Resident Evil PSN sale

IGlowInTheDark

CAGiversary!
PSN has a special this week on Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3. I've got some questions for those that have bought and played the PSN versions. I tried searching google but couldn't find any good reviews of the PSN versions.

1) Is RE1 Directors Cut the dual shock version?
2) If yes to above is it easier to control than the regular version?
3) Does 2 and 3 have the same control options?
4) RE 2 and 3 had better graphic quality on PC's when they were released. Do the versions on PSN have the equivalent or are they straight ports os the PS1 version?

If you have any other input please add. Thanks guys.

Yes, no, yes, straight ports.

You'll be using the tank controls no matter what. No Resident Evil game has ever NOT used the tank controls; they just moved the camera behind the player's back in the more recent games.

Every PS1 game on PSN is literally just a disc image of the PS1 game. It's 100% the same as inserting a PS1 disc in your PS3.

[quote name='mkelehan']No Resident Evil game has ever NOT used the tank controls.[/QUOTE]
RE2 for the N64 had "normal" controls, actually. The more you know!

Is vita going to be able to play these downloaded PS1 games?

I would think the controls on it would be much better for playing old PS1 games.

I need to clear up the dual shock controls issues. When I press up on the d-pad the character always walks in the direction he's faced, I know that. But is it the same with the dual shock controls; pressing up (North) makes him walk in the direction he's facing (East for ex) or does he walk in the direction the stick is pointed at?

Yes, your direction is based on your character's facing direction. They add "auto aim" and a quick turnaround button combo on the dual shock version so it's a lot easier to control. However the basic controls DO NOT CHANGE.

[quote name='Adilink']RE2 for the N64 had "normal" controls, actually. The more you know![/QUOTE]

Interesting. I never played that one.

bread's done
Back