Halo Reach Legendary Edition (360) $49.99 at Best Buy

I guess store and online have different prices. I was just at two Best Buys today and both were listed at 79.99. Not that I want one...

It'll NEVER reach $20. The game alone still sells for that much if not still at full price. $30? yeah

EDIT: And of course, the DLC alone still sells for about the same price so it's a win win

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']It'll NEVER reach $20.[/QUOTE]

Halo 3 Legendary hit $20. There's no reason why this one couldn't either.

I picked up Reach Legendary for $32 @ Target on clearance months ago, so it's already gone pretty low as it is.

[quote name='Brother Daz']FYI-The flaming helmet codes are still going for $45 (give or take) on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Between this and the >$30 people are paying for the Deux Ex pre-order DLCs, I'm opening an ebay account just to partake in the potential profits...

[quote name='CaseX']Wow. Between this and the >$30 people are paying for the Deux Ex pre-order DLCs, I'm opening an ebay account just to partake in the potential profits...[/QUOTE]

Word to the wise:
Keep in mind that eBay doesn't allow the selling of DLC codes to be deliver electronically. You have to ship it (the card) or...just don't mention that you'll send the code via eBay message or something in that regard or 1: they'll remove your listing, and 2: do it enough times and get caught and you'll find your account being suspended for a year if not permanently.

Yeah, seen stacks of them at target awhile ago when they were clearing them for $40 that was like in January. I almost feel bad for people who shelled $120+ for these thinking they may be limited... but then again, if they have that kind of disposable income, whatever lol!

[quote name='Newl']Yeah, seen stacks of them at target awhile ago when they were clearing them for $40 that was like in January. I almost feel bad for people who shelled $120+ for these thinking they may be limited... but then again, if they have that kind of disposable income, whatever lol![/QUOTE]

Kids - MGMT

I still have my blue flame anyway ;)

[quote name='CaseX']Wow. Between this and the >$30 people are paying for the Deux Ex pre-order DLCs, I'm opening an ebay account just to partake in the potential profits...[/QUOTE]

didnt know about the value of deus ex codes.

so i just put mine up for auction

Saw about 3 of these in my store today marked at this price. I don't think that store had them before either.

[quote name='iRandom']Word to the wise:
Keep in mind that eBay doesn't allow the selling of DLC codes to be deliver electronically. You have to ship it (the card) or...just don't mention that you'll send the code via eBay message or something in that regard or 1: they'll remove your listing, and 2: do it enough times and get caught and you'll find your account being suspended for a year if not permanently.[/QUOTE]

W.T.F. Why? Cuz they make money off the shipping and handling or something like that? That's retarded. It's like a computer professor asking you to write a program and then requiring you to submit it to him only in hardcopy form.

[quote name='CaseX']W.T.F. Why? Cuz they make money off the shipping and handling or something like that? That's retarded. It's like a computer professor asking you to write a program and then requiring you to submit it to him only in hardcopy form.[/QUOTE]

tell me fucking about it

[quote name='CaseX']It's like a computer professor asking you to write a program and then requiring you to submit it to him only in hardcopy form.[/QUOTE]

When I was in college, some of my engineering professors used to ask for hard copies of programs.

I always wondered if they actually read the code or just pulled a grade out their ass after running the program to see if it worked.

I'm thinking the latter.

[quote name='CaseX']W.T.F. Why? Cuz they make money off the shipping and handling or something like that? That's retarded. It's like a computer professor asking you to write a program and then requiring you to submit it to him only in hardcopy form.[/QUOTE]

A lot of fraud and claims of non-receipt or non-working codes probably come from code sales too. Probably trying to cut down on that.

Is this $49.99 in store also? I know for a fact that my local best buy had at least 4 of these marked "$149.99" the other day.

I'd rather go buy it there for $49.99 tomorrow than wait for it to ship.

Any idea whether the Limited edition will ever get a sale or clearance? I am not interested in something that takes up this much space... the Limited edition seems like the smarter choice in that case.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is this $49.99 in store also? I know for a fact that my local best buy had at least 4 of these marked "$149.99" the other day.

I'd rather go buy it there for $49.99 tomorrow than wait for it to ship.[/QUOTE]

The legendary edition can be price matched if it's an online price on Bestbuy.com, so yes you can just go there and buy it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is this $49.99 in store also? I know for a fact that my local best buy had at least 4 of these marked "$149.99" the other day.

I'd rather go buy it there for $49.99 tomorrow than wait for it to ship.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure you can order on the website and pickup in-store.

[quote name='Sentinel']Any idea whether the Limited edition will ever get a sale or clearance? I am not interested in something that takes up this much space... the Limited edition seems like the smarter choice in that case.[/QUOTE]

I think they go for $40 at my local Walmart. WM prices are YMMV however.

I see these legendary boxes at Best Buy whenever I go in there. Those things are frickin HUGE!! I'd pay someone $50 to get that thing out of my house. ;)

[quote name='Sentinel']Any idea whether the Limited edition will ever get a sale or clearance? I am not interested in something that takes up this much space... the Limited edition seems like the smarter choice in that case.[/QUOTE]

Buy the legendary and sell the code and statue. then you'd have a great deal on the limited edition.

I kind of want this, and my closest best buy clearly says they are in stock right now (while all the other ones are out)! Rather tempting, if it's true you can sell the helmet code for 45.

However I'm a grown man, and already have Reach, and have less than zero need or space for a silly statue...

It's actually nothing like that.

Be weary of their online inventory tracker, the only best buy in my town was OOS, but I saw about 10 of them a few days ago, went in to look today, still had a huge 4X4 stack of em, and 4 sitting right next to the game trade in counter. The price was still marked 79.99 though, but they rang up correctly at the register, had the page loaded on my phone just in case though.

[quote name='shark974']
However I'm a grown man, and already have Reach, and have less than zero need or space for a silly statue...[/QUOTE]

I ordered reach from gohasting`s 10 buck deal and traded it in to BB for 24 bucks with the gears pre order, got my gift card and canceled the pre order all because I wanted that statue lol. I still feel bad for missing out on the halo 3 helmet statue.

[quote name='cancermatt']Will best buy price match drop in price? Just bought this a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Buy one at $50, return this new one with the old receipt.

[quote name='mattcube64']Buy one at $50, return this new one with the old receipt.[/QUOTE]

+1000

I do this all the time. It's too much trouble to price match. The CSRs are sometimes clueless, they have to call someone else over to enter some override code, they make some excuse about why price match doesn't apply here, blah, blah, blah.

Easiest thing is what you suggested. Buy and return with old receipt. Accomplishes the exact same thing in way less time and hassle.

[quote name='warfare360']I ordered reach from gohasting`s 10 buck deal and traded it in to BB for 24 bucks with the gears pre order, got my gift card and canceled the pre order all because I wanted that statue lol. I still feel bad for missing out on the halo 3 helmet statue.[/QUOTE]

I am going to do this tomorrow and put towards Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 since I didnt get the original. It will get me it for like $20.

From the time of the first post, the BB website said no stores near me had any in stock. That was odd to me considering two days a go I saw 3 of them my local store. So I decided to walk in and check; sure enough, there was one there. I had the guy at the gaming counter scan it and it rang up $49.99. I immediately bought it, much to his chagrin as he'd been waiting for it to drop.

I did the same thing to the poor guy when :ps3: Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition dropped. >.>

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy!

Anyone who bought this can tell me what the UPC code is on the Limited Edition game and on the standard game inside it again?

I want to make sure it has a UPC and what it is (in some cases they will not have the UPC and say not for resale).

Pretty please? Thanks!

[quote name='gamingdroid']Anyone who bought this can tell me what the UPC code is on the Limited Edition game and on the standard game inside it again?

I want to make sure it has a UPC and what it is (in some cases they will not have the UPC and say not for resale).

Pretty please? Thanks![/QUOTE]

There isn't going to be a UPC. It will have a not for resale message on it.

Wait, I have a copy of Halo Reach I got from a Legendary Edition and it has a UPC code (0 00017 01419 9). And I don't see "Not for resale" anywhere on it.

[quote name='Numidian']Wait, I have a copy of Halo Reach I got from a Legendary Edition and it has a UPC code (0 00017 01419 9). And I don't see "Not for resale" anywhere on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

bread's done
Back