Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone actually figured out a way to buy the tickets online?
I've checked out the website for the theater, but it doesn't appear there's an actual place to buy a ticket, outside of perhaps having to actually go to the theater.

[quote name='etcrane']Has anyone actually figured out a way to buy the tickets online?
I've checked out the website for the theater, but it doesn't appear there's an actual place to buy a ticket, outside of perhaps having to actually go to the theater.[/QUOTE]

Just click through on one of the links above, select the date you want and it'll take you to a Fandango page. Here's the general UC3 Fandango page, I'll add it to the OP: http://www.fandango.com/uncharted3:drake%E2%80%99sdeception_148597/movieoverview?date=10/18/2011

Speaking of, I wonder if I bought one of those discounted promotional Fandango credits from ebay if I could apply it to this and thus get the event (and the game) for cheaper

I still can't find a way to actually buy tickets from your Fandango link. I called AMC Century City and they said they won't have finalized showtimes until Monday, and you should be able to buy tickets then.

So $85 to play the retail game like 3 days before release. No thanks. Shipped does not mean delivered so if it ships the 25th it probably wouldn't arrive till the 28th But I would pay the $25 for the movie experience at Union Square because I already have the game paid off in full at Gamestop.

[quote name='boogie4114']So $85 to play the retail game like 3 days before release. No thanks. Shipped does not mean delivered so if it ships the 25th it probably wouldn't arrive till the 28th But I would pay the $25 for the movie experience at Union Square because I already have the game paid off in full at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
It's not $85. You can either pay $25 to just go to the event or you can pay $60 to go to the event and get the game.

[quote name='hxcmusic']I still can't find a way to actually buy tickets from your Fandango link. I called AMC Century City and they said they won't have finalized showtimes until Monday, and you should be able to buy tickets then.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I only tried the NYC link which definitely works. Century City doesn't have showtimes for anything for Oct 18th-20

[quote name='boogie4114']So $85 to play the retail game like 3 days before release. No thanks. Shipped does not mean delivered so if it ships the 25th it probably wouldn't arrive till the 28th But I would pay the $25 for the movie experience at Union Square because I already have the game paid off in full at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It's $60 TOTAL to get the game AND participate in the event. Obviously shipped doesn't mean delivered, but odds are you are going to get it before the official release date through Fed Ex. Even by your estimates you would get it 3 days before the general public. And Besides that, if you planned to buy the game anyway, this is essentially like getting to go to a special event for free. And you know there's going to be a lot to do there, and swag given out.

I honestly don't see how anyone would consider this a bad offer. If you're getting the game cheaper through newegg, or with amazon/GS credit that's totally fine, but if you're paying full price and you're in the area it's a no-brainer, Plus as I said, I think if you bought a promo code on ebay you could get it for even less. Like someone right now is selling a $40 Fandango GC for $30. That's a $10 saving right there

edit; Love the 1 star rating btw whoever

I wish there was one near me. For $60 this is an awesome thing to do. Get the game for MSRP and get a few hours of a unique experience, plus get the game a few days early.

I see this as actually a better deal than buying it in stores, if you can go ...

1. If the $60 isn't taxed (it probably is but who knows) then you get it for less than buying retail on release day. Plus, you get it early, so you could always sell it early locally if you really wanted to make the money back.

2. The event should be solid, I attended the event for Uncharted 2 in SF and the prizes for the tournament were very solid and they also had raffle prizes as well. So you might go away with something like a PS3 or a couple games, all for the cost of the game if you bought it on release.

[quote name='etcrane']I see this as actually a better deal than buying it in stores, if you can go ...

1. If the $60 isn't taxed (it probably is but who knows) then you get it for less than buying retail on release day. Plus, you get it early, so you could always sell it early locally if you really wanted to make the money back.

2. The event should be solid, I attended the event for Uncharted 2 in SF and the prizes for the tournament were very solid and they also had raffle prizes as well. So you might go away with something like a PS3 or a couple games, all for the cost of the game if you bought it on release.[/QUOTE]

Nope no taxes, but there is a $1.50 convenience charge if you buy it through Fandango. You can likely buy the tickets at the select theaters and just pay the $60 though.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the UC2 event, I too heard it was awesome. I imagine just being able to play the game in 3D on the big screen would be worth it.

I bumped up the stars, I never been to such events, this is exciting! $61.50 for game and swag, why not?!
oh I believe there's a thread about UC2 promotional event about not getting the free food?

:applause: Just bought a ticket to the AMC in San Francisco. Its only 60 dollars and called "bundle". They also offer it all 3 days at 5pm, im going on Wednesday. So excited hope to see some fellow cags there.

It sounds like you actually have to attend the event to get your copy a week early. I'd totally cancel my pre-order and get a $60 ticket if I thought they'd just ship it to me early.

the event is just propaganda, u never win the raffle, the keychain prizes are worthless junk. the real big deal here is u pay 60 to get the following==

1.get the game U3
2.gain admission into the theater, thereby you can watch 3-4 movie releases that day. each film costs like $11 to watch. profit

u basically get the game and 3-4 films being shown that day in the theater. THATS why its a good deal.

think like a C A G, not a _ _ _ .

[quote name='zanbeak']the event is just propaganda, u never win the raffle, the keychain prizes are worthless junk. the real big deal here is u pay 60 to get the following==

1.get the game U3
2.gain admission into the theater, thereby you can watch 3-4 movie releases that day. each film costs like $11 to watch. profit

u basically get the game and 3-4 films being shown that day in the theater. THATS why its a good deal.

think like a C A G, not a _ _ _ .[/QUOTE]

So basically the 3 games (Little Big Planet, GT3 and Infamous) that my gf won and gave me didn't exist and the guy who won a PS3 was a plant and the people who won the tournament and got a Fortune Hunters edition were totally bogus too.

Yeah man, it's all just a crazy waste of time and money to go for the actual event ... ..

[quote name='kumagoror']:applause: Just bought a ticket to the AMC in San Francisco. Its only 60 dollars and called "bundle". They also offer it all 3 days at 5pm, im going on Wednesday. So excited hope to see some fellow cags there.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy it online or at the actual theater?

I'd just rather save gas coming up from SJ once rather than twice.

Ugh can't decide between $25 admission or the $60 admission. I've already preordered the Collector's Edition. =[

Does anyone know what kind of swags are likely to be given out at these promotional events?

:lol: I'm waiting for the posts after this event takes place complaining about how they 'promised free food and OMG they didn't give us anything'. As if you go to an event like this to hover over the hors d'oeuvre trays and ya know...not to actually PLAY THE GAME.:roll:

Too bad the closest one to me is NYC and I'm about a 2 hour drive from there. If it were closer I'd probably go in a second.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Ugh can't decide between $25 admission or the $60 admission. I've already preordered the Collector's Edition. =[

Does anyone know what kind of swags are likely to be given out at these promotional events?[/QUOTE]

Probably not anything worth $25 unless you win something. Last time attendees got a bag and a poster ... and a copy of Uncharted 2 .. but that was a last minute thing that wasn't really supposed to happen. I guarantee they won't do that this time ... so I would just go with the $60 ticket personally. I just did ... if you're going to go, you might as well put that $25 towards something more than the event itself right?

[quote name='ajumbaje']bought a ticket to the dc one. Prolly can have some meetups for other cagers[/QUOTE]If you go the 18th, you can meet-up with me, abhinav, GenDV138, and I. That's when we are all going.

Yes, I am meeting up at the 18th at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA (near DC).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If you go the 18th, you can meet-up with me, abhinav, GenDV138, and I. That's when we are all going.

Yes, I am meeting up at the 18th at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA (near DC).[/QUOTE]
Im going the 19th :(

[quote name='ShadowRayden']I'm in. Here's to meeting fellow CAG's in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. See you there if you're going on the Thursday.

for those that went to the previous events, what did you guys do exactly?

my problem is that getting to the LA (century city) one during traffic hours is gonna be bad. I dont mind missing out the tournament and hand ons if I could go later. I just want to register to get my game and hopefully some goodies.

My ideal scenario is go in and get some free food, register for the free game, win some goodies, then hop to a diff screen to catch a movie.

Well, there wasn't any free food ... but they had about 10 consoles with TVs set up at the front of the theater and then an image on the big screen that would go back and forth between segments they were highlighting with developer commentary and then switch over to various players during the tournament portion. The teams were random and were competing in waves, they had a few raffles throughout the evening and that was pretty much it. It was cool and all, but i'm not sure it would be worth $25 without getting the game.

I mean, here's the thing ... most of us will pay $65 for the game at launch anyway ... so with this, you get it early and have a good time, might win something, etc. If Gears of War 3 is any indicator, we aren't going to see huge sales during the release week or weeks after ... maybe a $20 gc if you have a kmart but mostly $10 or $5 in savings on heavy hitters this year. So I would say that the $60 ticket is reasonable and the event should be fun ... way better than any sort of midnight launch event you might attend otherwise for the same price.

[quote name='etcrane']Well, there wasn't any free food ... but they had about 10 consoles with TVs set up at the front of the theater and then an image on the big screen that would go back and forth between segments they were highlighting with developer commentary and then switch over to various players during the tournament portion. The teams were random and were competing in waves, they had a few raffles throughout the evening and that was pretty much it. It was cool and all, but i'm not sure it would be worth $25 without getting the game.

I mean, here's the thing ... most of us will pay $65 for the game at launch anyway ... so with this, you get it early and have a good time, might win something, etc. If Gears of War 3 is any indicator, we aren't going to see huge sales during the release week or weeks after ... maybe a $20 gc if you have a kmart but mostly $10 or $5 in savings on heavy hitters this year. So I would say that the $60 ticket is reasonable and the event should be fun ... way better than any sort of midnight launch event you might attend otherwise for the same price.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, I just really wish it was the collector's edition or an option for it. I don't need or want 2 copies of the same game.

It would be cool if they offered the general admission people the ability to buy the game for $35 at the event. That'd be perfect for anyone who just wanted to go to the event for prizes and such and check out the game, but wasn't completely sold on it till they played it there. It would also be nice to have a CE offer for the premium pass people.

Anyway, I'm sure this year's event will be bigger and better than last year's, though I still wouldn't expect free food to be included or anything

PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
better not be fails

I'm going to NYC Lincoln Square one on the 19th

and I have AMC STUBS so this earns me back 10%!!! and no fandango fee

$60-14.50 coupon code that I got from Sprint = $45.50 - $6 back in rewards = $39.50 :)

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I totally agree, I just really wish it was the collector's edition or an option for it. I don't need or want 2 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing ... since there isn't a "Fortune Hunters Edition" this year, I'm willing to bet the prize for the winning team is the CE for each member. Plus they may throw a couple out as raffle prizes. On top of that, you can usually sell a game you get early (hard to say how early if they're shipping on the 25th) for more than retail because impatient people pay ridiculous prices .. so just some factors to consider.

Was the Uncharted 2 event free last time? Read some article saying it was a free twitter pass thing. If it was does that mean the swag will be worth more this time around since there is a fee?

[quote name='ssjmichael']It would be cool if they offered the general admission people the ability to buy the game for $35 at the event. That'd be perfect for anyone who just wanted to go to the event for prizes and such and check out the game, but wasn't completely sold on it till they played it there. It would also be nice to have a CE offer for the premium pass people.

Anyway, I'm sure this year's event will be bigger and better than last year's, though I still wouldn't expect free food to be included or anything[/QUOTE]

After reading what you wrote, I've gotta say ... it seems foolish not to pay the $60, since it's true you really are only paying $35 for the game if you're already going to the event ... which is an amazing deal (not that the event is really worth $25 alone imo ... but still)

[quote name='SamuraiINC']Was the Uncharted 2 event free last time? Read some article saying it was a free twitter pass thing. If it was does that mean the swag will be worth more this time around since there is a fee?[/QUOTE]

No, I believe it was something like $18-20 per ticket if I recall correctly.

- Edit - Just checked my records, it was $15 per person last time (granted I ended up getting 2 copies of the game free and winning 3 ps3 games too ... but that was a once in a lifetime thing I think)

[quote name='etcrane']Here's the thing ... since there isn't a "Fortune Hunters Edition" this year, I'm willing to bet the prize for the winning team is the CE for each member. Plus they may throw a couple out as raffle prizes. On top of that, you can usually sell a game you get early (hard to say how early if they're shipping on the 25th) for more than retail because impatient people pay ridiculous prices .. so just some factors to consider.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's true about selling a game early. I find people pay ridiculous prices for any kind of swag from these things. The Uncharted 3 poster that was given out at Comic Con for instance has sold for $60-100 on ebay (depending if it's signed, and such).

It's promotions like these that make me hate living in a small town absolutely no where near any of these locations.

Just a heads up, some of you may already know, but Subway is having a promo for Uncharted 3 starting in late September. Here are the details from NEOGAF, this might help you prep if you're serious about winning in the tournament (PS. it won't matter because teams are random and I guarantee you there will be 1 or 2 people on your team who have never played Uncharted or possibly even held a PS3 controller ;-) ) ---

"Alright, this comes from a user by AKyemeni on the Naughty Dog forums who e-mailed Subway regarding the Uncharted 3 multiplayer promotion. Naughty Dog have NOT confirmed this, nor is it on Subways site. I believe that this e-mail looks legitimate however, and I don't think the user would make it up.

So, as you may or may not know, during this past E3, Naughty Dog announced a promotion with Subway restaurants. If you buy a drink, you would get the FULL, I repeat, FULL competitive multiplayer. No 2 maps bullshit, or can only reach a certain level. It would be like you have the retail disc. (competive MP would be the only thing available, so no co-op? Not sure)

ALL STATS CARRY OVER TO RETAIL DISK

Anyways, here is the info I put in another thread.

Subway Promotion Info:

As you all know, U3 FULL multiplayer is going to be released a month prior to the release of the full game. So far the details have been scarce. Someone e-mailed Subway and got the details straight from the horses mouth. The e-mail is a little confusing. I'll simplify it.

-The multiplayer officially starts on September 29th at 12:00pm EST.
-The free multiplayer ends on November 13th at 12:00am EST.
-If you buy a drink, you will get the MP code. You have to redeem this code before November 1st to get the MP.
-If you buy a sandwich or some chips, you can get either a

Uncharted 3 Dynamic Theme
Fortune Hunter Bounty
Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
Multiplayer Weapon Skin
Virtual Costumes for PlayStation® Home

Below I will put the full e-mail. Thanks to AKyemeni from the ND forums."

I would potentially suffer the 3-4 hour drive to Dallas if I could find a couple other people around here to go with me. I loved the Uncharted 3 Beta and I was fucking raping people by the end of it. Getting the game early is the biggest draw for me.

When is Subway going to start running the promotion? The day the multiplayer starts? Either way I'll be hitting them up next week.

I bought my ticket to the Dallas one on the 20th earlier today. Should be fun.

I debated getting a ticket for my girlfriend so I could get an extra copy to sell early or have better chances at prizes or something, but she likes that mall the theater is in, so I'll ditch her while she shops.

Oh, and I'm an AMC stubs member so I saved the buck convenience charge. That $12 a year for that is paying off in so many ways...

[quote name='FadeToOne']I bought my ticket to the Dallas one on the 20th earlier today. Should be fun.

I debated getting a ticket for my girlfriend so I could get an extra copy to sell early or have better chances at prizes or something, but she likes that mall the theater is in, so I'll ditch her while she shops.

Oh, and I'm an AMC stubs member so I saved the buck convenience charge. That $12 a year for that is paying off in so many ways...[/QUOTE]

and that 10% back in rewards, this does count towards it, I already checked my stubs account :)

this just earned me my 3rd $10 reward in 3 months

bread's done
Back