- - - - -

Netflix Twitter Debacle

#1 smiley241275   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

smiley241275

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

This is absolutely hilarious! Call it karma for making such bad business decisions. Can't wait to see how this plays out. Check out some of the guy's tweets!

http://techcrunch.co...untain-of-cash/
Check out my site over at www.ThisAndThatTech.com

#2 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21693 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, but note what was said in the article - it's against the terms of service to sell your twitter handle, so the effort may lead to him being banned, and Qwikster getting the account for free. At best he can just be a pain in Qwikster's behind, perhaps lead to a name change, which I think we can all agree is a great idea.

#3 smiley241275   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

smiley241275

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, I saw that. My buddy and I were discussing this. The easy workaround here would be Qwikster paying this dude to "talk about selling his handle on twitter" and then getting it banned, whereby Qwikster could then snatch it for free. That way, they could save some face, albeit little, and get what they want out of it. Who knows, though. He may have already made it too aware that he is willing to sell, forfeiting any chance to make some $$$.
Check out my site over at www.ThisAndThatTech.com

#4 ready4war   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ready4war

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:45 AM

I think there is many lulz at this. The dude behind the twitter account is probably extremely high.

#5 basilofbkrst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1320 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

basilofbkrst

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

I don't see the funny here. . . .

#6 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

They'll just register something else.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image