Dungeon Siege III $30/$20, Deus Ex $40, Dead Island $46 & More - Amazon DotW

As of this morning, the patch isn't out, but it's currently in review with Sony. There is a workaround for the time being where you set your game to coop over LAN to play single player.

By the time it ships, the patch should hopefully be live.

[quote name='Cysquatch']I heard the ps3 version had a game save glitch, has that been fixed?[/QUOTE]

PS3 version has HORRIBLE screen tearing. Some of the worst ive ever seen, its unbelivable really. The save glitch is both versions as far as i know.

Honestly im waiting for this game to hit

[quote name='Kenshindono']PS3 version has HORRIBLE screen tearing. Some of the worst ive ever seen, its unbelivable really. The save glitch is both versions as far as i know.

From all the problems this game has that I've heard it's gonna take a drop to $10-$15 for me to try this. I'm so glad I didn't buy this when it first released.

Not sure if you guys even know but this game is hardly worth 4.99 let alone 44.99. Have you guys actually played it? It feels like a pre-alpha build. Tons of glitches and bugs. Extremely easy. Characters suck. Oh yeah and you are constantly repairing weapons by putting them on a table and paying the table money. Yes that's right, you give money to an inanimate object to magically repair your items. Brilliant.

I really want this game but I'll wait until the glitch is 100% fixed, its too risky losing all your save files!
looks like it will drop quickly too.

As someone who has clocked around 40 hours on it, it's pretty great aside from the sewer levels and fear of the save glitch online.

I honestly haven't noticed the screen tearing on the ps3 version but I'm no "visual"-phile. The game is kinda buggy though. Weapons vanishing after being thrown, npc's being glitched sometimes, and the save glitch. Weapon degradation is only fast at the start, since as you level you can use a skill point to increase weapon stamina and just leveling gets you more slots to equip weapons. You can also use skill points to increase how many you carry.

It's a great game but it's lack of "polish" can turn some people off.

i played the game on the pc and one thing im sure is that this game will drop very quickly, if you guys give it a few more weeks or even a month you'll start to see this go down, the overall quality of this game isn't even that good and coop is only mindless fun if you play with friends, other than that you'll probably try hard to like this game and you'll find urself more disappointed than actually having fun, the trailer is incredibly misleading since the majority of the story is just fetch quest, and the characters are just bland and character animation is just ugly even on the main characters, the actual combat with the zombies can be fun later in the game since you'll get overwhelmed if you're alone but since the game focuses a lot on melee, you'll pretty much be doing the same action over and over again and then you realize that constantly fixing the camera to get the ideal headshot with a pipe is tiresome. All the review that gave this game an average rating is dead on, it's a very unpolished and ugly game. This is not a triple A title like CoD, Gears of War, or Saints Row, this game has a very narrow scope and will only be enjoyed by people who REALLY like to kill zombies. Although I haven't finished the game yet, from what I can tell the core gameplay is lacking, the zombie atmosphere is pretty good aside from the fact that most of them look the same and spawn in the same place, but if you make progress than you won't care about that too much since a zombie is just a meat bag waiting to be smashed open and the map is big enough so you'll probably not see every place twice except for the main road, but without solid gameplay mechanics it just makes this game a very hollow experience.

So to sum up everything, if you are a hardcore zombie fanatic then this game might be worth it, but if you're looking for something enjoyable then unless you have played all the other fun games available I can't see you buying this without feeling a little disappointed

i can wait. kenshindono what do you think is this generation's survival horror? deadspace?
just curious as resident evil surely isn't.

Shit can't edit on mobile...

Aldo don't go in expecting an epic story it does bare minimum in that department. Game isnt easy if you consider dying a "failure" . Though it still kinda suck since dying only makes you lose 10% of your cash. Which is terrible at the start but it doesnt matter by late to midgame.

Character are giant stereo types in each field. I've only run into 1 npc glitch so far where the guy would flash in and out of the map so I had to have my coop buddy talk to him. and ya you give money to a table but WTF its a zombie game it's not going for realism.

This game is absolutely awful but fun as hell. Make no mistake, it's a crappy game full of bugs and lousy design decisions but that combat man. it's hugely fun. I've put more hours than I care to admit in it.

With credit I could get it for $15. I'm going to pass anyway, got way to many games of my plate. If this was June or something I would have bitten.

I won bite this time, this game is a left 4 dead & dead rising wannabe. It has a lot of bugs, i dont think its even worth 29.99. I will probably get it when it gets

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing my brothers copy of Dead Island and I like it a lot. I'd recommend it to anyone that's interested

[quote name='Blinkerizo']has anyone played dungeon siege? is it worth it at 30?[/QUOTE]

I played the demo that I downloaded off Live. I really liked it but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. It would probably appeal to older gamers who were into Diablo and older RPG's. I REALLY want to buy it but I'm going to wait for it to be $20 or less. I predict it will be there very soon.

[quote name='biodole']Not sure if you guys even know but this game is hardly worth 4.99 let alone 44.99. Have you guys actually played it? It feels like a pre-alpha build. Tons of glitches and bugs. Extremely easy. Characters suck. Oh yeah and you are constantly repairing weapons by putting them on a table and paying the table money. Yes that's right, you give money to an inanimate object to magically repair your items. Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

ya, lol i found that funny. I watched a lets play and the guys were joking wondering why they cant just rub money on their weapons to fix them in field... how come they needed the workbench to do that =P

Like i said, this isn't even remotely what i expected gameplay wise. Nevermind all the massive bugs on top of that. I actually just found the lens of truth comparison after reading this thread and they have a hilarious line in it:
"On the performance side of things, both versions fared quite poorly. Still when you are dealing with two bowls of crap where the only difference is the stench, there is usually one that smells worse"

heh.

As to people who say they cant see any PS3 screen tearing.. i gotta ask: Are you kidding? Just lookit this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm5HimIgyTI

even with its low video quality you simply cant miss it. It tops 20% at some times, and is pretty much constant the whole way throughout

[quote name='Velo214']i can wait. kenshindono what do you think is this generation's survival horror? deadspace?
just curious as resident evil surely isn't.[/QUOTE]

This generation doesn't have any survival horror. To me survival horror means a game that is actually kinda frightening and has serious SURVIVAL elements. I.e. a constant sense of dread and worrying about what the hells around the next corner to rip your face off. Ammo and resource conservation and the like. Thats what i thought this game was gonna be like. Something like The Walking Dead the video game. Instead we get Oblivion the videogame with absurdly fast cartoonish weapon degredation, rubbing money on yoru weapons to repair them, and no real death penalty or sense of dread.. yay. Nope, cant think of any games this generation that are real survival horror games.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']I won bite this time, this game is a left 4 dead & dead rising wannabe. It has a lot of bugs, i dont think its even worth 29.99. I will probably get it when it gets

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I played the demo that I downloaded off Live. I really liked it but it seems I'm in the minority on this one. It would probably appeal to older gamers who were into Diablo and older RPG's. I REALLY want to buy it but I'm going to wait for it to be $20 or less. I predict it will be there very soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same, and could even see this being $14.99 or less by Black Friday. You have to look at supply and demand, and with COD MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. coming out, the retailers will be looking to clear their inventories of these titles. It's for this very reason I think Dead Island will be $29.99 or less soon, and maybe $19.99 during Amazon's Black Friday Deals.

[quote name='Calinks']With credit I could get it for $15. I'm going to pass anyway, got way to many games of my plate. If this was June or something I would have bitten.[/QUOTE]

My dad always taught me to consider gift cards/store credit as you would money. Even if you came about that credit for free it's still money. It's not a discount code or a coupon so don't treat it like it is one. It's obviously up to you what you do with your own money but your post made me remember that.

As for the argument of Dead Island. Although the game is buggy as shit and not worth the price it is now I really enjoyed it for what it was. Sure they should have continued developing it and it really does feel like they released an unfinished alpha of the game but it was still fun when I played it. With that said I would wait until Black Friday if I were to buy it (I rented it from Redbox).

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm thinking the same, and could even see this being $14.99 or less by Black Friday. You have to look at supply and demand, and with COD MW3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, etc. coming out, the retailers will be looking to clear their inventories of these titles. It's for this very reason I think Dead Island will be $29.99 or less soon, and maybe $19.99 during Amazon's Black Friday Deals.[/QUOTE]

err ya if they have a huge stock of them. The problem with that is that Dead Island sold very well. I happened to have been in a lot of gamestops hunting for a few old psp games and there were a lot of people coming to get them and they were sold out. I noticed Target was out and newegg was out too for a while. I'm sure it will drop by black friday but its not like tis gonna be a game thats just clogging up inventory

[quote name='Cysquatch']I heard the ps3 version had a game save glitch, has that been fixed?[/QUOTE]
It is still broken and the 360 version is worse everyone i know in real life and on xbox live had there saves corrupted at least once. There used to be 30 people on my friends list playing this but only 1-2 play it now cause of the save glitch and gears 3 being out.

The game is one of the best co op games i played to date and huge replay if you like farming weapons and collecting all the blue print mods and what not.

They say they will be fixing all systems soon but they said this about the last update for 360 which made whoever did not get a save corrupt get it when the patch came out for 360. I lost a char i played 90 or so hours with. I just backup my save every few hours to my internal memory unit now.

The ps3 i hear it just does not save online co op mode and there is a ghetto way to rig it so it saves. You could play single player mode and works fine i hear.

The company tweeted back to people that had the save corruption to delete there newest save and load the backup one. It makes me wonder if they have a clue what they are doing. The game does not save like fallout does it auto saves but the guy tweeting on there page thinks otherwise. There is another omg moment as well but forgot what it was and where.

Final verdict the game is so good it is worth having for when they fix it or just deal with the ps3 trick to get it to save or 360 method of always backing up the save. The game is worth the hassle and bummed they pushed back the release date of blood bath arena dlc which is why i preordered this game omg!

you know this save glitch has me wondering.. what happens if you go to play this game like 5-10 years down the road when xbox lives not around to patch anymore? You will have lost your patch since the 360 doesn't keep them on the HD. Being unable to update you will either not be able to load your saves, or have to start all over and get them corrupted again.

Shit like that is why I find this current day 1 patch need most games have totally inexcusable.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Did someone open a pet store? Where did all these parrots come from? I never saw so many people bad mouth a game they haven't played.[/QUOTE]

Hah, yeah.

"This game is terrible and has bugs. But if it hits $20, I'll buy it."

It's a fun game. Granted, I have the PC version, so there are no video issues and it runs at 60fps, but I've yet to encounter a bug that I recall. And I've sunk 35 hours or so into it.

If I had to liken it to anything, I would call it more of a action-y Fallout 3 with a weaker storyline/atmosphere, but the non-VATS combat doesn't suck - it's quite fun, in fact. I'm really not seeing where these comparisons to some of these other games are coming from just because there are zombies.

I've even read posts complaining about the vehicles driving poorly, and I found them very responsive and easy to control compared to most games.

I picked it up for $37.50 from a buddy on a Steam 4 pack, and it was worth the price. And it is very rare for me to spend that much money on any game.

[quote name='Dalerax']Must...wait...for...bigger price drop...

GAH! I want this game so bad![/QUOTE]

for what it's worth, I rented Dead Island (360) and think that game is well worth the $60 full price. But I just bought Gears of War 3 at full price and don't think it's worth anything over $40.

I have also beat 75% of the main storyline and I still would pay $46 thru amazon for this game. To me this game reminds me alot of oblivion, just so much to do in the game, sidequests, screwing around, loot / sell system.

I would so be up for a Gears of War 3 for Dead Island trade?

And here we go again with DX. Seeing that last time Amazon PM'd it to $34.99, I'll either wait until until it drops or until some GotY edition is launched with the DLCs.

[quote name='Kenshindono']PS3 version has HORRIBLE screen tearing. Some of the worst ive ever seen, its unbelivable really. The save glitch is both versions as far as i know.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back