Newegg: PS3/360 Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - $19.99

think amazon will PM this? ive been waiting for this to hit 20 bucks to pick it up. I wanted to do system link with it with some friends. Newegg has sales tax for me =(

by the way; is the ps3 or 360 version better for this? I seem to recall hearing the 360 version performed better but cant find the head 2 head now

[quote name='Kenshindono']think amazon will PM this? ive been waiting for this to hit 20 bucks to pick it up. I wanted to do system link with it with some friends. Newegg has sales tax for me =(

by the way; is the ps3 or 360 version better for this? I seem to recall hearing the 360 version performed better but cant find the head 2 head now[/QUOTE]

I think the 360 version may have slightly better performance/graphics but the PS3 version has superior controls if you have PS move. I have the PS3 version and it's one of my favorite games to use with the Move.

Not sure if this helps, might be outdated?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-resident-evil-5/

[quote name='PimpLimp']Can anybody give me an opinion of how well this works w/ Move+Sharpshooter?[/QUOTE]

Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.

hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?[/QUOTE]

RE5 originally didn't have move support, but the Gold Edition added it. For me, move support > whatever performance advantages the 360 version has. I didn't notice any graphical issues or slowdown with my game but then again I didn't have a 360 copy to compare it to.

reading the comparison at eurogamer and a few others it seems the 360 version runs and looks a bit better. Considering i find the move a gimicky waste of time i think i'll go with the 360 version. Thanks for the info though.

The only question now is do i get it now or wait for amazon to PM. Everyone submit the prce! maybe i'll get one from newegg and one from amazon later if they PM

[quote name='lukewin']Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.[/QUOTE]Thanks, how does Move vs. DS3 fair then? Not a big fan of standard RE controls. RE4 on the Wii was the last time I had fun playing RE.

[quote name='coolz481']Aww hell, I just got this for $23 and change from Amazon 2 days ago to go with my new Move set.[/QUOTE]

ya itll be about that for me after tax =P hence why i want Amazon to PM

[quote name='PimpLimp']Thanks, how does Move vs. DS3 fair then? Not a big fan of standard RE controls. RE4 on the Wii was the last time I had fun playing RE.[/QUOTE]

I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well.. If you liked the Wii controls for RE4, chances are you'll probably enjoy the Move controls for RE5. They're pretty much the same except the aim cursor only appears on screen when you're aiming in RE5, so it resets every time you aim. I don't think there are camera controls for the Move like the Wii had for RE4, but I didn't use the d-pad enough to care. Was in a weird position for the Wii anyway. Also, if you use the dualshock controller you can sidestep, but with the Move controller you can't.

The most significant difference for Move vs. DualShock is the sidestepping I think. So either you get much more accurate/easier aiming or sidestepping lol.

The 360 version has the extra content on a token for the DLC. Whereas the PS3 version has all the extra content on one Blu-ray disc. So it's a toss up really. I want the PS3 version just because of the extra content on one disc. But I don't have a PS3 yet so...yea!

Dangit I just bought this for 23 something from amazon two days ago. WTF. I wish amazon would price adjust /pricematch. Damn oh well, its better than what i paid for it when i bought it from Best Buy for 39.99 plus tax then returned it bought a kindle card and boom bought two games for the almost price of one. :) just waiting for spiderman SD to drop to about 20 and killzone 3 to maybe 25 and im good.

[quote name='sunghost']I said this in another thread, but it applies here as well.. If you liked the Wii controls for RE4, chances are you'll probably enjoy the Move controls for RE5. They're pretty much the same except the aim cursor only appears on screen when you're aiming in RE5, so it resets every time you aim. I don't think there are camera controls for the Move like the Wii had for RE4, but I didn't use the d-pad enough to care. Was in a weird position for the Wii anyway. Also, if you use the dualshock controller you can sidestep, but with the Move controller you can't.

The most significant difference for Move vs. DualShock is the sidestepping I think. So either you get much more accurate/easier aiming or sidestepping lol.[/QUOTE]I appreciate the thorough answer. And I'm convinced, definitely in for one.

[quote name='bruistopher']The 360 version has the extra content on a token for the DLC. Whereas the PS3 version has all the extra content on one Blu-ray disc. So it's a toss up really. I want the PS3 version just because of the extra content on one disc. But I don't have a PS3 yet so...yea![/QUOTE]

whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up. DLC would be espeically weak here since i was planning on installing it on my main system and the backup one i have in the bedroom for system link play. That wont work if its a stupid code, unless i want to waste it on a made up Xbox live account >_

[quote name='Kenshindono']whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I remember RE5 Gold Edition for 360 comes with the original/regular RE5 disc with a DLC token. The PS3 comes with all of the DLC on the disc. There's a required install of about 5.8 GB for the PS3.

[quote name='Kenshindono']whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up. DLC would be espeically weak here since i was planning on installing it on my main system and the backup one i have in the bedroom for system link play. That wont work if its a stupid code, unless i want to waste it on a made up Xbox live account >_

[quote name='Kenshindono']whoa, whoa. You sure about that? i HATE DLC bonus content. If I buy something with bonus stuff it should be included on the damn disc..it being just DLC may make me want the ps3 version instead. Blea maybe i'll wait until the morning to decide and hope its still up. DLC would be espeically weak here since i was planning on installing it on my main system and the backup one i have in the bedroom for system link play. That wont work if its a stupid code, unless i want to waste it on a made up Xbox live account >_

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, from what I remember RE5 Gold Edition for 360 comes with the original/regular RE5 disc with a DLC token. The PS3 comes with all of the DLC on the disc. There's a required install of about 5.8 GB for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

hmm so does that mean that my plan to get 2 copies and set it up on the 2 xbox's wouldn't work with the 360 version? I dont think the DLC on the 2nd console would work without me just wasting the 2nd on a nonsense gamertag would it?

crap i really didn't want to have to get the ps3 version. blea its way late i need to crash and get some sleep. I"ll have to figure it out later today and just hope its still on sale. Anyone know how the DLC code thing would work with what i want to do with it?

[quote name='Kenshindono']whoa, whoa. You sure about that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have both the PS3 and 360 Gold ports, and I can confirm that only the PS3 port includes all of the extra content on the disc. The 360 port DLC remains download-only.

If you READ the product description on NEWEGG under the overview tab, in features it gives you the breakdown for the dlc for each console. So even if you don't trust your fellow cags...I have never had Newegg lie to me.

Re5 wasn't my favorite game ever but seeing this deal makes me kind of upset that we haven't gotten an RE6 by now. Capcom probably can't figure out how to spam our wallets like they can with the fighting games.

Great deal for whoever doesn't own the Gold edition yet. As everyone else has been saying, the ONLY reason you should even consider the Xbox version (which I bought because I didn't have a PS3 at the time) over the PS3 version is if you have 360-only friends who have the DLC.

Another downside to the 360 version is that you CANNOT PLAY THE DLC if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Just something to be aware of.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Another downside to the 360 version is that you CANNOT PLAY THE DLC if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Just something to be aware of.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I'm going to order the PS3 version then. I'm going to order a Move Navigator controller as well and grab the Sports Champion bundle from Kmart.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Great deal for whoever doesn't own the Gold edition yet. As everyone else has been saying, the ONLY reason you should even consider the Xbox version (which I bought because I didn't have a PS3 at the time) over the PS3 version is if you have 360-only friends who have the DLC.

Another downside to the 360 version is that you CANNOT PLAY THE DLC if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Just something to be aware of.[/QUOTE]

I don't have my 360 connected to the internet at all times because it doesn't have wifi, ps3 purchase confirmed for: dlc on the disc, move support, 360 online requirement shenanigans. I do prefer how the game looks on 360 though, i own the regular version on 360 and was considering just downloading the dlc pack but i was curious to try it out with move.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']I don't have my 360 connected to the internet at all times because it doesn't have wifi, ps3 purchase confirmed for: dlc on the disc, move support, 360 online requirement shenanigans. I do prefer how the game looks on 360 though, i own the regular version on 360 and was considering just downloading the dlc pack but i was curious to try it out with move.[/QUOTE]

I now regret my purchase for the ps3 version, apparently the two dlc missions are locked until you complete the main RE 5 campaign. That is beyond stupid.

Darn, I bought the vanilla RE5 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $11.99 last week (paid using credit) and I'm not sure if this would be worth the additional $8. I most likely would only play the single-player extra content (multiplayer's not my kind of thing, especially not for RE), so are the add-ons truly worth it?

[quote name='Vigilante']Darn, I bought the vanilla RE5 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $11.99 last week (paid using credit) and I'm not sure if this would be worth the additional $8. I most likely would only play the single-player extra content (multiplayer's not my kind of thing, especially not for RE), so are the add-ons truly worth it?[/QUOTE]

The Lost in Nightmares single-player part is really cool, but I'v heard its also rather short. I think its runtime was...~50 minutes?

[quote name='plutoknight']The Lost in Nightmares single-player part is really cool, but I'v heard its also rather short. I think its runtime was...~50 minutes?[/QUOTE]Hmm, that's not good. Does anyone know how much the single-player DLC costs on PSN? I don't have access to it right now.

Thanks, OP. I'm in for the PS3 version as well. I have no idea why anyone would want to play RE4 or RE5 without the pointer controls of the Wii/Move. The fact that Capcom left Move support out of the RE4 HD release cost them a sale.

[quote name='d8onausa']Thanks, OP. I'm in for the PS3 version as well. I have no idea why anyone would want to play RE4 or RE5 without the pointer controls of the Wii/Move. The fact that Capcom left Move support out of the RE4 HD release cost them a sale.[/QUOTE]

They'll have a Gold version with move controls down the road. You can count on that.
money money money

I was waiting for this to drop to about this price point, but I ended up just buying it for a little more instead on eBay.

What is up with retailers still using the old picture, instead of the one that has the Move Compatibility shown on it? That was one of my reasons for just buying it off eBay, I wanted to be sure it was that version. I know if you get the older one you can just download the Move support, but I figured more stuff on the actual disc, the better.

Now, watch someone reply and tell me only the cover changed and not the contents of the disc. Then I'm gonna feel dumb for not waiting lol.

[quote name='barrit']I was waiting for this to drop to about this price point, but I ended up just buying it for a little more instead on eBay.

What is up with retailers still using the old picture, instead of the one that has the Move Compatibility shown on it? That was one of my reasons for just buying it off eBay, I wanted to be sure it was that version. I know if you get the older one you can just download the Move support, but I figured more stuff on the actual disc, the better.

Now, watch someone reply and tell me only the cover changed and not the contents of the disc. Then I'm gonna feel dumb for not waiting lol.[/QUOTE]
Wrong, you cannot download move support! You Have to have the gold version for move. This is capcom, you know they make you buy a whole new game, they don't do updates.

Awesome for all the new move owners to get to try this.

[quote name='shadowkast']Wrong, you cannot download move support! You Have to have the gold version for move. This is capcom, you know they make you buy a whole new game, they don't do updates.

Awesome for all the new move owners to get to try this.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have clarified. There are 2 Gold versions that have different covers. One doesn't have the Move support on the cover, while the other one does.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...dition_ps3.jpg/250px-RE5_Gold_Edition_ps3.jpg

http://www.donnystore.com/images/ps3/re5-gold-move-ps3-us.jpg

I meant if you have the one without the Move on the cover, you can just download it. Probably as one of those update popups you get when you start to play a game.

I got the original version on clearance at Target long ago for $16. I played the first 2 levels and haven't touched it since. I just do not care for it without the pointer controls like RE4 on the Wii.

This is really tempting since I have the Move setup, but with a ton of credit at gamestop and some at amazon I will likely wait for the price to get to this point at one of them. Otherwise I will feel like I paid too much between the versions to play the game.

Thanks OP. I have most of this content already on 360, but I bought for PS3 so I have everything on disc. Much appreciated.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']I now regret my purchase for the ps3 version, apparently the two dlc missions are locked until you complete the main RE 5 campaign. That is beyond stupid.[/QUOTE]

Is that really true? On Xbox, the two additional campaign missions are stand-alone. So you have to have a completed save on PS3?

[quote name='whitereflection']Is that really true? On Xbox, the two additional campaign missions are stand-alone. So you have to have a completed save on PS3?[/QUOTE]

ign ps3 re 5 gold review explicitly said that the 360 version lets you play it upon download but the ps3 version requires you to play through re 5 and treats it as an unlockable feature like the rest of the after game unlocks. I looked it up online to see what people were saying and it's more of the same, except if you played RE 5 on ps3 before and kept your save it might work. Unlucky me played it on 360 and wanted to switch to ps3 for move/dlc on disc but i didn't want to play the whole game again BEFORE i could play Lost in Nightmares/have new costumes.

[quote name='chunlirocks']any1 know if any of the new costumes have Sheva in a thong ?

I just got a new tv[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha!

bread's done
Back