Newegg $15 off Forza 4 Preorder

god damn New egg is all over this pre-order shit isn't it? I hate racing games so not a big deal for me, but good buy for anyone else. I'm tempted to let my buddy who loves this stuff know but he just had a kid and is kinda broke now

There is also a preorder incentive program for Forza 4. Info and instructions can be found at this link:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/?fwlhd=1

The incentive program is a good deal for extra cars - mine went through a few months ago. However be aware they notify you via Forza 3 'email.' What they do is gift you a new car for Forza 3 and send a message via Forza 3 to tell you you're successful. The gifts are linked to your gamer tag.

(I myself pre-ordered the Limited Collector's Edition from Amazon months ago and which is currently unavailable.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']god damn New egg is all over this pre-order shit isn't it? I hate racing games so not a big deal for me, but good buy for anyone else. I'm tempted to let my buddy who loves this stuff know but he just had a kid and is kinda broke now[/QUOTE]

So far Newegg had me cancel 4 preorders I had from Amazon! So Newegg is really aggressive this year with their deal offers. Altho Amazon often offers credits for future orders I'd rather have the discount upfront. And personally I've never had a problem with Newegg preorders - I've had every pre-order delivered on release day, but that may be because I'm from NY - they ship from their NJ warehouse the day before release which always gets to me overnight.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']There is also a preorder incentive program for Forza 4. Info and instructions can be found at this link:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/?fwlhd=1

The incentive program is a good deal for extra cars - mine went through a few months ago. However be aware they notify you via Forza 3 'email.' What they do is gift you a new car for Forza 3 and send a message via Forza 3 to tell you you're successful. The gifts are linked to your gamer tag.

(I myself pre-ordered the Limited Collector's Edition from Amazon months ago and which is currently unavailable.)[/QUOTE]

So if I don't have 3 should I care?

[quote name='6er']So if I don't have 3 should I care?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because they'll also be gifting cars in F4 to those who took part in the preorder promotion.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']So far Newegg had me cancel 4 preorders I had from Amazon! So Newegg is really aggressive this year with their deal offers. Altho Amazon often offers credits for future orders I'd rather have the discount upfront. And personally I've never had a problem with Newegg preorders - I've had every pre-order delivered on release day, but that may be because I'm from NY - they ship from their NJ warehouse the day before release which always gets to me overnight.[/QUOTE]

ya theyre really stepping up their game. The only thing that makes me still prefer Amazon most of the time, is sales tax. They knock 10 bucks off usually, and then tax is over 5 bucks.. so your really only saving 4 and some change =( The few that they have 15 dollars off are pretty good though.

I'm pretty sure they only charge sales tax to CA residents though, so those of you elsewhere should be getting a good deal. Any non CA buyers that can confirm tax or no tax?

[quote name='6er']So if I don't have 3 should I care?[/QUOTE]

They only send the confirmation via Forza 3 - if you did every thing correctly you'll still get the pre-order bonus in Forza 4.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']However be aware they notify you via Forza 3 'email.' What they do is gift you a new car for Forza 3 and send a message via Forza 3 to tell you you're successful.[/QUOTE]
Where are you seeing this, the only mention of Forza 3 is that "like Forza 3" the cars that they send you will require Gold.

[quote name='Skoad']Where are you seeing this, the only mention of Forza 3 is that "like Forza 3" the cars that they send you will require Gold.[/QUOTE]

It's on the Forza forums, but I also experienced it first hand. You will not know if your registration went through unless you have F3, boot it up, go online and receive a gift car and message from Turn 10. (Note: the gift car is a reward for owners of F3 who have pre-ordered 4 and has nothing to do with what you'll be getting in Forza 4.)
Forza 3 isn't required to get the preorder bonus in Forza 4 - but you will not know for sure if your registration went through.
If you do everything they tell you to do in their instructions you will get the bonus in Forza 4.
Why they did it this way - and not simply send a confirmation via return email - is a question only Turn 10 can answer.
They should have noted this on the instruction page - it has confused many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances Amazon will match this? I prefer to use them, but for $15 off, I don't play favorites.

Also, assuming I do preorder from Newegg, and Amazon matches, how easy is it to cancel a preorder from Newegg?

[quote name='Felder71']Chances Amazon will match this? I prefer to use them, but for $15 off, I don't play favorites.

Also, assuming I do preorder from Newegg, and Amazon matches, how easy is it to cancel a preorder from Newegg?[/QUOTE]

Easy to cancel Newegg - go to your account - you'll see a link:
Pre-order Status under Orders (on the left side)
You'll see the order number and it'll say 'On Hold' - click on that and you'll see a big cancel box. Click to cancel.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']Easy to cancel Newegg - go to your account - you'll see a link:
Pre-order Status under Orders (on the left side)
You'll see the order number and it'll say 'On Hold' - click on that and you'll see a big cancel box. Click to cancel.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I guess there's no reason not to bite for now, then.

I pre-ordered it. Thanks OP! But about that incentive program... it says that you have to include a photo copy or jpeg of your pre-order receipt. Does that mean you can't send a copy of the receipt email? If not, then ordering online wouldn't seem to work for this deal, only in-store. Or does it work if you just forward the "receipt" you get from newegg in email?

EDIT: Well, I just tried forwarding the "receipt" email from newegg and will hope for the best.

[quote name='crunchewy']I pre-ordered it. Thanks OP! But about that incentive program... it says that you have to include a photo copy or jpeg of your pre-order receipt. Does that mean you can't send a copy of the receipt email? If not, then ordering online wouldn't seem to work for this deal, only in-store. Or does it work if you just forward the "receipt" you get from newegg in email?

EDIT: Well, I just tried forwarding the "receipt" email from newegg and will hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

As long as you wrote your gamertag on the receipt it should be ok. You must write your gamertag on the receipt. I sent a jpeg of my receipt using Photoshop to write my gamertag on it. They definitely accept online order receipts.

Thanks OP. Been waiting on a good deal for this. I had a $25 gift card, plus the preorder incentives, I decided to jump on this for $20 out of pocket.

I don't use it often enough, but I spent alot of money on my Fanatec steering wheel and it makes these racing games so much fun. Too bad they are making a new on that is $500 and they'll probably suck me in again.

Just as a note: If ordering more than one game pre-order your games separate! If you decide to cancel one, then you have to cancel all on that order!

In for one. Thanks OP.
On second thought, with my huge backlog and other pre-orders, maybe I should hold off until they release the "Ultimate" version.

PS - Strange, I didn't see this deal in any newegg emails.

[quote name='egonpax']Just as a note: If ordering more than one game pre-order your games separate! If you decide to cancel one, then you have to cancel all on that order!

In for one. Thanks OP.
On second thought, with my huge backlog and other pre-orders, maybe I should hold off until they release the "Ultimate" version.

PS - Strange, I didn't see this deal in any newegg emails.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long it took for the ultimate version of fotza 3 to come out?! You have more patience then me.

grrrrr!!! I wanna save dat money,

but I also want dat limited edition, which is sold out on amazon anyways...

What to do?!?!?!

Extremely disappointed this doesn't work for the Limited Edition.

Now what to do? Get this or pay full price for the limited?

[quote name='JEKKI']grrrrr!!! I wanna save dat money,

but I also want dat limited edition, which is sold out on amazon anyways...

What to do?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Best buy has it friend.

Tempting but this time i'm holding out for Forza 4 Platinum Hits which should be out 12 months later so I can get all the DLC at half the price. :bouncy:

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']As long as you wrote your gamertag on the receipt it should be ok. You must write your gamertag on the receipt. I sent a jpeg of my receipt using Photoshop to write my gamertag on it. They definitely accept online order receipts.[/QUOTE]

They say to put gamertag in subject only. How do you write it on the receipt if he said he sent a email receipt for an online order. it does not make much sense.

Nice deal, but I think I'm gonna wait. Forza games drop really fast in price and there's a good chance that Amazon will have it for $29.99 or $34.99 around Black Friday.

Gotta love NewEgg's Discount lately !

I was On fence but was gonna go with Amazon But newegg got my business
Just Pre-Ordered!

Newegg is killing it right now....I've got all the games preordered at newegg except Gears 3( 20 credit at amazon), and BF3 (on Origin).....I've never used newegg before so if the shipping ls like a week late on any of them, I'm cancelling nearly all of them. Rage will be the first test.

Anyone know how the shipping times are to Texas?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They say to put gamertag in subject only. How do you write it on the receipt if he said he sent a email receipt for an online order. it does not make much sense.[/QUOTE]

They do not say put your GT in subject 'only.' If you read it it goes on to say:
"Be sure and write your Gamertag on the receipt and make sure the date is clearly legible."
As I said - I used my email confirmation from Amazon - scanned it to Photoshop - typed out my GT on the receipt - saved it as a jpeg and attached it as they say to do. I got my confirmation so I know it works.
Rather than explain it on CAG it's better if you visit the Forza forums and do a search and they explain how to do it.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/152/ShowForum.aspx

[quote name='Brutal Fates']If I can't find the limited edition of this game discounted I won't buy this game.[/QUOTE]

HOLY WASTE OF TIME BATMAN.
No one cares bro.

[quote name='jdktech2010']Newegg is killing it right now....I've got all the games preordered at newegg except Gears 3( 20 credit at amazon), and BF3 (on Origin).....I've never used newegg before so if the shipping ls like a week late on any of them, I'm cancelling nearly all of them. Rage will be the first test.

Anyone know how the shipping times are to Texas?[/QUOTE]

I live in Oklahoma and it takes 3 days for me. I highly recommend Newegg!

Edit: I forgot that they offer free 4-7 day shipping. I don't think I have ordered anything with it before. All their free shipping used to be 3 day, but I guess they changed it on some items. Anyway, Forza 4 has free 3 day shipping, so you are good to go.

bread's done
Back