CAGcast #255: Twice as Thick

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Wombat fulfills his X-Men Destiny, Shipwreck ponders the importance of girth, and CheapyD is Jamaican and/or Swedish.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]164[/podcast]
Download - 86 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro/Outro: Syndicate theme - Remix/Original
Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was the one who said volume doesn't matter. I have to admit though that it will not fit in your pocket and that was one good thing about the DS. The thing is, the original PSP was imo just a little too big to fit in your pocket comfortably and once you're a little too big for a pocket, you might as well go all the way and make the screen huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZ9R2t5Jd0

Made in 1974

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to hear some more RE 4 HD impressions from Wombat after he switched to the new TYPE II controls that let you aim with LT and shoot with RT.

Maybe next week.

As someone who just beat Deus Ex: HR I completely agree Wombat. It felt like the developers thought only a few would actual complete the game so they put in as little effort as possible. Fallout 3's original ending (The one everyone hated) was better because it actually told you what happened. Heck, Invisible War's ending was better. But Wombat is right, the journey was well worth the money and the ending is just a misstep like the boss battles.

[quote name='thorbahn3']As someone who just beat Deus Ex: HR I completely agree Wombat. It felt like the developers thought only a few would actual complete the game so they put in as little effort as possible. Fallout 3's original ending (The one everyone hated) was better because it actually told you what happened. Heck, Invisible War's ending was better. But Wombat is right, the journey was well worth the money and the ending is just a misstep like the boss battles.[/QUOTE]

I was fully expecting a Fallout 3 or even a Marvel UA style ending. What we got was oddly out of place.

Ho-leee-shit. Not one of you is getting Dark Souls? Wombat hasn't even tried Demon's Souls yet? WTF?! You guys are killing me. Turn in your gamer cred right now and don't forget to pick up your man-gina shirts on your way out.

When you guys were talking about how Dark Souls having no DLC is a plus, I kinda agree that it is a plus. Approaching it from the stand point of 'the developer wants to make the game great and give you everything upfront'. So many games have stupid amounts of DLC that is already either on the disc at purchase or overpriced. In my opinion games like the new Gears are doing it wrong. No way should there be that much day 1 DLC.

Wombat, Amazon streaming is available on my TV... it's one of the built-in apps. I have a feeling it will be available on Xbox 360/PS3/etc. in the near future. I'm actually surprised that Hulu made it to the 360/PS3 before Amazon.

[quote name='epicelite']Is there some law that every GAC contest must involve facebook and twitter?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you mean CAG. There are multiple ways to enter contests thanks to the ticket system we have. Just click on the contests tab to see all the ways to earn a ticket.

I have a couple games that I would have paid more for. Got Enslaved from a B2G1 sale. I would have paid full price for that. Also got Psychonauts for three bucks at Half Price Books. That got me to pay full price for Brutal Legend (that and the demo).

I am glad Cheapy mentions the Resident Evil Code Veronica fire extinguisher snafu. I now know that i am not alone.

In Code Veronica they give you a fire extinguisher on disk one that you carry around for a decent amount of time for no reason (wasting a precious item slot). At one point i decided to put it in a storage bin under the impression that i could get it later. Eventually, they *SPOILER ALER* send you to Antarctica out of the blue and empty your storage bins.

At the end of the game, you need to get a big gun (i think it's a magnum) to kill the final boss. Unfortunately that gun is under a blanket of fire, and since you longer have the fire extinguisher to get the gun, you cannot beat the final boss. I have not played an RE game since.

It's weird, I never thought that this podcast would talk about audiobooks ever. I personally recommend Brandon Sanderson fantasy books, they are good books and the narrators for his books are really good too. Audible has a lot of good stuff, it's nice that you guys like it too.

The PS2 version of Code Veronica was one disc, IIRC, so I'm not sure if Cheapy meant the Dreamcast version or was talking about a different game entirely.

And Cheapy, who are you to judge me for drinking soda? I sent you a couple of Dr. Pepper EA codes, you ungrateful health snob! :p

Anyway, good show. That random accent made me laugh.

I signed up for the free trial on audible through the link but didnt get a credit. Did I miss something?

Great CAGcast fellas.

I think the whole Cheapy condemning soda was a little extreme, but I really enjoy all the health and wellness aspects of the shows. Can we get a permanent segment added to each show like 'CAG Health Tip of the Week?" Also, can we get a 'Whatcha been eating?' segment? I always see Cheapy posting terrific pics of food on his Twitter feed and wouldn't mind some fun food banter. Shipwreck could give us the latest update on Skyline Chili.

[quote name='JPWasko']Great CAGcast fellas.

I think the whole Cheapy condemning soda was a little extreme, but I really enjoy all the health and wellness aspects of the shows. Can we get a permanent segment added to each show like 'CAG Health Tip of the Week?" [/QUOTE]

That would be just as entertaing as an episode Oprah...

Audible.com is a sponsor of the Howard Stern Show. I'm sure they're used to broadcasters speaking like adults.

The Missus and I were in stitches through the last 30 minutes. Thanks for another great show, guys.

By the way, Cheapy you have talked about building a PC in the past. Now is a GREAT time to put one together. Even a moderate video card would have you outperforming the current gen of consoles. Steam, Humble Bundle, and other sales make PC gaming a great, inexpensive alternative to consoles. AND you can use a 360 controller with most games after you hook an HTPC up to your TV.

[quote name='CXK']I signed up for the free trial on audible through the link but didnt get a credit. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

You most likely already signed up under that email address for audible and forgot is what I imagine. You need to use another email address to get the free audiobook.

[quote name='Decepticreep']Cheapy,

Thank you for telling me soda was bad for you. I did not know that.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me if I don't take health advice from a pothead who admittedly eats like shit.

Wombat, any chance we can get your impressions on the DC New 52 for the upcoming episode now that all of the first issues are out. Also, what is the difference between Batman, Detective Comics, and The Dark Knight?

No offense Cheapy, but the soda segment made me think I was listening to PreachAssGamer for a second. Otherwise, great show!

Another great show guys, could you please talk to the guys at Destructoid about making a podcast. The Cagcast is by far the best sounding, the Dtoid audio sounds like everyone is speaking through coffee cans on dial-up. Also, Wombat I feel you on Xmen Destiny, lots of good ideas, just not fleshed out, but well worth the 2 days from redbox. Keep up the great work!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II was not a good game but the DLC was amazing for just $1. It was a huge epidoe of an alternate history where dark side Starkiller slaughters the rebels on Endor. Loved killing Ewoks with force powers.

[quote name='Duke.Togo']No offense Cheapy, but the soda segment made me think I was listening to PreachAssGamer for a second. Otherwise, great show![/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='polly']Ho-leee-shit. Not one of you is getting Dark Souls? Wombat hasn't even tried Demon's Souls yet? WTF?! You guys are killing me. Turn in your gamer cred right now and don't forget to pick up your man-gina shirts on your way out.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that considering Dark Souls will most likely bend you over and ream you over and Over and OVER again while you ask it when its going to be your turn. I play games to have an enjoyable experience. I'm sure thats what many many gamers out there look for in their hobby. To think that the only way to get gamer "cred" is by gagging on a game until you have enough experience to swallow it whole and "beat" it, is a niche. Some call it a fetish but I say to each his own.

Shout out to my girlfriend Valerie who after listening to the CAGcast that I force upon her week after week was able to discuss the Kindle Fire being released. Afterwards she remarked "oh shit I learned that from CAG".

Great show as usual guys, thanks for the weekly tune up on upcoming games and such.

Just listened to the CAGCast kinda late.

Yeah, Games on Demand... I've yet to see one release under $20, but Saints Row 2 will be on sale for $15. I really want Deathsmiles 2 but since It's a rom dump I'm still hoping for sale at $15 or $20.

I really want Crysis 1 even at $20, because my PC could never handle it. Crysis 2 was great outside of the supersoldier and multiplayer achievement glitches. The Crysis 2 MP was also pretty laggy.

bread's done
Back