CAGcast #254: Spider-Woman

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]CheapyD reveals the secrets of the Japanese onsen and that he is basically a big pussy. Wombat unveils the ultimate next-gen console, and Shipwreck's retirement plans fall through.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]163[/podcast]
Download - 87 minutes, 53MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro/Outro: Spider-Man Michael Buble (Yes, I know I used this before, but it fit so well!)

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome timing for the CAGcast.
It's 2:00 AM in Tallahassee.
I've got Coffee, Black Ops, My Pipe, and a Paper that's genius.
Thank you CAG for being Kick Ass Gamers.

Cheapy never visit Australia.Austrilia has some of the most deadliest spiders.

Cheapy, you need to play some Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon to get even with those giant spiders.

Load times - the reason I don't play Morrowind on Xbox anymore. Shame, because it is one of my favorite games of all time.

When are you guys going to ditch the games and just made a straight up talk show? Even a special every other month where you speak of everything would be great

It was probably a huntsman spider aka ashidaka gumo. Looks like they're considered by many Japanese people as good bugs because they eat other insects and aren't poisonous. I still dont know if I'd be comfortable sharing a room with it though.

ashidaka.jpg

Wombat was confused about the RE 4 HD controls. If you select TYPE II you can aim with LT and shoot with RT (but you do still have to aim with the left stick.) I hope using TYPE II will help him enjoy the game more.

RE4HD360controls.jpg

Holy crap that spider story creeped me out. I would've been outta there instantly after the first one. /shudder

LOL! Disappointed Japanese men!?!? :( First time to hear this! Just found it on my Android Pocket Casts!! Stern, MMA, and now CAGcast are all I listen to now! Thumbs up guys!

Biggest spider I found on google image search for Japanese spiders. Obviously you should just ride a spider this large.

spiders.png

That spider story gave me the willies Cheapy! Wombat and Ship can make fun all they want, there's a huge difference between looking at google and seeing an ominous shadow of this in person! Especially after it's kin had tasted human flesh! You're definitely a pussy Cheapy, but not because of this. Be strong my friend.

I'm sorry Cheapy, but if being freaked out about that size of a spider makes you a pussy, than that makes me the biggest wettest pussy on this planet. I fucking hate spiders.

Cheapy what would you have done if the spider got near Tai? If you can man up to save him, then being a spineless wimp the rest of the time is ok I guess.

[quote name='iCephalopod']It was probably a huntsman spider aka ashidaka gumo. Looks like they're considered by many Japanese people as good bugs because they eat other insects and aren't poisonous. I still dont know if I'd be comfortable sharing a room with it though.

ashidaka.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If I saw that spider, I would leave Japan and never return. That is just ridiculous.

I'm not afraid of killing bugs at all. As Cheapy said, I don't know how you'd kill that one. How much of a splat would that make if you hit it with a shoe? I'd maybe carry a 10' spear with me and stab it.

Cheapy, i think this is the formula you are looking for: ((Length x Diameter) + Weight over Girth) divided by angle of tip squared

Here is a doctor, to better explain:http://youtu.be/6AZ6fYmEjeA

Wombat, I got tired of my son getting mad at me because he wanted to watch a certain episode when it wasnt the episode airing, i now have over 20 episodes on dvr.

What the hell was that at the 16:04 mark? The Cheapy freakout? Someone should remix that in a song.

I can always count on a laugh from you guys. Anyone remember the classic shipwreck zinger a few pods back. Are you gonna keep talking or are you going to let me take it away. LOL Keep up the good work.

Shipwreck,

I don't think the Netflix CEO was comparing Qwikster to those companies. Here is the exact quote.

For the past five years, my greatest fear at Netflix has been that we wouldn't make the leap from success in DVDs to success in streaming. Most companies that are great at something – like AOL dialup or Borders bookstores – do not become great at new things people want (streaming for us) because they are afraid to hurt their initial business. Eventually these companies realize their error of not focusing enough on the new thing, and then the company fights desperately and hopelessly to recover. Companies rarely die from moving too fast, and they frequently die from moving too slowly.

I think his point was, those two companies were great at something, but they failed to adjust to the market and died. I don't think he did a great job of communicating that however. Just like he's not doing a great job of running his company, the shit Netflix is doing is just stupid.

Signed up for Audible for you guys. I never do this sort of thing, but after the hours of free entertainment you guys commit to each week, it's the least we can do.

Hey, Wombat, if you're not a huge Grant Morrison fan be ready for a short bout of boredom in Super Gods. Morrison gives a brief autobiography before continuing intothe 90's. Thanks for the free audio book.

The crest is from a really popular soccer team around the whole world. It's Barcelona. lol. Not a stoner crest. I'm referring to Qwiksters new profile pic on twitter btw.

I've rarely laughed so hard at anything, let alone a podcast, at the whole spider story. But then, to top it off, Shipwreck makes the Vita comment about how big it is, then suggested Cheapy puts it in his purse... I almost crashed the car. Thank you, the show was one of the best "things" I've ever heard. Keep up the good work.

Great Show, Cheapy.

About 3D, SONY is release a new Product. It's a 3D headset. If you google "SONY HMZ-T1", you will see this new product. I believe it will be a more proper way to view 3D since you are wearing the glasses anyway. However, I think it's overprice and 720p.

After bathing in an onsen in Japan, I had a young man tell me both that he liked my body and he loved me. I followed the advice from Wayne's World and just said "thank you" and high tailed it to my room. A bit freaky, but not enough to turn me off of the awesomeness of onsens. That and that happened 1 out of the 10 or so times I used an onsen, so I figured it's not exactly a common occurrence.

Another great cast and as usual I finished it in one day :applause: I'm glad Wombat followed through and found a way to shoehorn that last "Getting it on-sen" in. The dedication to bad jokes is impressive :D

If you were to divide the FF series between old and modern, the logical spot would be the transition from 2D to 3D. I'd call FF 7 one of the 'modern' ones as well.

I don't know which gave me the heebie jeebies more, Cheapy's spider story or the mental image of him chubbing up and trimming his pubes.

Going to have to concur with Wombat on the RE4HD controls. Wow. I am really struggling remapping my brain. I at least didn't get killed by the first person, but boy was I slow taking him down. I am not ashamed to say that this was my favorite game on the Wii and in my opinion the Wii control scheme is a perfect fit for this game. Going to be tough to finish this one like I did on the Wii.

Holy moley! If I saw that spider around here I'd freak out. I don't mind spiders, but any pest of that size would make me uneasy.

By the way, you guys should remind the listeners to cancel their 2-week Audible trials before they expire if they don't want to be charged monthly or whatever.

Despite having TMBG's music in the show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has to be the most soulless/joyless children's television show around. Throw in the horrible gibberish (Miska-Mooska, Toodles, Mouska-Whatever) and it becomes unbearable.

[quote name='skadave']Despite having TMBG's music in the show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has to be the most soulless/joyless children's television show around. Throw in the horrible gibberish (Miska-Mooska, Toodles, Mouska-Whatever) and it becomes unbearable.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hate that Tai likes it. Even the CG animation is incredibly bland. I'm trying to get him over to some PBS shows like Super Why, which at least have some educational value.

[quote name='CheapyD']I agree. I hate that Tai likes it. Even the CG animation is incredibly bland. I'm trying to get him over to some PBS shows like Super Why, which at least have some educational value.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. None of the kids shows these days are exciting or the slightest bit intriguing. I remember as a kid watching ZOOM on PBS and always thought the science experiments were the coolest thing ever. Hey, even going back and watching it now - I still like it!

I can still remember part the theme song "And if you like what you see turn off the TV and DO IT!" - wait now that sounds just wrong...

On the Street Fighter pronunciations... I remember Cheapy going on about how it bothered him the way people pronounced RYU incorrectly. Then explaining how one should say it, in his super serious, but not really serious at all manner.

Anyway, that memory came to me and made me laugh when you guys brought up Mr. Z again this time.

zangief.jpg

So, to put the japanese spider to scale. The volume of the giant spider would be how many % smaller than the Vita?

Put some shoes on and go stomp on the spider, it's not going to kill you. Then call the poor japanese onsen women to come clean up the spider goo and boast your manhood while she does.

i was just joking on wombat calling ff7 modern. it's just that i have 4 kids, but I was 13 when ff7 came out, just to put most listeners ages into perspective. FF7 was one of the first rpgs I really enjoyed.

and wow! RE4, i was a rockstar back in the day, tearing that game up. I got re4 on psn and yeah, even just that first battle and the village battle was deadly. I thought this would be an easy trophy game. It's also crazy that xbox360 gets 1000points which is equivalent to a platinum, but ps3 only gets a few trophies equal to a psn game. even this elemental monster card and v8 psn games i got for less than a few dollars have plats. ugh. fail. oh wellz

VOLUME is an almost worthless spec when talking portability of a handheld system. Something being twice as thick doesn't make it twice as cumbersome. Length and width (and weight for bigger tech like tablets) are way more important.

So Cheapy, you're right. Shipwreck is crazy.

bread's done
Back