PS3 Monkey Island: Special Edition Collection for $23(plus shipping) from Zavvi.com

I had no idea the remasters got a retail release, but it's Europe and they tend to get those, so it makes sense. If this also included Tales that'd be a pretty rad disc.

FYI, it has separate trophies, but it doesn't not have a platinum trophy.
Edit, never mind, it's a different game from Tales of Monkey Island (total of five chapters). So, it's like a sixth chapter...

That's like 3 Zavvi CE deals you've posted, there's gotta be a better way to consolidate these into one thread, didn't we have a UK imports thread that was made for this very reason? If people are fine with it then go nuts, but personally I think making multiple posts for the same site every time you see something that piques your interest is so.... "fire thief"

I bought both games for $14.99 a year or so ago on PSN. Still haven't played through the first but it is pretty fun. Great humor, and it's cool that you can switch to the original version at anytime. Can't say I'm fond of the controls though, the game was obviously designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind and it doesn't always translate well to a dualshock (specially when you have to switch from pulling/puhsing something quickly)

[quote name='AionTelos']what makes this the Special edition?[/QUOTE]

The games are remastered from the originals.

You get:

The Secret of Monkey Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition

You're probably thinking it's an SE in terms of extras, but it just refers to the game changes from the original 90's versions

[quote name='iamsmart']That's like 3 Zavvi CE deals you've posted, there's gotta be a better way to consolidate these into one thread, didn't we have a UK imports thread that was made for this very reason? If people are fine with it then go nuts, but personally I think making multiple posts for the same site every time you see something that piques your interest is so.... "fire thief"[/QUOTE]
Point taken and duly noted.

Actually I didn't post three UK CE threads. I posted the Driver SF CE and this one as well as a thread for the Ratchet & Clank two pack from the UK, which is not really a CE.

But since multiple threads on what someone feels is a deal obviously offends you, then I kindly suggest you click the link that's available at the bottom of some of posts and ignore me. Problem solved. Then you never have to see another post by me ever again.

Or ya know you could just skip over these multiple threads I've made if the deal doesn't interest you instead of making a comment like a horses' ass. Just saying...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Point taken and duly noted.

Actually I didn't post three UK CE threads. I posted the Driver SF CE and this one as well as a thread for the Ratchet & Clank two pack from the UK, which is not really a CE.

But since multiple threads on what someone feels is a deal obviously offends you, then I kindly suggest you click the link that's available at the bottom of some of posts and ignore me. Problem solved. Then you never have to see another post by me ever again.

Or ya know you could just skip over these multiple threads I've made if the deal doesn't interest you instead of making a comment like a horses' ass. Just saying...[/QUOTE]

Here's a counterpoint: if you have to put "if you don't like what I say then ignore me" in your sig then maybe it's time to take stock. How about circumventing the problem entirely and instead of asking scores of people to ignore you, you can maybe just stop being a pain in the ass?

[quote name='iamsmart']Here's a counterpoint: if you have to put "if you don't like what I say then ignore me" in your sig then maybe it's time to take stock. How about circumventing the problem entirely and instead of asking scores of people to ignore you, you can maybe just stop being a pain in the ass?[/QUOTE]
As my custom user title once said(before I was censored by the mods for 'being a douchebag') I tend to speak my mind when I feel it necessary. Maybe it wasn't always needed, but then again some don't learn even if you try to beat a point into them with a brick. It happens.

In this case I posted a deal(a series of them) that I felt the CAG community would find useful. You did NOT find it useful, yet you took the time to make your snarky comment and try to be a backseat mod.

Unless your name is Shrike, Pookymeister, IO, Spooge, et. al, keep the mini modding comments to yourself if the deal does not pertain to or interest you and we won't have an issue.

But if you're gonna come stomping into a thread I make and try to act all superior and be a jackoff, then I'm gonna make a comment back. If you don't like it, there's the door.-----> Capiche?

[quote name='Serpentor']FYI, it has separate trophies, but it doesn't not have a platinum trophy.
Edit, never mind, it's a different game from Tales of Monkey Island (total of five chapters). So, it's like a sixth chapter...[/QUOTE]

No, it's actually the very first two Monkey Island games remastered.

As my custom user title once said(before I was censored by the mods for 'being a douchebag') I tend to speak my mind when I feel it necessary.
The problem is that, like any other person that likes to take the time to give "cool" labels to themselves, it feels forced. Save it for the morning drive.

Unless your name is Shrike, Pookymeister, IO, Spooge, et. al, keep the mini modding comments to yourself if the deal does not pertain to or interest you and we won't have an issue.
Oh, but I like to speak my mind you see! Don't you? I don't want a draconian forum but it's nice to have it moderately clean so I'm making my peace.. when you say this crap like "people can post whatever they want and you can just ignore it" you're painting in rather broad strokes brother.

But if you're gonna come stomping into a thread I make and try to act all superior and be a jackoff, then I'm gonna make a comment back. If you don't like it, there's the door.-----> Capiche?
I capiche: "don't comment if you don't agree with me, but I am going to speak my mind about whatever I feel like." Here's some italian of my own: you-a hippo-critica douch-a-bag-o

Don't get me wrong, I like a forum that allows some semblance of free speech. But there's far too many people on here(including me at times:whistle2:#) who like to threadcrap.

I'm just growing tired of all of the folks who think they're so smart by posting 'hurrr hurrr not a deal' or 'shipping kills the deal' or whatever.

Like I said though, I've done it too so I'm not innocent in all of this.

I just find deals that I feel like some on CAG would like or would think IS a deal and instead of getting other folks chiming in offering up further information about the item you get a ton of people making random goofy comments.:roll:

Doesn't always happen, but it DOES happen. See: GoHasting deal threads for proof of this.:whistle2:#

So sorry if I came off as an asshole, but I only give what I get usually.:)

Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that this is well worth the asking price. Not a series to be missed by anyone with even a passing interest in adventure games.

And zavvi is great, prices and shipping are good considering the distance they travel.

anyone know if the 360 version is region free? I noticed theyw ere on sale last week and was gonna throw them in my order but couldn't find out if they were region free or not

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As my custom user title once said(before I was censored by the mods for 'being a douchebag') I tend to speak my mind when I feel it necessary. Maybe it wasn't always needed, but then again some don't learn even if you try to beat a point into them with a brick. It happens.

In this case I posted a deal(a series of them) that I felt the CAG community would find useful. You did NOT find it useful, yet you took the time to make your snarky comment and try to be a backseat mod.

But if you're gonna come stomping into a thread I make and try to act all superior and be a jackoff, then I'm gonna make a comment back. If you don't like it, there's the door.-----> Capiche?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, a mod banned you for being a douchebag? That's awesome.

thehuts marginally better than zavvi anyway. At least ive gotten half decent boxes on LE's from them before

still wondering on the 360 version being region free.. anyone? Id really prefer that version but i cant find info one way or the other

[quote name='Buuhan1']No, it's actually the very first two Monkey Island games remastered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction, I have the five chapters from PSN (haven't play them yet though) and I only count the trophies :lol: They should have included a platinum trophy on this remastered Monkey Island.

[quote name='Ozium']still $14.99 on PSN for the bundle (both 1 and 2)[/QUOTE]

Oh nice! Definitely go that route guys. I like having them on my system as it's the type of game that I just like to pick up and play now and then.

How is this a deal? Aren't they 10$ each on PSN?

Edit: ahh, even cheaper. Kinda silly to get this on a BR, i believe they are less than a gig combined. I deleted them a while ago but i know they were tiny.

Yeah, all of the Monkey Island games (including the 5 chapters of Tales) are quite small. 1, 2, and all of Tales probably barely goes over 1gig.

I ordered one, had no idea this was coming out anywhere as a physical release. Thanks OP!

As for the Special Edition features, according to Amazon.co.uk the disc includes cool features, as well as exclusive DLC avatar items for both the Xbox 360 and PSN versions:

• Never-Before-Seen-Art: Concept art from the Special Edition versions of each game.
  • Animated Movie Storyboards: Storyboards and concept art from an Industrial Light & Magic exploration of a Monkey Island animated movie.
  • Avatar Goodies: Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network download codes to outfit your avatar in the best Monkey Island gear.
  • Making of webdocs and CG Trailer
  • Complete director commentary with Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman

[quote name='sneezebu']How is this a deal? Aren't they 10$ each on PSN?

Edit: ahh, even cheaper. Kinda silly to get this on a BR, i believe they are less than a gig combined. I deleted them a while ago but i know they were tiny.[/QUOTE]
I posted this for folks who prefer having a physical disc as opposed to just the downloadable versions.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The games are remastered from the originals.

You get:

The Secret of Monkey Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition

You're probably thinking it's an SE in terms of extras, but it just refers to the game changes from the original 90's versions[/QUOTE]

Ah, Thanks. I'm pretty sure I already got these on steam then.

Nice deal on this. Just a heads up, there is some possibility that this will see a US release. Per the publisher, the European release is a test to see what demand is like. Assuming it sells well, they may do a US release, although obviously that could be months away or never.

[quote name='bojay1997']Nice deal on this. Just a heads up, there is some possibility that this will see a US release. Per the publisher, the European release is a test to see what demand is like. Assuming it sells well, they may do a US release, although obviously that could be months away or never.[/QUOTE]

PSN releases don't generally see retail releases here in the states.

[quote name='Buuhan1']PSN releases don't generally see retail releases here in the states.[/QUOTE]

True, that's why it was reported on various news websites when this released in August that if it sells well in Europe, there is a chance it would be released here on PS3 and Xbox 360 disc.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/221020/monkey-island-collection-exclusive-to-europe-for-now/

There have also been similar posts with even more specific discussions of the possibility on various adventure gaming sites. Like I said, it's possible it could still happen, but at $23, you aren't really risking much to buy it now.

[quote name='Kenshindono']thehuts marginally better than zavvi anyway. At least ive gotten half decent boxes on LE's from them before

still wondering on the 360 version being region free.. anyone? Id really prefer that version but i cant find info one way or the other[/QUOTE]

Still wondering too....

We should have a thread on UK exclusives (physical vs DLC and otherwise).

This is a freaking badass release I hadn't even heard about! I LOVED the demo, but don't buy DLC. Best post on CAG I've seen in months. Thanks OP!

Yeah, I was subtlely pointing out that thread's shortcomings (even though I've used it a lot).

We need one that doesn't focus on collector's editions so much and doesn't lack titles like this. Maybe it just needs to be wikified.

bread's done
Back