Amazon Game Downloads - Magicka $4.99 (50% off)

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi there CAGs,

Edited to reflect new price:

We've got Magicka on sale, for $4.99, or 50% off. Click here to check it out.

Thanks for all the valuable feedback! Based on that feedback it sounds like the folks who don't like individual threads for each deal REALLY don't like individual threads for each deal so I will post all future deals in the mega thread (which I will update shortly).

There were also a few posters who were unhappy with me asking a question rather than just posting a deal. I wanted to let you know that it wasn't my intent to flout the rules of your community and I apologize if it came off as such. My goal was to let you all feel like part of the process when possible.

I'm off to update the super thread, thanks again everyone for the feedback! I hope you all enjoy Magicka.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I already own it, but I believe I bought it when it came up for $3.49...

Side note, I would LOVE a deep discount on Civilization V. I've been waiting for a great deal on this gem since it came out...

here is a thought about magicka. Maybe have a certain discount for the base game, and then a further discount on if you buy the bundle (aka base game along with all dlc to date). So for example: Base game will be 50% off while the bundle will be 60% off. Adjust discount % as needed as I am just pulling numbers for this example.

If you are considering just a sale on the base game, and based on previous sales with other digital services, I think it would be a big hit at 50% off (aka skip a happy meal at mcdonalds for one night and get a great game instead!)

On the discussion of creating topics, (and this is imo of course!), maybe try to consolidate everything into one topic, keep the opening post (or posts) updated and divided for each subject. And then request for a permanent sticky on the Cag forums. Something along the lines like the Kmart thread has worked out well I think and easy to access for anyone.

Does there really need to be a new thread for questions and new "deals"? Seems like lately I see a lot of Amazon Game Deal threads when they could all be in one thread. I'm just saying it's getting a little much.

Already have it. If Amazon digital isn't going to compete for pre-orders, and looks safe to say you aren't... I hardly see the point. Amazon already lost all of my PC games business by failing to even compete with other retailers on upcoming games, adding another slap putting gift cards with console versions and leaving the PC version out.

If Steam/Direct2Drive/Greenmangaming have 10-20% as they have for months, it isn't looking like I will wait to see if Amazon has a deal.

I would prefer a deal on the "complete edition", game + all the dlc, than a deal on just the base game. I agree with kosmos, make a deal on the base game at a % off, or the dlc at a % off, and then do a greater % off for the bundle with everything. For a game with lots of dlc, if it isn't the complete version on sale I will usually skip it. Otherwise you end up buying the base version, and then later there will be a deal on the complete version, so I will need to rebuy the base game in order to get the deal.

I prefer everything to be a separate topic, but it seems like everything is in catch all threads now. It makes sense for slowly evolving clearances like the Target clearance to be one single thread, but IMO it's better if most deals/sales are in their own topic. It's much quicker for me to see a list of the current deals as I browse the thread titles, than click through each thread to see what is on sale this week.

[quote name='solaris389']Already have it. If Amazon digital isn't going to compete for pre-orders, and looks safe to say you aren't... I hardly see the point. Amazon already lost all of my PC games business by failing to even compete with other retailers on upcoming games, adding another slap putting gift cards with console versions and leaving the PC version out.

If Steam/Direct2Drive/Greenmangaming have 10-20% as they have for months, it isn't looking like I will wait to see if Amazon has a deal.[/QUOTE]

Not all gamers only buy the new and shiny. I think there is plenty of room for amazon to compete on price for existing games. Plus, this is just starting out, I'm sure pre-order deals would be considered if there was enough demand.

I'm a stickler for rules so I find it annoying that just because you're the rep for a company you're allowed to post threads that ask questions and contain no deals.

Tony I know this is off topic, but why did Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the ps3 go up to $45 when it is supposed to be on sale for $35 this week? The xbox 360 version is 35.

[quote name='icarusmight']Does there really need to be a new thread for questions and new "deals"? Seems like lately I see a lot of Amazon Game Deal threads when they could all be in one thread. I'm just saying it's getting a little much.[/QUOTE]

I personally like it when there is a thread for each "deal" in the "deal forum." Otherwise, I'll miss it. I can't read EVERY new post in EVERY thread.

In regards to the topic...I wonder if a sub-forum would be the way to go (off of Deals of course). I could very well see Amazon filling up it's own sub-forum quickly, especially with how frequently they have deals and sales.

[quote name='SynGamer']I already own it, but I believe I bought it when it came up for $3.49...

Side note, I would LOVE a deep discount on Civilization V. I've been waiting for a great deal on this gem since it came out...[/QUOTE]

It was $12.50 on Steam just a few days ago. What really could use a good sale is it's DLC...

[quote name='Japakneez']DO NOT POST THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION

yea I said it :)[/QUOTE]
This.

As much as I appreciate having an Amazon rep on these boards, asking for feedback on a potential deal probably doesn't belong in the Deals section.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']This.

As much as I appreciate having an Amazon rep on these boards, asking for feedback on a potential deal probably doesn't belong in the Deals section.[/QUOTE]

Nothing personal, and I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, just playing devil's advocate here:

But it is a deal, you just don't know how much the discount is yet. Kinda like those YMMV deal threads.

I would prefer to have one thread for everything. Maybe something along the lines of SHC-Gamer's K-mart thread. The less cluttered the board is the better. Or you could possibly have one thread dedicated to deals that are currently active and another thread for discussing upcoming/potential sales.

Tony;

Thanks for checking in.

Once again, I have to sheepishly admit that I already own Magicka. I tried playing it alone but it got really hard for a single player, so I kind of gave up on it. However, if there was a sale I would consider buying copies for my college aged cousins so that we could have a three person free for all. a 50% mark down is the tipping point for me. At $7.49 per copy, I am only saving five dollars on two copies and that isn't enough to get my interest. At $5.00 each, I would try to recruit my cousins and buy copies for them if they were willing to play. At $2.50 each, I would be throwing my credit card at you for two more copies and telling my cousins that they better play magicka with me or else...

Also, I'll mention that the magical number to get me to consider buying any game on sale is 50% off of the normal price. I still have plenty of games in my collection that I haven't played yet, and the same is probably true for most of the people here. At 25% off I would just assume wait for a better deal. At 50% off I would buy a game if it is something have really been wanting to try. at 75% off I'd be more willing to try a game I didn't know much about if it seemed interesting and the price was right. In any case, I always check the Metacritic game score before buying. If the score is low (maybe below 70) I won't make the purchase.

If it was $2.50 I'd definitely buy it. If it's more than that, then no. I can wait for a steam sale and get it cheaper.

So yeah if you price it at $2.50 I'll definitely be in for a purchase.

Just so you guys know, Magicka (base game) is on sale for 2.48 at Amazon.com right now.

Adding to my previous post, I would think a 10 dollar bundle would be a great price (base game plus all 8 dlc content). You can even spin it as buy the game at regular price, get all 8 dlc free. Just some more ideas...

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just so you guys know, Magicka (base game) is on sale for 2.48 at Amazon.com right now.

Adding to my previous post, I would think a 10 dollar bundle would be a great price (base game plus all 8 dlc content). You can even spin it as buy the game at regular price, get all 8 dlc free. Just some more ideas...[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kos, we were probably writing our posts at the same time :).

75% off! Now that's how you do it!

Saw a thread on SlickDeals, and I let a few of my friends know. Come here, and I see people already talking about it at 3 in the morning. Word of your deals is spreading fast, Tony!

I already own this one, so I'll be passing... unless; is there a way to buy the game and "gift" it to someone? Or is the purchase immediately linked to my Amazon account? EDIT: Thank you for the prompt reply! For some reason I didn't consider the game was Steamworks. IMO, that makes the deal even sweeter!

Anyway, glad you made 75% off happen. I believe that means you beat Steam's lowest price, which is important amongst the CAG community (as I'm sure you're quickly becoming aware).

Keep 'em coming :)

Wow; amazing deal, Tony! Thank you to you and Amazon for really getting involved with CAG and the gaming community in general!

[quote name='mattcube64']75% off! Now that's how you do it!

Saw a thread on SlickDeals, and I let a few of my friends know. Come here, and I see people already talking about it at 3 in the morning. Word of your deals is spreading fast, Tony!

I already own this one, so I'll be passing... unless; is there a way to buy the game and "gift" it to someone? Or is the purchase immediately linked to my Amazon account?

Anyway, glad you made 75% off happen. I believe that means you beat Steam's lowest price, which is important amongst the CAG community (as I'm sure you're quickly becoming aware).

Keep 'em coming :)[/QUOTE]

You can definitely buy copies of this for your friends. Just buy the game and send them the activation code :)

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks Kos, we were probably writing our posts at the same time :).[/QUOTE]

haha I guess I won this round by a hair :p

In the end, I don't think anyone can complain about a 2.49 base game price (I think that's the cheapest i have seen it even compared to steam summer sale). It is a good price for new buyers to get into the game and for current owners to spread the Magi love around with their friends.

I personally already own everything Magicka already, but I'll do my part in advertising that price to some friends of mine who were already interested in getting this game!

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']As much as I appreciate having an Amazon rep on these boards, asking for feedback on a potential deal probably doesn't belong in the Deals section.[/QUOTE]

Really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "Whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "I have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "I wish I didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the Amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "Too expensive, didn't buy" "Whoops another one for the backlog" "I'd rather see new games like Warhammer Space marine up there"

I guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:

[quote name='Glomerate']Really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "Whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "I have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "I wish I didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the Amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "Too expensive, didn't buy" "Whoops another one for the backlog" "I'd rather see new games like Warhammer Space marine up there"

I guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:[/QUOTE]
It wasn't a deal at the time he posted the poll. He was asking what would be an acceptable deal. If he wants feedback on a potential deal, there's a section of these forums for that, Deal Discussion. And honestly, given 3 choices for price, who's not going to pick the cheapest one?

When people post "one for the backlog" or "too expensive" or whatnot, at least it's relevant to a deal being posted, and not asking for feedback. I can understand how that can clutter a thread though.

The mods (and Cheapy) let this one stay here though, and they make the rules. I won't complain on any future threads. :D

[quote name='Glomerate']Really?

I guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Its simple. When Tony signed up he becomes a CAG and should fit in with the rules and culture here. I'm sure he will in time like our other reps. He should also receive the same scrutiny any CAG does when posting threads. The criticism is just as helpful as praise. No one is telling him to get out.

If a non-retailer CAG posted a question or the $8 Bioshock2 deal they would have been blasted...our amazon rep gets borderline love letters instead :lol:

Thanks for the great deal. It irks me that fellow people on this site treat reps like you so bad. I'm very thankful for your (and others) time and effort to include a community like CAG in building promotions like these.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to what you and your team do.

[quote name='CaseX']I don't have Magicka. I would like it, as cheap as possible, pretty please.[/QUOTE]

It's a neat little game... you should enjoy it.

it's nice to have an amazon rep as part of the community and offering up deals. i'm all for it. poll or no polls, you're always gonna get us wanting the lowest price, because we're cheapasses! :) i don't play these type of games but to support ya, i'll buy one!!! can it be activated on steam?

[quote name='deletion']it's nice to have an amazon rep as part of the community and offering up deals. i'm all for it. poll or no polls, you're always gonna get us wanting the lowest price, because we're cheapasses! :) i don't play these type of games but to support ya, i'll buy one!!! can it be activated on steam?[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Yep this can be activated on Steam :)

I realize the poll was part of marketing scheme to get me to agree into buying a game at a certain price before it even reached that price, but I think it's such a clever, novel concept that I appreciate and support it.

Thanks for the deal, OP, and I hope we can continue this working relationship further. :)

[quote name='glomerate']really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "i have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "i wish i didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "too expensive, didn't buy" "whoops another one for the backlog" "i'd rather see new games like warhammer space marine up there"

i guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks man! Yep this can be activated on Steam :)[/QUOTE]

I do believe it MUST be activated on Steam, no? I started the installer, put in the activation code, and it immediately informed me that it was activated on Steam. I then cancelled the installer, deleted the 600MB download Amazon did, and started the install from the Steam client. I'm very happy this comes directly from Steam for the future.

bread's done
Back