Replace Blockbuster trade in value with BestBuy trade in value?

victimsofadown

CAGiversary!
I barely ever see the BBV trade-in values updated on the "trade-in" tracker for each game, and there is no place for the BBY trade-in values which are easily accessable through their site and easy to update.

In my opinion it would make the page a one-stop shop for trade-in information rather than having to open up a separate page to check BBY's values...

Honestly, I think it would be a pointless endeavor, since the up-to-date TIVs are readily available on Best Buy's trade-in site. Gamestop and Blockbuster, however, aren't nice enough to post their TIVs online, hence the need for a collaborated list. Just because there is no longer a Blockbuster in your neighborhood, doesn't mean the same for many other members here.

I thought the point was to direct traffic to CAG? Amazon's values are displayed through the website and it also has directly accessable values through the site. If the point is to get estimated values from sources that can't be easily obtained then it's fine the way it is. However, if the purpose is to be able to compare all relevant trade values in a "one-stop shop" website then BBY's values must be added.

Maybe I just misunderstood the purpose :shrug:

The thing I don't understand is if the idea is that you can just go to the website to see the trade values then why are the prices listed for games on amazon, bestbuy, etc.

...you can go to the website to see the prices MUCH more easily than seeing the trade values. Also, why are amazon values on the page when you can retrieve their values from the website as well?

What am I missing?

Ok... Let me get on the same page, your talking about the trackers in the marketplace right? I thought you meant the TIV one which would make it convenient but irrelevant. I'm sure they can make a bot or something to track tiv in the marketplace but I'm sure that would be a lot of work.

[quote name='victimsofadown']The thing I don't understand is if the idea is that you can just go to the website to see the trade values then why are the prices listed for games on amazon, bestbuy, etc.

...you can go to the website to see the prices MUCH more easily than seeing the trade values. Also, why are amazon values on the page when you can retrieve their values from the website as well?

What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

..because if you click on those links and buy something from GS or BBY, Cheapy gets a small kickback since the purchase originated from CAG directing them there. Or so I hope anyhow.

[quote name='Yanksfan']..because if you click on those links and buy something from GS or BBY, Cheapy gets a small kickback since the purchase originated from CAG directing them there. Or so I hope anyhow.[/QUOTE]

This explains it, and is what I was missing.

For the record I would still appreciate this small tweak to make it easier to view all trade values at once. :)

bread's done
Back