(DEAD) Origin - Pre-order 'Battlefield 3', get 'Dead Space 2' for free (PC only)

Why didn't they just let us pick from a section of free games? Good deal, but already own it. Curious to see how well the game sells since it will not be on Steam. I bet there might be more deal before too long.

damn I pre-ordered on origin a week ago. I'm going to ask if I can get on this deal =)

Perfect!

Clayton:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Clayton. How may I assist you today?
you:
Hi
you:
I see you have a promotion for Battlefield 3 get Dead Space 2 on origin.
Clayton:
Yes
you:
I preordered BF3 on origin a week ago, can I get on the promotion to receive Dead Space 2?
Clayton:
May I have the Order Number pleasE?
you:
Sure
you:
Your order number is xxxxxxxxxxx.
Clayton:
Thank you, one moment
Clayton:
Alright I will add this game for you
you:
Terrific!
Clayton:
I have added this game to your account
you:
Great
you:
I'll log in to origin now
Clayton:
Alright
Clayton:
Is there anything else I can assist with?
you:
Perfect, nope solid. Thanks a lot!

Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not working right when I click add to cart. It adds BF3 and the extras for it and then adds Dead Space (the first one) and it's 19.99 extra. Went to the last screen and Dead Space (1) is still an extra 19.99.

Am I doing something wrong here?

YMMV on getting the game if you already pre-ordered. I just asked the same thing in chat and got denied (I pre-ordered last week).

Granted, I contacted EA support. You may have better luck with Origin support (I'll try this out later).

I think it's lame how EA uses Dead Space 2 like some crappy "oops didn't mean to do that version" sequel by including it like it's now worthless. It was a great game but still not enough to get me on Origin, blah.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']YMMV on getting the game if you already pre-ordered. I just asked the same thing in chat and got denied (I pre-ordered last week).

Granted, I contacted EA support. You may have better luck with Origin support (I'll try this out later).[/QUOTE]

I went through EA support actually. Had no issues there and they were able to add the game just from my order number. Guy was helpful, slow but didn't take much to get it done.

[quote name='Saryk']Why didn't they just let us pick from a section of free games? Good deal, but already own it. Curious to see how well the game sells since it will not be on Steam. I bet there might be more deal before too long.[/QUOTE]

They actually did do that if you ordered earlier. It was mass effect 2, dead space 2 or one more I forget.

So... I clicked the Add to Cart button, and it added Battlefield 3 along with Dead Space 1 (at full price, no less). Not working so well right now. I'll try again later.

[quote name='capnrico']They actually did do that if you ordered earlier. It was mass effect 2, dead space 2 or one more I forget.[/QUOTE]

It was Medal of Honor. I like this deal because I already have ME2 and don't care about MoH, but did want to get DS2. I was basically resigned to getting BF3 from Origin anyway, but I was waiting for another deal like this. It's weird to me that they keep doing these deals every few weeks...why not just keep it up as an incentive permanently?

Will check it out when I get home.

[quote name='Trastan']So... I clicked the Add to Cart button, and it added Battlefield 3 along with Dead Space 1 (at full price, no less). Not working so well right now. I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

Still adding DS 1, but now it's free. Come on, EA, you can do it...

I pre-ordered last month and contacted EA Live Support today and they asked for my order number and promptly applied DS2 to my account :)

I got DS2 back when they had the post-Alpha (which I wasn't able to get into a single game in two hours of trying!) "thank you" sale with the choice of games. I still haven't finished the first one on Xbox, so it's just sitting and waiting to be played. I did the first half-hour or so. Not sure if I dig the mouse+keyboard for this one.

As much as I hate Origin, it is required for BF3, so I went ahead and bit on this. I'll take DS2 for free along with all the other swag they're throwing in.

EA support is top notch. I lost my spore disks years ago, but since I registered it EA, they added it to my origins for me. Gotta love they are adding DS2 for people. I really dont mind origin, I am more opposed to having 8 download services now.. but thats nothing against EA, just the way things are when you deal shop.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I got DS2 back when they had the post-Alpha (which I wasn't able to get into a single game in two hours of trying!) "thank you" sale with the choice of games. I still haven't finished the first one on Xbox, so it's just sitting and waiting to be played. I did the first half-hour or so. Not sure if I dig the mouse+keyboard for this one.[/QUOTE]

Just use a wired 360 controller or get the wireless dongle for your controller

[quote name='xanaty']I pre-ordered last month and contacted EA Live Support today and they asked for my order number and promptly applied DS2 to my account :)[/QUOTE]

Just curious - did you get in on the last deal with the choice of games?

bread's done
Back