Buy 2 PS3 Dual Packs, get $20 off at Amazon

Morpha

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]25160[/IMG-R]Matching Best Buy's Sunday ad, purchase 2 PS3 Dual Packs (at $39.99 each) at Amazon, get $20 off the entire purchase. Eligible titles:

• The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
  • God of War: Origins Collection
  • UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack
  • Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack
:ps3: Buy 2 PS3 Dual Packs, get $20 off

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! My BB didn't have any ICO/SotC. Buying two copies for my friend and myself.

Agh I knew I should have waited to see if Amazon would price match BB. I literally just bought SotC collection from Newegg yesterday. Anyone know how Newegg is on returning unopened items because of a better price? Site says subject to 15% restocking fee :S

P90X, or p90x schedule Extreme, is a home exercise system developed by Tony Horton. Just after a couple days, a man finds himself in the hospital because of this workout routine. Claiming that after 90 days, you will "become this super fit guy"

best clip in hair extensions

if i didnt already have the team ico collection id probably go for that and god of war: origins. but that'll probably be pretty cheap pretty soon anyway

I'm figuring that this will be the cheapest to get them, before they
go "Greatest Hits". Well, I hope that is the case....

Basically 15 bucks per game, not bad. In for Ico/Shadow (sold my black label PS2 copies last year) and GoW Origins (never played on PSP).

[quote name='trent82']So, day 1 purchasers of the Team Ico collection get screwed? Awesome.[/QUOTE]

You are only screwed if you didnt shop around or realize that games eventually have sales or drop in price - i.e. you are not a cheapass.

[quote name='trent82']The game has been out for 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Also note that I said you probably didnt shop around at any point.

This dual pack deal is on the front page from BBY - so Amazon decided to match it,.
"buy 2 select games, save $20 deal on Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, God of War: Origins Collection, and the Uncharted & Resistance Dual Packs."

Kmart has $15 coupon which (if the math is applied incorrectly) makes people feel they paid $25 for Ico/SotC.

Frys had it for $30 + 2 shipping but its backordered.

To those complaining about missing the price drop - look at the calendar, Two months of all sales all the time ahead. You almost have to try to get a game at MSRP now. I've been Kmart free for 8 months, that's probably about to end.

Just so you all know. I tried it with two ico collections and it works. So ill be getting this with a buddy most likely

I used Best Buy credit for Uncharted 2-pack and GOW Origins for the same deal, but I'm thinking about returning them and going with Amazon. It's frickin 9.75% sales tax where I am. I hate that...although I guess eventually with Best Buy credit I'm going to have to eat that tax anyway.

[quote name='jacknicklson']No, because you buy amazon gift cards with your best buy credit[/QUOTE]

wait...you can do that? lol, i had no idea.

Yeah I think I'll wait for $20 per game or less. Want Ico and GoW but $30 each is too much with my backlog.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Basically 15 bucks per game, not bad. In for Ico/Shadow (sold my black label PS2 copies last year) and GoW Origins (never played on PSP).[/QUOTE]

Math fail? Where did you arrive at $15 a game? or are you just including credit (which you probably already counted as discounting the game you got the credit with).

Edit: Oh I see what you did there...

[quote name='jacknicklson']No, because you buy amazon gift cards with your best buy credit[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']wait...you can do that? lol, i had no idea.[/QUOTE]

Buy a Kindle gift card, they can be used for anything on Amazon. They usually aren't located on the gift card rack up front, look for the tablet/e-reader section and they should have $20 and $50 Kindle gift cards hanging up.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Basically 15 bucks per game, not bad. In for Ico/Shadow (sold my black label PS2 copies last year) and GoW Origins (never played on PSP).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FadeToOne']Math fail? Where did you arrive at $50 a game? or are you just including credit (which you probably already counted as discounting the game you got the credit with).[/QUOTE]

The collections end up being $30 each and there are two games in each of them for a total of four games for $60. 60/4 = $15, his math was correct.

Do you get Reward Zone points for that on top of it?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah I think I'll wait for $20 per game or less. Want Ico and GoW but $30 each is too much with my backlog.

Math fail? Where did you arrive at $50 a game? or are you just including credit (which you probably already counted as discounting the game you got the credit with).[/QUOTE]

:imwithst:His math is correct $60/ 4 games= $15 each.

Wish Amazon would have price matched Fry's for the $29.99 Ico/Shadow... I have a raincheck at Fry's for Ico/Shadow for $29.97 + tax, I think I'll just wait for that to come in. I think Amazon really dropped the ball on Ico/Shadow deals. Heck, it's $34.99 at newegg right now and was $29.99 there for pre-order awhile ago.

[quote name='Arakias']Also note that I said you probably didnt shop around at any point.

This dual pack deal is on the front page from BBY - so Amazon decided to match it,.
"buy 2 select games, save $20 deal on Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, God of War: Origins Collection, and the Uncharted & Resistance Dual Packs."

Kmart has $15 coupon which (if the math is applied incorrectly) makes people feel they paid $25 for Ico/SotC.

Frys had it for $30 + 2 shipping but its backordered.[/QUOTE]

I was fully aware of Best Buy's deal and Kmart's coupon last week. Nowhere in my post did I complain about buying it from Amazon and then being surprised by what other stores were offering. I was specifically complaining about Amazon waiting for all of the pre-ordered copies to be delivered to their loyal day 1 customers and then offering a better deal for other customers just hours later. It's bad business.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Wish Amazon would have price matched Fry's for the $29.99 Ico/Shadow... I have a raincheck at Fry's for Ico/Shadow for $29.97 + tax, I think I'll just wait for that to come in. I think Amazon really dropped the ball on Ico/Shadow deals. Heck, it's $34.99 at newegg right now and was $29.99 there for pre-order awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

Amazon wont match preorder prices unless every other retailer was going what newegg does

[quote name='trent82']I was fully aware of Best Buy's deal and Kmart's coupon last week. Nowhere in my post did I complain about buying it from Amazon and then being surprised by what other stores were offering. I was specifically complaining about Amazon waiting for all of the pre-ordered copies to be delivered to their loyal day 1 customers and then offering a better deal for other customers just hours later. It's bad business.[/QUOTE]

No it isnt. Its business. You may have got release day delivery too and received it faster than others? I'm sorry, your story is not winning me over. Amazon doesnt owe you anything. If you want, but another one and return with the old receipt (to Amazon).

or just contact CS and see if they will apply a $20 credit if you buy another eligible game. chances are they will (worked for me in the past).

[quote name='trent82']So, day 1 purchasers of the Team Ico collection get screwed? Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I contacted Amazon through chat. I was a day one puirchaser of ICO through Amazon (and yes, I knew about the Best Buy promo, but shopping there gives me a headache. Long story).

I told her I still had my copy of ICO unopened, and I could return it, or if she'd honor the discount, I'd purchase God of War too. She gave me a $10 price drop and a $10 credit towards a future order (which won't last long around here!). She was very polite.

Now, YMMV. But if you're patient and willing to split your credit around, you can get a deal here. Given that I love buying stuff through Amazon and would really hate to step foot in a Best Buy, I'm happy.

[quote name='trent82']I was fully aware of Best Buy's deal and Kmart's coupon last week. Nowhere in my post did I complain about buying it from Amazon and then being surprised by what other stores were offering. I was specifically complaining about Amazon waiting for all of the pre-ordered copies to be delivered to their loyal day 1 customers and then offering a better deal for other customers just hours later. It's bad business.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad business - it's bad practice as a CAG to buy day 1 at MSRP when you know that 48 hours later the deals start popping. Whaaa, freaking whaaa.

Remember - you preordered the game because you wanted to play it so badly that you couldn't wait 24 hours after launch. I can argue that there's a price premium for your desire to play the game.

Now on topic - my backlog is huge right now, but I really want to play the Team Ico collection and the GOW Origins collection - the only question is, how low will this baby go? Anyone think we will see $20 during BF?

How long have you been buying video games? Stores (including, but not limited to, Amazon) have been doing this since, well, forever. Early adopters always get screwed, etc. :cool:

[quote name='blitztwn36']Now on topic - my backlog is huge right now, but I really want to play the Team Ico collection and the GOW Origins collection - the only question is, how low will this baby go? Anyone think we will see $20 during BF?[/QUOTE]

I predict you'll be able to get each for $20 or less by the holidays. Probably through a limited time offer/lightning deal/BF sale/BB sale with coupon.

I went ahead and bit on ICO and GoW Origins. Now I am glad I could not find ICO at Best Buy last night. I wanted to wait for a price drop to around $20, which may or may not happen around the holidays, but I said F it. I enjoy these games enough not to worry about possibly "wasting" $20. Besides, free shipping and no tax means I actually "saved" a few dollars over a regular retail store. lol

That a good deal but my back log is to big and I probably find the dual pack for $20-15 in a couple of months. So i will wait until i clean out my backlog for the ps3.

bread's done
Back