Sonic Colors
Monster Hunter Tri
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy

of those games you mentioned which will work with one of those nintendo brand classic controllers? and btw thanks for staring this post i just got a wii on amazon today so i could use some suggestions. also how good is tatsunoko vs capcom?

It's sad that you list mostly Nintendo titles (which are almost universally excellent) because those are easy for new owners to spot. You need to include some 3rd party gems which might be overlooked. (I think there was a thread about that not too long ago.)

And I did NOT consider the classic controller when putting the list together... you need to embrace the mostly un-obtrusive motion controls for many of these. (In fact, sometimes they make it better, as in the case of RE4, so embrace them.)

All the Nintendo titles you list are great. Here are some others you *must* get:

Zack & Wiki
Fragile Dreams
Epic Mickey (some people say it gets repetitive, but definitely a fun experience)
Goldeneye

Honorable Mention to: Trauma Team, NBA Jam
And if you like M games, many people liked MadWorld (but I've never played it)

And here are a few that were ported to Wii (mostly from PS2), but are awesome games if you missed them elsewhere:

Okami
Dokapon Kingdom
Phantom Brave
Sam & Max (point & click adv. from PC... one of my favs)
Sid Meier's Pirates (great game, but port from Xbox)
Lego Star Wars (if you don't have this on another system, you need this game!)

And if you like M games, many people liked Resident Evil 4 (updated from Gamecube to use pointer controls)

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's a good start.

I found Zack & Wiki's controls to be frustrating. I know it gets a lot of positive reviews, but I found the motion controls fairly infuriating. I didn't have a lot of fun with it, but maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Now I stand strongly because Excitebots Trick Racing. That's an overlooked gem and the motion controls are essential to it and good. Fantastic game!

I had some of that same trouble with Zack & Wiki, as well as general frustration. It was enough that I set it aside for several months before beating it.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Dokapon Kingdom[/QUOTE]
Is this really a port, though? In North America at least, the Wii and PS2 versions came out at the same time (and thus, it isn't an exclusive at all).

My list, BTW:
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Rune Factory Frontier
- Wii Fit Plus
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Klonoa
- Mario Kart Wii
- Elebits
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

...and I think that's it so far. Also, de Blob would be way up there if there wasn't a DS version.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
2. Metroid Prime Trilogy
3. Fire Emblem
4. Smash Bros.
5. Zelda: TP
6. DKCR
7. Kirby's Epic Yarn
8. Sin & Punishment
9. New Super Mario Bros
10. Okami

Honorable Mention
-Boom Blox
-Zack & Wiki
-Xenoblade
-Muramasa

Forgot about deBlob (although the 2nd one is on all systems now).

Klonoa is a PS2 port, but also a great game.

Elebits was fun... forgot about that one, too.

Boom Blox is another fun Wii exclusive I forgot about that was very enjoyable with a group.

Was Chocobo Tales for Wii fun? My son didn't like the DS version.

I didn't know that both versions of Dokapon Kingdom came out at the same time.

And finally on Zack & Wiki, you really should give it another chance. There were only one or two stages where I found the controls frustrating, and most of the time I came back to the game with a more "relaxed" approach. Avoid frantic movements and you should be fine. (That's why the only stages I didn't enjoy were the couple of them where timing was a factor, including the final one... so I've completed the game except for that.)

definelty going to get the metroid prime trilogy ( gonna skip other M) ill get mario galaxy 1 and if i like it then get the sequel. i heard good things about epic mickey so ill check it out as well and the bundle i got comes with mario kart so im set there.

okami is a good game but i already beat it on ps2 and i already had tp on gamecube so aside from the new zelda coming out and tasunoko vs capcom what else is worth checking out? btw did they ever do a star fox on wii?

also whats the cheapest way to get another wiimote and wii motion plus dealy?

[quote name='soonersfan60']Klonoa is a PS2 port, but also a great game.[/quote]
Remake of a PS1 game, actually, but good point nonetheless

[quote name='soonersfan60']Was Chocobo Tales for Wii fun? My son didn't like the DS version.

I didn't know that both versions of Dokapon Kingdom came out at the same time.

And finally on Zack & Wiki, you really should give it another chance. There were only one or two stages where I found the controls frustrating, and most of the time I came back to the game with a more "relaxed" approach. Avoid frantic movements and you should be fine. (That's why the only stages I didn't enjoy were the couple of them where timing was a factor, including the final one... so I've completed the game except for that.)[/QUOTE]
The Wii Chocobo Tales is really different from the DS one. It's a dungeon crawler in the roguelike/mystery dungeon style, but easier than usual. I happen to be a fan of the genre, so that's a big reason why I loved it, but it's also fun to play in general and has a lot of the usual Final Fantasy flavor (a job system[!], likable characters, great graphics and sound, a soundtrack packed with FF classic tunes, etc.).

As I said before, I did eventually beat Zack & Wiki, but it still stands in my mind as very much a quintessential Capcom game: fun when it's fun, but when it gets hard, it can be frustrating.

[quote name='lokizz']also whats the cheapest way to get another wiimote and wii motion plus dealy?[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye out for deals on Flingsmash or Wii Play Motion. Both come with a Wiimote+MP controller in the box with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foltzie']Keep an eye out for deals on Flingsmash or Wii Play Motion. Both come with a Wiimote+MP contorller in the box with the game.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the info ill add both of those to my list.

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports Resort
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Metroid Prime 3 (I'd say Trilogy but it's near impossible to find)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Little King's Story

oh, wow... Can't believe I forgot about Little King's Story! One of the best games... ever. If you like Pikmin, you'll love it. Logged so many hours on that game when it first came out but haven't pulled it back out recently.

Don't forget Excite Truck and Excitebots, both insanely fun arcade racers. Of the two, I probably prefer Excite Truck (custom soundtracks!), but Excitebots has online multiplayer going for it.

Also it's not exactly an exclusive, but the Wii's Resident Evil 4 remains the definitive version of the game to me, with the complete set of bonus missions, unlockable weapons and costumes, and wiimote shooting controls. HD graphics are overrated.

No love for the No More Heroes games it seems..

They are both easily the best games I have played this generation. A gamers game and something new and original.

I think you should take everyone's top list and give each game a rank of how many people mention each then separate the list into a real top 10. Gbatemp does this type of thing and it makes a pretty good list to choose from for new owners of a system.

Does anyone know where I can get the PDF downloads of the Okami Wii cover art that was being offered by capcom for the IGN watermark mistake?

Didn't really want to start a new thread about something so old and just bumped this instead.

No particular order:
1. L.A. Machineguns/Gunblade N.Y.
2. Ghost Squad
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. Ultimate Shooting Collection
5. Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. Super Mario Galaxy
7. Punch Out Wii
8. Wii Sports
9. Muramasa
10. Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Honorable mentions that I don't own or already implied to be really good games:
No particular order:
1. Super Paper Mario
2. Xenoblade
3. Another Code R
4. Animal Crossing Wii
5. House of the Dead 1 and 2 Returns
6. Sonic Colors Wii
7. Resident Evil Archives
8. Resident Evil Zero Archives
9. Wii Sports Resort
10. Metroid the Other M
11. House of the Dead Overkill
12. Goldeneye Wii
13. Metroid Prime Trilogy
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2
15. Okami Wii
16. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
17. Super Mario Strikers Charged
18. Super Mario Baseball
19. Nights Wii
20. Flingsmash
21. Wii Play Motion Plus
22. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
23. Donkey Kong Country Returns
24. Link's Crossbow Training
25. Zelda Skyward Sword

Dawn of Discovery is very good if you like that type of game.

My kids love the new Kirby Dreamland game also. Looks pretty good but I haven't played it yet.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Okami
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn
6. Excite Truck (ExciteBots is gimmicky, plus "Truck" has custom soundtracks)
7. New Super Mario Bros.
8. Boom Blox
9. Epic Mickey
10. Wii Sports Resort

Honorable Mention: Pikmin

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Does anyone know where I can get the PDF downloads of the Okami Wii cover art that was being offered by capcom for the IGN watermark mistake?
[/QUOTE]

Is this what you're searching for?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Does anyone know where I can get the PDF downloads of the Okami Wii cover art that was being offered by capcom for the IGN watermark mistake?[/QUOTE]

Right here.

Here's my top 10:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Twilight Princess
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Endless Ocean
Super Paper Mario

Fragile Dreams
Sakura Wars
Okami
No More Heroes 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
Muramasa
Fire Emblem
Mario Kart
Smash Bros.

[quote name='soonersfan60']come on... you have to pick at least 1 or 2 3rd party games...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't recommend any of the exclusive 3rd party games that I've played though (unless you count de Blob, but someone said that was on the DS too.)

These are the games that have kept my attention the most, off the top of my head

Mario Kart
Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda
Punch Out
Wario Land
Bit Trip Complete
Okami

I also liked the force unleashed 1, but that I may have finished just because it was short.

I havent gotten around to
epic yarn
elebits (neat, kind of katamari style)
sonic colors (rul fun tho)
de blob
zack & wiki (got too hard too fast)

i might be the only one, but i really hated muramasa. I wanted to like metroid prime 3 but the boss fights went on too long and the save points were not obvious. Other M was ok, but it should've been a nunchuk game and it was very linear.

[quote name='Corvin']Right here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's where I was after. Just recently heard about the offers.

[quote name='thirdrose']Is this what you're searching for?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I can't believe I didn't look there. It has been awhile since I've been to that website. Thanks to both of you.

A lot of people missed out on playing Little King's Story. Probably in my top 3 favorite Wii games and one of the reasons why I repaired my Wii so late so I could finish it up. I think the T rating and the cute art style contributed to this game being overlooked by people of all age groups (T rating probably for the crude humor. “Princess Spumoni is so kind; she let me go to town on that big mound of hers... If I tried to eat anymore of that ice cream, I would’ve exploded!”).

Much better than Pikmin, more content since it's more of an RPG with open mission structure. It has some pretty unexpected eclectic boss battles and can take from anywhere from 25 to 40 hours to finish. Worth it's price which is probably around $20 on Amazon.

This game is like if Pikmin, Mario RPG, Animal Crossing had a baby (it was made by Mario RPG, Harvest Moon and Dragon Quest team members).

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Super Paper Mario
Monster Hunter Tri
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

bread's done