Amazon DotD 9/21: 4gb Xbox 360 w/ Kinect $299 + $50 credit

[quote name='captaintek3304']Is it just me or does it seem like they have this deal at least once a week now? Its either this or the 250GB model with a credit.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you.

Every retailer seems to shoot this thing out in their ads at least once every two months. Amazon credit is the best of them all of course.

Better would be if they just dropped the price $50. Which would seem to be necessary, as otherwise they wouldn't be doing this deal constantly.

I dunno I mean you can sell the kinect for $60 on ebay and with the gears bundle you can sell the extra controller and dlc.

[quote name='OmegaTyrant']Is this a better deal than the Gears console bundle with $40 if I don't need the Kinect but want Gears 3?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you are going to get as well. Assuming that you want to upgrade the 4g HDD that comes with the Kinect Bundle and that you want a second controller, this is how it would pan out when treating the credit as if it were a straight discount.

$250 (300-50) - 4g Kinect Bundle
$40 (60-20) - Gears of War 3
$35 - Black Controller
$100 - 250g HDD (could buy a non-OEM one for $50)
Total: $425 (but you could probably sell the Kinect for $60 after fees and such but it would be hassle although you'd end up paying like $350ish total)

$360 - GoW 3 Bundle
Total: $360 (comes with 320g HDD, second controller, weapon skins, cheap headset, etc)

Honestly I would just go with the GoW3 Bundle. However, if you don't want the larger hard drive and/or don't want a second controller and definitely don't want a Kinect then I'd probably just get a 4g Slim (ideally you'd wait until they came with $50 credit like they often do if you had that patience) and buy GoW3 by itself.

Is the GoW3 bundle a deal? Barely, imo. You save maybe a little bit compared to buying all the pieces separately (360 slim + large hard drive + 2nd controller + GoW3) though if you do care about having badass looking stuff it's hard to a price on style.

On a separate note, comparing the 4g Kinect Bundle at $250 to the regular 4g Slim at $200 when you don't want the Kinect just doesn't seem all that worth it since it is a pretty huge hassle (at least it would be to me) to resell the Kinect to save maybe $20-30 at best and probably less than that.

bread's done
Back