Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

Saw this on SD and thought it was a great deal. Year 1-7 blu-ray on the amazon.com site is $86, so for half the price you get all 8 movies. Even if you find all of them for $10 by themselves, that's still $80, so this is a great deal for those who are HP fans.

[quote name='Javery']That's a great price for 8 movies. Too bad they weren't that good (although I haven't seen 6, 7 or 8 yet).[/QUOTE]

I thought they were all good except maybe order of the phoenix. Stuff was changed from the books but they were all enjoyable. The first 3 are my fav, but the last one was also really well done.

[quote name='Javery']That's a great price for 8 movies. Too bad they weren't that good (although I haven't seen 6, 7 or 8 yet).[/QUOTE]
Six is so boring, more so than the rest.
Part 1 of the finale is the best of the bunch, its just them walking around for 2.5 hours but each scene is packed full of energy and tension.
Part 2 of the finale is the complete opposite, no energy no consequence, very boring. And its a great example of what happens when a director that cant shoot action tries too - not good.

Holy crap! What a deal! Just over $5 each for all eight Harry Potter movies on Blu-Ray? Region-free? With special features? Heck yeah!

How do these work with the exchange rate constantly changing? Are you at the mercy of the rate at the time of shipping or whatever it would exchange to right now?

[quote name='Rumors']How do these work with the exchange rate constantly changing? Are you at the mercy of the rate at the time of shipping or whatever it would exchange to right now?[/QUOTE]

Based on what I've read it's the exchange rate at the time of shipping.

[quote name='Rumors']How do these work with the exchange rate constantly changing? Are you at the mercy of the rate at the time of shipping or whatever it would exchange to right now?[/QUOTE]
It'd be the exchange rate when you're charged (so in December). You risk a change in currency value, but I'll chance it for dirt cheap box sets.

[quote name='vessey632']Based on what I've read it's the exchange rate at the time of shipping.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, even if I was hoping otherwise. I guess its up to the customer to check up on the exchange before shipping.

[quote name='JJSP']Charges when they actually ship, right?

Preordered from Amazon UK. Strangely though, the US release was just announced for November 11th (and for wayyy more - $97.99).

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-...1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1316568081&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Even stranger/sadder is the UK set has 11 discs (8 movies, 3 extras), where as the US one only has 8 discs (movies). So for twice the price you get less. Gotta love it!

You lock in the price via GBP, but the exchange rate isn't controlled by amazon. They charge your payment method the specific amount, which at this time is 30 GBP and your CC/DC company does the conversation.

Interesting thing though is you can change amazon.co.uk to display items in US dollars during the checkout, which locks in the conversion rate/price. It does not work on pre-orders sadly, at least as far as I could determine.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Even stranger/sadder is the UK set has 11 discs (8 movies, 3 extras), where as the US one only has 8 discs (movies). So for twice the price you get less. Gotta love it!

You lock in the price via GBP, but the exchange rate isn't controlled by amazon. They charge your payment method the specific amount, which at this time is 30 GBP and your CC/DC company does the conversation.

Interesting thing though is you can change amazon.co.uk to display items in US dollars during the checkout, which locks in the conversion rate/price. It does not work on pre-orders sadly, at least as far as I could determine.[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordered. I just hope you're right about the 3 discs of bonus content. I couldn't find any evidence of this online except for websites that are quoting the "11 discs" on Amazon.uk. I just hope it's not an error.

I'm probably going to forget I ordered this and I'll be wondering why Amazon will be taking like $50 out of my account in december. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Pre-ordered. I just hope you're right about the 3 discs of bonus content. I couldn't find any evidence of this online except for websites that are quoting the "11 discs" on Amazon.uk. I just hope it's not an error.

I'm probably going to forget I ordered this and I'll be wondering why Amazon will be taking like $50 out of my account in december. :)[/QUOTE]

The three bonus discs are one disc each for the last three movies in the series. Check the description of the extras on the product page for details on the specific extras included. If you're in this for bonus content you may be better off waiting for the Ultra Edition which has already been confirmed for a later release.

Really torn, this is a pretty great deal but I kinda wanna pick up the Ultimate Editions....may have to get this as a stop gap waiting for them to drop

[quote name='merchie89']Really torn, this is a pretty great deal but I kinda wanna pick up the Ultimate Editions....may have to get this as a stop gap waiting for them to drop[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think my wife will want these when the inevitable complete box set with all the extras and everything are released. I can't stand the films myself.

Just be sure and get the Rifftrax versions of these as well. :D

Not to start any sort of war over 3D but they are gearing up to release a set that contains at least the last FOUR movies in 3D.

The issue on this is "when". Being they're pulling all Harry Potter DVD's and Blu Rays on Dec 31st to be put in "the vault", I'm guessing this "Ultimate 3D Definitive Collector's Platinum Hogwart's Edition" won't be released till Fall of '12 to capitalize on the Holiday Season. Barebones box this season, Collectors box next season.

I guess it just comes down to how much you love these films and whether you want to double dip or not... Sorry about being longwinded but hope this helps.

Decided to place an order. Less than $6 a movie is a really great deal. Plus now with these being put in a "Potter Vault" I'd rather get them now then pay a lot more later.

Three more discs than the US set, and more special features (the US release doesn't have any) for half off the price? Sold.

I've never had any charges beyond the normal price + shipping when ordering from Amazon UK. Don't hold your breath for Amazon USA to pricematch, Amazon UK is notorious for having Blu sets very cheap.

The US has not been part of the UK for over 200 years, so no. It's [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]£3.08 shipping for me.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sweet, i went ahead and ordered it for £30.00 - $46.74 (currency rate might change)

Do i have to notify my bank that there would be an incoming foreign charges on my account by december? i used debit on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']You don't have to notify your bank of anything, if they charge a fee they'll do it automatically[/QUOTE]

cool, i checked your link and my bank will charge me 3%, not bad. thanks

*Warning Stupid Question*

Is this the entire series? Or are there more coming or not in this set? I have never seen any of these movies but I have a four year old who might enjoy these in a few years.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']*Warning Stupid Question*

Is this the entire series? Or are there more coming or not in this set? I have never seen any of these movies but I have a four year old who might enjoy these in a few years.[/QUOTE]This is the entire series.

Seven books, with the seventh book split into two movies, so a total of eight movies.

There's a "Ultimate Edition" version of each of the movies that had come out previously with some additional special features, though each one of those has been about $30+ each and once you get one, you need all of them, as there's a documentary that covers the entire series of movies with an entry per movie.

This option is the cheapest way to get all of the movies in one set. Guaranteed to be cheaper than the US version of this set, without question.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']*Warning Stupid Question*

Is this the entire series? Or are there more coming or not in this set? I have never seen any of these movies but I have a four year old who might enjoy these in a few years.[/QUOTE]

This is it

[quote name='Mako1215']Any real difference between posted deal and this?[/QUOTE]

Looks like the only difference is having DVDs for each movie in addition to the Blu-rays.

[quote name='vessey632']Looks like the only difference is having DVDs for each movie in addition to the Blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

It also comes with a 48 page Photo album and is numbered to 1,000.

Yea I saw the book, and I think the 1-1000 is random.

There are more pressings, but the first thousand are numbered.

I might just stick with the blus only, and hope something bad ass gets released in the US.

The numbered version is odd. It's an Amazon UK exclusive but I don't really see any reason to have a numbered version when the same set is sold elsewhere without being numbered. It's like forcing the impression of it being "limited" to take advantage of HP fans

[quote name='ssjmichael']The numbered version is odd. It's an Amazon UK exclusive but I don't really see any reason to have a numbered version when the same set is sold elsewhere without being numbered. It's like forcing the impression of it being "limited" to take advantage of HP fans[/QUOTE]

Now that you say that I see that.

So more people will order it to try, and get in that 1- 1000.

Maybe a dumb question, do I need to make a UK Amazon account if I already have a US Amazon account to buy these things? Or can I just click the link and sign onto my account and I'm good? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']Maybe a dumb question, do I need to make a UK Amazon account if I already have a US Amazon account to buy these things? Or can I just click the link and sign onto my account and I'm good? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I used my normal account and it worked fine.

[quote name='vessey632']Looks like the only difference is having DVDs for each movie in addition to the Blu-rays.[/QUOTE]The DVDs won't be region free, so they won't work in a US DVD player.

bread's done
Back