Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ Gun $19.99 Gamestop

Darshminder

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if it has been posted earlier, but Gamestop has Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundled with the Top Shot Elite gun for $29.99. The price is good for the PS3, 360 & Wii versions of the game. Definitely the cheapest price that I've seen. Not sure how good the game/controller are, but sounds like it might be worth a try.

PS3:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78260

360:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78251

Wii:
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/cabelas-dangerous-hunts-11-with-gun/78259

*Update: Price has dropped to $19.99 for all bundles!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That video was unfortunate......

What were the reviews for this game? Her performance....was poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at me now, I'm fresh then a motherf*ca lol

I love that song and the chick is hot. She sucked at the game however but the game looks nice. Might give it a try at $30.

I kinda wanted the 360 version, but is it a good version? Im not sure how these work but assuming the wii uses the wii-mote sensor, and the ps3 uses the move, what does the 360 version use?

Are all 3 versions about equal or does one control better than the rest? I read a review for the 360 and it mentions aiming lag

[quote name='Kenshindono']I kinda wanted the 360 version, but is it a good version? Im not sure how these work but assuming the wii uses the wii-mote sensor, and the ps3 uses the move, what does the 360 version use?

Are all 3 versions about equal or does one control better than the rest? I read a review for the 360 and it mentions aiming lag[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know, as well.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I kinda wanted the 360 version, but is it a good version? Im not sure how these work but assuming the wii uses the wii-mote sensor, and the ps3 uses the move, what does the 360 version use?

Are all 3 versions about equal or does one control better than the rest? I read a review for the 360 and it mentions aiming lag[/QUOTE]

The Wii version, the gun is basically only a shell. The PS3 game is Move compatible, but if you buy the bundle, it comes with a sensor bar for the gun. I assume that is how it works on the 360 too. I think for the PS3, the gun/sensor is also compatible with another Cabela hunting game, and will be compatible with the 2012 version of the game.

Yup, http://gear.ign.com/articles/110/1109495p1.html

Shipwreck and Wombat both previewed the 2012 version and liked it a lot. From the reviews, it sounds very similar to the 2011 version, and praise seems to be universally high not just for the game, but the gun included as well. Though.....having just bought the Sharpshooter, I really don't want another piece of plastic, and it's box around.
thereof, determines my daily fate.

Praise!

[quote name='lukewin']The Wii version, the gun is basically only a shell. The PS3 game is Move compatible, but if you buy the bundle, it comes with a sensor bar for the gun. I assume that is how it works on the 360 too. I think for the PS3, the gun/sensor is also compatible with another Cabela hunting game, and will be compatible with the 2012 version of the game.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/110/1109495p1.html[/QUOTE]

i been trying to decide which version to get xbox or ps3. seems like both versions use the included sensor add on.

i want xbox for achievements and i generally prefer xbox for multiplatform games, but ps3 has move support.

WARNING: There are a lot of reviews on amazon that are saying if you have a larger tv (40+'') you will need to be at least 15ft away from the tv or gun won't be accurate. this makes me wonder if I should get ps3 move version and bypass the sensor option.

anyone play this with move support on ps3 or have input on xbox version?

[quote name='frpilot']i been trying to decide which version to get xbox or ps3. seems like both versions use the included sensor add on.

i want xbox for achievements and i generally prefer xbox for multiplatform games, but ps3 has move support.

WARNING: There are a lot of reviews on amazon that are saying if you have a larger tv (40+'') you will need to be at least 15ft away from the tv or gun won't be accurate. this makes me wonder if I should get ps3 move version and bypass the sensor option.

anyone play this with move support on ps3 or have input on xbox version?[/QUOTE]

IR (infrared) works better with light gun style games than the RGB tech of the Move. It's why "light gun" games are better on the Wii than the Move. The reticule for Move "light gun" games is not great.

Just wish that true light guns worked on HDTVs, but unfortunately, true light guns only works with CRTs due to how the technology works. And CRTs are going the way of the dodo.

[quote name='frpilot']

anyone play this with move support on ps3 or have input on xbox version?[/QUOTE]

hmm this is a problem. My brdroom has a 60" and im only about 9' or so from the TV. I had planned on the 360 version but i wonder if that wont work well now. I guess the wii version would be better just to have a cool gun housing for the sensor for other shooting games

anyone actually tried the 360/ps3 version? do you have to be that far away?

[quote name='dirtyvu']IR (infrared) works better with light gun style games than the RGB tech of the Move. It's why "light gun" games are better on the Wii than the Move. The reticule for Move "light gun" games is not great.

Just wish that true light guns worked on HDTVs, but unfortunately, true light guns only works with CRTs due to how the technology works. And CRTs are going the way of the dodo.[/QUOTE]

ya i had always thought light guns only really worked with older CRT's. Not sure how they work right with HDTVs

[quote name='frpilot']please do.

oh btw, i think today is the last day of the sale. this was in gamestop's weekly ad from September 21-27, 2011.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/092111/[/QUOTE]

I just measured, my ass on the couch to the sensor bar is roughly 9 feet. I have NO issues using the included gun. It picks up just fine, just make sure it's controller #1, otherwise it won't register for the game, it'll just be active using the PS Button.

It's a bit cheaper than I had hoped, but for $10 extra it's not a bad peripheral. I haven't opened my Sharpshooter yet, so unfortunately I can't really compare the two.

If anyone's on the fence in regards to this alleged 15 foot issue with large TV's, mine is 55" by the way, don't worry...pick the game up ASAP..!!!

I have owned the 360 version for a while and with a fairly standard size 46" TV in a room with 6-8 feet of clearance, it's pretty accurate. Not sure why anyone would put a 60" TV in a bedroom with only 9 feet of viewing distance, but it still doesn't seem like it would be much of a concern. Having said that, there is a new version of the game and gun coming out that's Kinect compatible in November, so if you are worried about this version not meeting your needs, you could wait for that one.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...unter-hunting-party-with-top-shot-sport/93222

Yeah, I don't have a big room and I've been debating buying the game because of the light gun concerns. But my GameStop says I can bring back any game in 7 days after purchase. May have to grab it!

Picked it up. Great deal, my only problem was having to set foot in Gamestop....

I was looking at a few games and talking to my girlfriend because there was a big line and only one register going. Some smelly employee decides to plant himself between the two of us and asked me if I "needed something" but asked it in a very rude tone, as if I was just some little kid window shopping or something and had no intention of buying anything. I immediately turned around and said "Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2011 for Playstation." The guy like did a double take, looked me up and down and then said "really?" like I had just ordered AIDS.

This guy then proceeds to drag his feet across the store all the while telling me that they have the 2012 version and I should buy that instead because it's "newer and better" and asks me like 3 more times if I really want the 2011 version because he will have to go get a ladder. At this point I'm done with the guy, keep nodding yes and before he can say anything at the register I tell him I don't have a rewards card, don;t want a rewards card, have no interest in any sort of protection plan, swipe my card and grab the receipt while his mouth is hanging open.

I don't know much about their business plan, but do the employees get commissions or something?

Bundle is now $19.99. I picked up 2 PS3 copies for a friend, traded in the extra game to Best Buy for $9 base, and picked up 2 PS3 copies for myself and did the same.

[quote name='Serpentor']In the stores for $20? Wow, not bad... Question, does this game support two players with no split screens?[/QUOTE]
It seems like this is saying no split screen. The below is from the product description page on Gamestop.

Simultaneous Multiplayer
  • Play through variety of hunts competitively head to head or in co-op mode, all on a single screen.

Thanks, I'll drop by GS and check the price, $20 with the gun (not an attachment mind you) is not bad at all. I might get two just for two players mode.

It's funny because I had been watching the price. The bundle was at $29.99 for a whole week before it dropped to $19.99. I wouldn't pick it up at $29.99, but $19.99 was an instant buy, especially since Best Buy takes in the game only for $9.

Yep, it's $19.99 alright, I was thinking about getting the vanilla version since I already have the Sharpshooter, but after reading the product description, the included gun has "scope" functionality that allows you locate hidden animals? That was the reason I waited for the gun bundle... I haven't play this game using the Sharpshooter, looks like I don't need to :lol:

P.S. the gun included in the game is not an attachment for Move controller or the Navi, but a fully functional accessory, you don't need to buy anything else to play the game. Now, I wonder if the gun comes with this bundle can be used to play upcoming House of the Dead or something :)

here is a example from a GS.com review:

-Fast paced Shooting in gallery mode. (FUN FUN FUN)
-Silly hunter tracking(game feature in campian) red lens ruined Campain mode and gun scope(red lens VERY HARD to see through).
-Gun controls take time to get use too. Pump action is very LAME. feels like you are clicking a pen(moves about a 1 and half inches) and lacks of classic "chic click" cocking noise.
-VERY HARD to set up gun with large wide screen TVs.
-If you have a small TV under 27inches and it is a 4/3 screen TV you will want to use it when playing this game. I have a 42'' Wide screen that will not work with this game. I instead use a 12" 4/3 TV which the gun works perfectly with.

Overall this game is fun BUT annoying red lens causes annoying campian issues, Does not affect Gallery mode though. I dont recommend paying retial of 69.99 this game will drop in price soon cause of the annoying red lens. I paid 39.99 and feel that price is fair for this game.

hmm, seems pointless to me then to have a shooting game on a small TV where I would be standing right next to the screen to shoot!

$20 is a good deal for the bundle, but it sounds like the 2012 version has a better gun, so may just wait for that to decrease in price.

[quote name='Brother Daz']here is a example from a GS.com review:

-Fast paced Shooting in gallery mode. (FUN FUN FUN)
-Silly hunter tracking(game feature in campian) red lens ruined Campain mode and gun scope(red lens VERY HARD to see through).
-Gun controls take time to get use too. Pump action is very LAME. feels like you are clicking a pen(moves about a 1 and half inches) and lacks of classic "chic click" cocking noise.
-VERY HARD to set up gun with large wide screen TVs.
-If you have a small TV under 27inches and it is a 4/3 screen TV you will want to use it when playing this game. I have a 42'' Wide screen that will not work with this game. I instead use a 12" 4/3 TV which the gun works perfectly with.

Overall this game is fun BUT annoying red lens causes annoying campian issues, Does not affect Gallery mode though. I dont recommend paying retial of 69.99 this game will drop in price soon cause of the annoying red lens. I paid 39.99 and feel that price is fair for this game.[/QUOTE]

I have a 60" tv and am about 10 ft away. I also had difficulty doing the calibration, but i managed and now looking through the scope its only off by an inch. But you can always configure the "dead zone" to be a bit wider. I have been playing it for a couple days and its pretty fun. Couldnt resist for $20 at GS. If your worried about pin point accuracy dont look to videogames for the hunting expierience.

picked my set up for $20 yesterday too!
awesome game for me and the roomie in our dorm :D

i dont know why people would pay $80 for 2012 with gun when you can buy 2011 with gun for $20 and then buy 2012 disc for $40, making it $60. so youd save $20 and get both games.

I think the gun in 2011 doesn't work with 2012. I very well could be wrong so don't quote me, do your research.

Pretty sure this would not work on my 9' projector setup correct?[quote name='BFox549']picked my set up for $20 yesterday too!
awesome game for me and the roomie in our dorm :D

i dont know why people would pay $80 for 2012 with gun when you can buy 2011 with gun for $20 and then buy 2012 disc for $40, making it $60. so youd save $20 and get both games.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone done the two player thing? Is it split screen or same screen? Are there any problems. I did read somebody was going to try it but didn't see any updates to this. Would like to hear a cag on this so I can make a good decision. Thanks

[quote name='falcinator']I just measured, my ass on the couch...mine is 55" by the way, don't worry...!!![/QUOTE]

If you take individual parts of your post, it's pretty damn funny. :lol:

Having said that, thank you for taking the time to do what you did and help the rest of us decide what to buy.

So does this gun work with 2012? And is the gum with 2012 really better? If so I'll honestly just grab 2012. Any reviews comparing the 2?

Got the PS3 Version the guy that sold it to me did not believed the priced and scanned it twice to verify, i find that funny

[quote name='kingwormer']So does this gun work with 2012? And is the gum with 2012 really better? If so I'll honestly just grab 2012. Any reviews comparing the 2?[/QUOTE]

i would like to know too. i feel like i wasted my money if 2012 gun is better/different.

[quote name='bruceg']$20 is a good deal for the bundle, but it sounds like the 2012 version has a better gun, so may just wait for that to decrease in price.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the difference is between the guns. I have the 2012 version and the gun appears the same to me, and is a complete pain to calibrate on a larger TV. I have a 47" LCD screen and stading 3-4 yards away it still would not calibrate properly, constantly thinking I was pointing off-screen. Also, the crosshairs seem to lag when moving the gun quickly. I tried the game with a 55" TV and stood further back and had the same problems. I tried it with the Move, which also was kind of off, which surprised me.

Still the controller works fine for story mode, if you do use the gun the red film on the scope is annoying, and the Move worked well and was fun for gallery shooting.

bread's done
Back