember that hackneyed theory years ago regarding Vince bringing back the ECW brand to deliberately fuck it up and therefore stop people from chanting "E-C-DUB!" at every massive spot? Part of me wonders if they're deliberately sabotaging this "insider" stuff so they can look back and claim it isn't getting over. Triple H and Punk know how to cut promos, but they got a few, slight, chants for "Doreen" last night during their segment.

shrug. I hope Mark Henry wins the title, but other than that, NOC...well, I'll be in a car en route back from a weekend roadtrip while the PPV is on. And I can't say I'm bothered by that.

OTOH, seeing as how I did get Bound For Glory tickets, we are indeed getting the match we all thought we'd be getting.

Sting v Hogan

You know, as a ticket holder I'm interested to see this live. But man, oh, man - for those watching at home - I feel sorry for you.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Sting v Hogan
[/QUOTE]
Is it still December '97? This past month seems like it's lasted 14 years... Oh well, Starrcade should be lots of fun anyway!

I think Sting/Flair should've happened at BFG instead of Hogan. I saw their last match live in Panama City Beach and the last Nitro.

If wwe wanted to do this right, they should have had HHH for some sort of "clique" stable with all of his hand picked talent. Guys like Sheamus and . . . Well whoever else HHH hand picked for explosive pushes.

They could've had punk fued with the stable and eventually lead to wm; punk vs hhh. But I guess they have 0 faith in the storyline so we'll likely get another 2-3 months of back and forth, with HHH "winning" the fued and we all lose.

So is ROH's TV show going to be free? I really miss the promotion and if it's ad support, best believe I'll click ads all day, err-day.

Who's SPH btw? I don't get the reference, been outta wrestling the past few months.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So is ROH's TV show going to be free? I really miss the promotion and if it's ad support, best believe I'll click ads all day, err-day.[/QUOTE]

Yes the online version on ROHWrestling.com will be free. No idea at this point if there will be ads during the show or anything but there you go. Internet PPV will still be $14.99 but that's a steal at that price.

You ever wonder what would have happened to some of these guys had they not gone into wrestling? Like what would Hogan had done? I mean the guy and his family are basically rich white trash. Take away the money.

[quote name='Clak']You ever wonder what would have happened to some of these guys had they not gone into wrestling? Like what would Hogan had done? I mean the guy and his family are basically rich white trash. Take away the money.[/QUOTE]

See also: Chyna

Just to play devil's advocate, this is HHH's first match since Wrestlemania. That's kind of a big deal.

Although the booking end of this has failed to really capitalize on that with video vignettes and a proper build-up, HHH/Taker II was actually a pretty good match. Probably one of the better WWE matches of the year, although I'd have to rewatch it to see if it still holds up.

For that alone, CM Punk vs. HHH is something I'm looking forward to. I agree with everyone that it should have been built up as being bigger, better, more explosive, but this is primarily the same kind of build that HHH/Taker got pre-Wrestlemania (and I know everyone hated that as well until that episode where HBK showed up).

What is really important to note is how much of an opportunity this shows the WWE is affording Punk. If the PPV fails to draw significantly more than it did last year, with HHH wrestling his first match since Wrestlemania, then all the blame will fall on Punk. All of it.

That said, I think Punk/HHH will deliver on the wrestling end and I'm really excited to see what the guys do out there. If Punk can get a ***** classic out of Cena, I'm sure he can do just as much with HHH, even if he is probably coming out on the losing end on Sunday.

I dunno, there is one guy in the company who likes to get himself over more than HHH, and who would benefit from HHH losing his COO position. And we haven't seen him on TV since HHH relieved him of his duties. I'm expecting Trips to win, but there's an outside shot he gets screwed.

...perhaps the Matt Hardy death watch was ended prematurely.

[quote name='Lords Of Pain']Former WWE and TNA wrestler Matt Hardy has reportedly been arrested again during the past week in Raleigh, North Carolina on another DWI charge. He is scheduled to appear in court on November 30.

Hardy's arrest has been confirmed with police officials, according to prowrestling.net. To clarify - this is a separate incident from last month's DWI in Moore County, North Carolina.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JJSP']...perhaps the Matt Hardy death watch was ended prematurely.[/QUOTE]

He said on twitter he only blew a .06

From PWTorch:

The following is WWE Raw's average viewership for the episodes vs. Week 1 of the NFL regular season on Monday Night Football over the last five years.

Sept. 10, 2007 - 5.52 million viewers
Sept. 8, 2008 - 4.43 million viewers
Sept. 14, 2009 - 4.90 million viewers
Sept. 13, 2010 - 4.35 million viewers
Sept. 12, 2011 - 3.86 million viewers

That's a pretty impressive downward pattern.

MOAR JOHN CENA! MORE RANDY ORTON!

Just in case you want to see what the WWE card, hierarchically, looked like in 2007:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unforgiven_(2007)

WWE Unforgiven 2007 main event: Randy Orton vs John Cena for the WWE Championship

:lol:

...Triple H vs Carlito?

Also, here's how convoluted the booking was back then: Orton beat Cena by DQ at Unforgiven, but Cena kept the belt. Cena tears his pec against Kennedy two weeks later, and the belt is vacated. Orton is named the champion at No Mercy, but loses the belt to Triple H in the opening match. Triple H then successfully defends the belt against Umaga 20 minutes later in the same PPV (giving us an awesome picture of Trips with the spinner belt), but loses the belt back to Orton at the end of the show in the Last Man Standing match that Cena was supposed to have with Orton.

Oh, and at No Mercy, Matt Hardy beat MVP in a pizza eating contest by throwing up on him.

Regarding original content for WWE’s network that will debut next year, a source close to the situation says to expect a lot of “hokey” non-wrestling programming.

A cartoon show with Hornswoggle and Michael Cole has been discussed, among others. We hope to have details on more ideas in the next few weeks.

Just like I said in the chat.. I was initially excited, but then I realized it's WWE and they will screw it up. They make a network to show their own products.. old products, where the most effort they have to put in is blur out the WWF scratch logo, and they choose to create new, original content that no one wants.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10020752.shtml - man this is f*d up on a lot of levels

Matt Hardy Arrest: Police report details, no alcohol involved yet failed several field sobriety tests
Sep 14, 2011 - 04:19 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Chris Shore

Matt Hardy was arrested Monday, September 12, 2011 for DWI on the property of Raleigh Durham International Airport. According to the police report, Hardy was pulled over by airport police after receiving at least one call about Hardy's erratic driving. The report states that Hardy was asked to pull into a parking area, which he did after "his vehicle swerved into the curb and back on the road." Hardy stated he was there to pick up his girlfriend.

The report stated his speech was slow and slurred, but he denied drinking. The officer asked him to step from the car, and the car started to roll forward because Hardy had not put it in park. The officer yelled at him to do so, and Hardy did. Hardy then went on to fail several field sobriety tests, administered by both the airport police and a NC State Trooper who arrived approximately three and a half hours later.

The report also states Hardy was given a portable breathalyzer test by a Morrisville police officer, but he blew a 0.00 both times. Due to his failing of the various field sobriety tests, Hardy was arrested and charged with DWI under NC law. He was processed, submitted a blood sample, and was released on a promise to appear (no bail), and assigned a court date of November 30 in Wake County.

Shore's Slant: The story ties together nicely when you read Reby Sky's tweets from Monday. She tweeted "Cameron Bound" (Cameron is the home of Matt Hardy), and the very next tweet was "F*ck this." The police report also notes she drove Matt's car home.

As far as the legality of all this, Matt's in quite the pickle. He will be in court later this month for his first DWI charge in his home county. The courthouse pulled some shenanigans there with Jeff Hardy's trial time, but with a second DWI pending on top of this one, the judge/DA may not be as willing to help out this Hardy brother. I will talk to an attorney friend before Dot Net Weekly tomorrow and see if I can get a handle on everything.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Smackdown spoiler image under the cut:

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

So...
What's the over/under on blown spots in the Mysticara vs Hunicara match?

[quote name='cdubb1605']So, Cara v. Cara. Over/under on botched spots.... how about over/under on the winner and loser being fired within 6 months[/QUOTE]

Way to blow the spoiler dipshit........ I mean really, everyone else took the time to use them, but I guess you are just special that way.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The greatest Four Horsemen member of all time will be at a Walmart grand opening near here next week.

Mongo.

04.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Buying tires.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']If Punk can get a ***** classic out of Cena[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that some day.

[quote name='JJSP']...Triple H vs Carlito?

Also, here's how convoluted the booking was back then: Orton beat Cena by DQ at Unforgiven, but Cena kept the belt. Cena tears his pec against Kennedy two weeks later, and the belt is vacated. Orton is named the champion at No Mercy, but loses the belt to Triple H in the opening match. Triple H then successfully defends the belt against Umaga 20 minutes later in the same PPV (giving us an awesome picture of Trips with the spinner belt), but loses the belt back to Orton at the end of the show in the Last Man Standing match that Cena was supposed to have with Orton.

Oh, and at No Mercy, Matt Hardy beat MVP in a pizza eating contest by throwing up on him.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's funnier - all that booking above, or:

She tweeted "Cameron Bound" (Cameron is the home of Matt Hardy), and the very next tweet was "F*ck this."

That.

:rofl: at everything nevertheless.

[quote name='TheRock88']Way to spoil the fucking thing cdubb. I hope you get cancer of the prick.[/QUOTE]

Stay classy man.

[quote name='Spyder187']
Way to blow the spoiler dipshit........ I mean really, everyone else took the time to use them, but I guess you are just special that way.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Like I'm the first person to ever forget to spoiler tag something.

EDIT: myke and Survivalism thanks for understanding that mistakes get fucking made.

Yeah you say "stay classy" yet you the were who fucked up and now are getting all defensive and insulting us while not even trying to at least offer an apology or something.

Your user title fits you very well good sir. :roll:

[quote name='TheRock88']Yeah you say "stay classy" yet you the were who fucked up and now are getting all defensive and insulting us while not even trying to at least offer an apology or something.

Your user title fits you very well good sir. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I deleted my original post, if you're expecting an apology after telling me you hope I get cancer then you're delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back