Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
With nobody offering any real deals Amazon needs to chip in a $GC to get all our dollars.

Make it happen Cheapy, make IT happen.

EDIT: Just checked my email and found a 25% off happy birthday coupon for the Origin site. Not my birthday but I pre-ordered the 360 version for $47.69 shipped. They also give you a PC freebie for some reason: "Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Play4Free Beret and Gun." Good enough for me I guess.

Sticking with my promo pre-order from Newegg unless Amazon gives some promotional credit. Kinda lame that Amazon gets some lame dog tags while Gamestop gets guns though, lol

[quote name='$hady']With nobody offering any real deals Amazon needs to chip in a $GC to get all our dollars.

Make it happen Cheapy, make IT happen.

EDIT: Just checked my email and found a 25% off happy birthday coupon for the Origin site. Not my birthday but I pre-ordered the 360 version for $47.69 shipped. They also give you a PC freebie for some reason: "Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Play4Free Beret and Gun." Good enough for me I guess.[/QUOTE]

argh, what the heck, i have been waiting to get that birthday coupon as my birthday is thursday, and still nothing!

I wish EA/Origin didn't suck so bad. Sometimes I get sad that I refuse to buy this game because I'll miss out on some cool multiplayer. At least there are a bajillion other games I can play. Great roundup of info, though. I am so conflicted when it come to this franchise. lol

There will almost certainly be a $20 gaming coupon with the game at Kmart. That's where I'm doing all my video game shopping lately. They don't do pre-orders, but all early copies of the game should be limited editions (similar to Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor).

So if you have a Kmart nearby, fear not.

yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...fers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx##

Just FYI.. here's some info on what these are, because it might sway some people.

For example, the weapons pack sounds like the best, but it's only a timed exclusive and will be available to everyone for free at a later date.

The SPECACT kits will probably wind up as Dr Pepper DLC again.. so it's just a matter of if you want to go through the trouble of finding the codes for them again.

The only real "exclusive" is the Amazon dog tag pack, although that's really the least useful of the 3.

Curiously, this blog from the official site lists Battlefield 3 Avatar items as a potential preorder bonus, but I haven't seen any stores listing that.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have $20 credit from Gears 3 + Amazon points from their CC which i plan to use. I like buying games that give the credit though so I can keep getting AAA titles for $40 instead of $60.

Any new Battlefield game is a day one purchase for me but I'm finding it extremely curious that we've yet to see any gift card credits anywhere for what has to be one of the biggest releases of the year. The game looks incredible and I'm sure it will stand on its own regardless in terms of sales but I'm just surprised no retailer wants to seize the opportunity. I know that BC2 had a $20 Amazon credit but that seemed to be in the middle of their credit heyday, which has slowed down in recent months.

Hopefully Amazon comes through and sways those on the fence for this amazing game and series. Once you go Battlefield you never go back.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Any new Battlefield game is a day one purchase for me but I'm finding it extremely curious that we've yet to see any gift card credits anywhere for what has to be one of the biggest releases of the year. The game looks incredible and I'm sure it will stand on its own regardless in terms of sales but I'm just surprised no retailer wants to seize the opportunity. I know that BC2 had a $20 Amazon credit but that seemed to be in the middle of their credit heyday, which has slowed down in recent months.

Hopefully Amazon comes through and sways those on the fence for this amazing game and series. Once you go Battlefield you never go back.[/QUOTE]

It is part of the Best Buy 5/100 promotion at Best Buy as well as K-Mart will have at least a $20 coupon on it.

True, although it would be extra nice for the rest of us that don't have a K-Mart very close by to have something from Amazon. K-Mart has really been great with gaming deals over the past year but I simply don't pay much attention to them with their stores so few and far between. If they ever step up and tie in all of their deals online they'd be a very competitive option.

I want the Gamestop pre-order stuff, but I'd better go ahead and add this to my Best Buy 5. Multiplayer skins ain't bad I suppose.

I regret missing out on the Original pre-order deal that gave Dead Space 2 free; hopefully they'll drop another one before release day. Otherwise, if a Kmart coupon applies to PC version, that's my best bet.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D[/QUOTE]

I've never done anything of the sort, just because for me personally it seems to take too much time.

Are you pre-ordering the game from GS/BB then picking it up and getting the bonus item on a card/receipt (or whatever), activate it, then go back to the store to return the un-opened game?

This game is going to be EPIC! This LINK says POWERUP members also get a digital game guide for free. I just really want to platinum BC2 before this comes out. Damn Et tu, Brute? trophy!

Not sure if you guys are willing or want to (I'm not a sales rep or anything), but I just signed up for an Amazon credit card, and it has no annual fees and a decent interest rate. The thing is, though, is that when I signed up, I got a free $30 Amazon gift card, which I'll be using towards B3 when it comes out.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Don't forget those with MoH LE the beta starts today.... Everyone else it starts Thursday![/QUOTE]

Two days early? Whoo?

Look like GS has the best pre-order bonus with the weapon pack and digital guide also a midnight release at least a my store. Not sure what the Dog Tag Pack is about from Amazon, it might be cool.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Don't forget those with MoH LE the beta starts today.... Everyone else it starts Thursday![/QUOTE]

Two days is better then nothing, looking forward to it. 360 users should be getting an e-mail for access and for PS3 it should just show up in your downloads in the PS Store I think. Does anybody have any more info on this?

I have a feeling that no one is going to beat Newegg's 12 dollar off promotion. It's too bad they only did it for a short time.

[quote name='Smike']The SPECACT kits will probably wind up as Dr Pepper DLC again.. so it's just a matter of if you want to go through the trouble of finding the codes for them again.[/QUOTE]
fuck Dr. Pepper; they did not hold up the end of that promotion except for 360, when it was supposed to be all platforms. Pro-tip: the BB promo code will be emailed to you and all you need to do is put $5 down. . .

If you pre-order at the Microsoft store (I know it's only in limited areas), you have to put $10 down, but you get an additional $5 off plus a $25 gift card. They also sell Kindle Amazon cards in many stores, so it's an easy flip for Amazon credit.

Can someone tell me why they like the Battlefield games? How realistic is the game compared to other shooters? This is an honest question because I am curious, having never played anything except Bad Company 2 single player. I recently really got in to Brink on the PC, first time I ever really enjoyed a competative multiplayer shooter since Unreal Tournament 2004, but the servers are pretty much dead.

[quote name='Tigershard']Can someone tell me why they like the Battlefield games?[/QUOTE]Two words: sandbox shooter.

[quote name='Tigershard']Can someone tell me why they like the Battlefield games? How realistic is the game compared to other shooters?[/QUOTE]

Scaled battles. Camping not rewarded like other FPS. Bullet drop. Destruction of environments. Vehicles. Great community when you hit a mic'd person unlike CoD/Halo. Multiplayer (at least in the past) no advantage glitching like other FPS i.e. CoD.

Those were just some of the reasons I like Battlefield that much more over any other FPS as it relates to multiplayer.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Heads-up: I just received my BF3 beta code via email.:bouncy: Check your inboxes[/QUOTE]

I activated my LE online pass last week...

I should get the email today right? Too bad you can't just launch it from inside the game like they done with some halo beta's etc...

[quote name='WV Matsui']I activated my LE online pass last week...

I should get the email today right? Too bad you can't just launch it from inside the game like they done with some halo beta's etc...[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I'm not sure how that'll work for you. I activated my pass on launch day and received a email a month or so back telling me to keep a eye out for my beta code. Maybe try contacting EA if you dont get it within a day or so.

I'm kinda happy they're not doing this through the MoH menu since that game is long gone now.

[quote name='lordopus99']Scaled battles. Camping not rewarded like other FPS. Bullet drop. Destruction of environments. Vehicles. Great community when you hit a mic'd person unlike CoD/Halo. Multiplayer (at least in the past) no advantage glitching like other FPS i.e. CoD.

Those were just some of the reasons I like Battlefield that much more over any other FPS as it relates to multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I like it because to me it just seems so much more realistic than CoD... I loved Modern Combat for the PS2! I played it so much that at night when I closed my eyes I could still see the blue and red dots that make enemies and friendly!

Question is the karkland pack those maps?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Heads-up: I just received my BF3 beta code via email.:bouncy: Check your inboxes[/QUOTE]
Just got mine also...umm it is not downloading for me...or it is really really slow.

Edit:...Just slow...took like 5 min to get to 1%

[quote name='WV Matsui']Question is the karkland pack those maps?[/QUOTE]
It's four maps from BF2 and I'm not sure if they confirmed which, other than Karkand. My guess would be Sharqi Peninsula, Gulf of Ohhhhhhhhhh-man, and Jalalallallabad.

So I just spent about 1 hour with the BETA and my initial impressions are very favorable. A few things. I am playing it on the 360 so I am going to admit I was disappointed at first. The graphics are still top notch but after seeing all the PC footage I have to say I am a bit jealous. Textures do not pop in right away at times and there are a few funny animation glitches but overall the game looks great...although I would say Crysis 2 MP looked almost as good on the console. The guns are very realistic...lots of recoil when standing and just holding the trigger is a quick way to end up dead in a firefight. The Beta also has no vehicles so I cannot comment on their handling. The movement is fluid but takes some getting used to...you vault over things instead of jumping which is great except you can't shoot when doing it (again more realism). It took a good 30 min to find my bearing but it is great. The destruction is solid but the level you play on does not really show it off till you get to the last part of rush. The explosions feel real and the bi-pod weapons are the bomb.

This was always going to be Day 1 and it looks to be awesome. My only warning for the console players is be prepared for an initial sadness in the slightly downgraded graphics (still top 5 for consoles though). I may need to buy my new computer (was planning on it for Diablo III) early to try this out on the PC.

[quote name='Mogui']argh, what the heck, i have been waiting to get that birthday coupon as my birthday is thursday, and still nothing![/QUOTE]
that sucks, man. they always send me one in April, and my birthday was on Gears3 release day, lol. i've checked in the system & it seems to be correct there, but idk. i gave it to another CAG. too bad they didn't send me another one this year, as i could've given it to you :(. best of luck, man.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I haven't gotten my email.... Anything I can do???[/QUOTE]
did you get them email a month or so back telling you to keep a eye out for your beta code?

[quote name='Brother Daz']did you get them email a month or so back telling you to keep a eye out for your beta code?[/QUOTE]

Nope I bought the game about 2 weeks ago and just activated my pass about a week ago... Anything I can do???

[quote name='WV Matsui']Nope I bought the game about 2 weeks ago and just activated my pass about a week ago... Anything I can do???[/QUOTE]

This was at the bottom of my email, try contacting them there

If you have any difficulties during the Open Beta, please contact us via our dedicated help line at help.ea.com.

The PC graphics are so silky smooth - I'm really torn on what platform to get it - my computer will probably run it, but I still like playing things on my couch....ugh, decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This was at the bottom of my email, try contacting them there

If you have any difficulties during the Open Beta, please contact us via our dedicated help line at help.ea.com.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I'm in the live chat que... I am number 2142 and have a wait of 53 min haha

[quote name='WV Matsui']Thanks!

I'm in the live chat que... I am number 2142 and have a wait of 53 min haha[/QUOTE]

Holy shit man, thats a helluva queue.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Holy shit man, thats a helluva queue.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I'm in the middle of a boring meeting and have the time haha

bread's done
Back