February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011

I love the street fighter Kidrobots. I have two chuns and a honda.

Been interested in SNES stuff lately. Raiding a sports card store that has a huge inventory of old cart games from some guy's store that went out of business. Most of these were $3.

WP_000294.jpg

WP_000296.jpg

Some of those SNES games are turds. Gunforce, Thunder Spirits, and Knife Edge on N64 are some of th worst shit i've played lately. Just bought them blind. Oops.. On the plus side Forsaken is an awesome descent clone. I really like it so far.

WP_000297.jpg

Holy shit does duke nukem zero hour have a bad framerate. Not a bad little third person shooter, but it runs at like 10 FPS the whole time..

WP_000302.jpg

I was really happy with this - I was just looking over videogames.pricecharting.com lists of most expensive SNES games and this is up there. Found it for $10 at a local record shop in Michigan. Really fun game too.

WP_000307.jpg

I thought this was more rare than it is, but i still didn't see it for sale anywhere around here. Nice packaging, and I didn't have a GOTY edition. $20.

WP_000308.jpg

This game is a lot of fun, and awesome music.

WP_000310.jpg

Complete Dragon Warrior 2 was too awesome to pass up for $10. I loved the art on this one, gonna find a place for it.

WP_000311.jpg

I sold my old guitar at a local shop and got $60 credit to use. Infamous 2 was brand new $30, kirby Dream Land 3 was $15 and Kirby 64 was $15.
Space Marine was $20 at Best Buy after an adjustment from the manager.

My jaw dropped when I saw it in a case with all the other SNES games. This place had loads of other "rare" games marked up to ebay prices, so it was doubly awesome that they didn't know about this one.

I like how you can do backflips into huge ninja magic spells in the game. Weird that I never heard of it back when it came out..

I'll tell ya what, buddy! Since I like ya so much, I feel like I can let go of my complete copy of R.C. Pro-Am for the NES for your measly copy of Hagane!

Sounds good!

...right?

......right?

wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

zvu9ah.jpg

The only reason I bought it is because I've been looking for one to send to VGA to get graded, and I've never seen a Super Set with a box so mint. I offered $250, the guy said he wanted at least $300, and we settled on $275.

That's sexy.

I remember when I got mine back in 1991 or whatever I drew bowser's castle on the styrofoam packaging and made holes for doors and stuff, like all the little compartments were rooms.

I thought i was a clever 8 year old.

IMG_0107-1.jpg

Some from late September, but fudge it.

Gears of War 3 Epic Edition x2 - $63 each
Gears of War 3 - $23
Mario scarf - free
Red Faction Armageddon - $13
Duke Nukem Forever - $10
Two Worlds II - $10
Evangelion 2.22 - $15

Before anyone asks, I got the Gears for that cheap from Expertzone and one Epic is for a friend and the other is for me. Normal edition for my other friend.

Have been picking up PSP games on the cheap lately. Also got Tomba (missing the manual :cry:) for $15 and Legend of Mana for $30.
IMAG0250.jpg

Also picked this up for my girlfriend for our anniversary. Also modded the SNES to play it.
IMAG0246.jpg

[quote name='kermit036']Also picked this up for my girlfriend for our anniversary. Also modded the SNES to play it.
IMAG0246.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What did you use to mod yours? I used a flat head screwdriver. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
I always enjoy looking at others' pickup photos, so I think it's about time I start posting some of my own. These are all the games I got in September.

Kmart Pickups:
IMG_0998.jpg

Dead Island - $60
God of War Origins Collection - $20
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $10
Star Fox 64 3D - $40

Toys R Us Pickups:
IMG_1002.jpg

Resistance 3 - $60
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $20

Gamestop Pickups:
IMG_1010.jpg

DC Universe Online - free
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Collector's Edition - $60
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $40

Best Buy Pickups:
IMG_1007.jpg

Okami - $15
Pilotwings Resort - $20

Target Pickups:
IMG_1013.jpg

Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - $4.97
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $12.49
WarioWare D.I.Y. - $8.74
Pokemon Pearl - $17ish
Metroid: Other M (not pictured) - $12.49

I'm on 3 of those dark souls guides. People are buying them up at $60 or so apeice. I flipped the others to make the one I was keeping free+profit..

Future is doing a second printing too.. weird that people are willing to pay so much.

[quote name='kermit036']

Also picked this up for my girlfriend for our anniversary. Also modded the SNES to play it.
IMAG0246.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that wouldn't happen to be a Sailor Moon themed beat-em up?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Hmm, that wouldn't happen to be a Sailor Moon themed beat-em up?[/QUOTE]

I think this one is actually the fighting game, where the Sailors all whale on each other Street Fighter style.

The beat em up on Famicon didn't involve the later Sailors I don't think.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm on 3 of those dark souls guides. People are buying them up at $60 or so apeice. I flipped the others to make the one I was keeping free+profit..

Future is doing a second printing too.. weird that people are willing to pay so much.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. Hopefully you're not getting the guides at Gamestop, since no true CAG would ever shop there, right?

[quote name='salty tbone']That's awesome. Hopefully you're not getting the guides at Gamestop, since no true CAG would ever shop there, right?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop actually seems to be the only B&M retailer that stocked the guides, at least in my area.

2011-10-06_08-39-45_298-1.jpg

Picked up the XBL points off of the buy.com/Ebay sale for ~$37, Rage for $55 with $10 credit on Amazon, and Pilotwings off AWD for $14, trading in to Amazon for $16.75 + $5 trade in bonus when buying Dark Souls. I also forgot to take a picture of Ico/Shadow of the Colossus which I got from Newegg for $30.

2011-10-06_08-39-25_208.jpg

My preorder from Amazon came through just fine, and was fortunate enough to find a leftover copy at Gamestop last night.

2011-10-05_17-13-39_600.jpg

I moved into my place about a year ago, so I figured it was about time to upgrade my $80 futons. Loving it so far, just hoping my cat doesn't like it as much as I do.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
I moved into my place about a year ago, so I figured it was about time to upgrade my $80 futons. Loving it so far, just hoping my cat doesn't like it as much as I do.[/QUOTE]

You'll be rolling in fur in no time.

[quote name='Squarehard']I think this one is actually the fighting game, where the Sailors all whale on each other Street Fighter style.

The beat em up on Famicon didn't involve the later Sailors I don't think.[/QUOTE]

It is called Sailor Moon SuperS (Pretty Soldier etc.) Fuwa Fuwa Panic. It is a pretty strategic puzzle game.

http://youtu.be/Hlg2Qnoad9Q

Also Squarehard I used needle nose pliers to bend the tab back and forth. Then used plastic model kit scissors to cut off the excess plastic.

DSC00189.jpg

That's an older picture I took a few weeks ago, but has the whole poster in it.

One of my friends went to Comic Con two months ago and picked up one of them. I liked it a lot so I ended up buying one on Ebay for $25. That's a bit more than I usually want to pay for just a poster, but it's numbered and I'm kind of a sucker for that *looks at ME2 lithograph*.

I just did a quick search on Ebay now and unfortunately they seem to be going for quite a bit more, upwards of $75-100.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
DSC00189.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I want that pillow! Where can I get one?

Also, would I be correct in guessing that you have a Samsung HDTV?

Oh, and if you want to keep your cat away from the new couch, you can try spraying citrus on it. Cats hate the stuff and as long as you like the smell of lemons, it'll smell great. You can also stick sandpaper along the edges and corners where cats usually like to dig their claws in. It's a little unsightly, but so is a couch full of holes and tears.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I want that pillow! Where can I get one?

Also, would I be correct in guessing that you have a Samsung HDTV?

Oh, and if you want to keep your cat away from the new couch, you can try spraying citrus on it. Cats hate the stuff and as long as you like the smell of lemons, it'll smell great. You can also stick sandpaper along the edges and corners where cats usually like to dig their claws in. It's a little unsightly, but so is a couch full of holes and tears.[/QUOTE]

Haha, it is quite awesome. My gf actually got it for me from Etsy for last Christmas. I think she may have had someone custom make it as I haven't seen one exactly like it in my looking efforts.

As for the TV, close, LG.

DSC00192.jpg

Yea the wires are a mess, :drool:.

Thanks for the tips with the cat. I really like the smell of limes/lemons, so I very well may do that. She's only been doing it a little bit so far and has stopped when I yell at her, so hopefully she'll learn. If it gets worse though I'll definitely heed your advice.

[quote name='kermit036']It is called Sailor Moon SuperS (Pretty Soldier etc.) Fuwa Fuwa Panic. It is a pretty strategic puzzle game
[/QUOTE]

I guess that would explain the Chibiness.

[quote name='ZombieToast']

Oh, and if you want to keep your cat away from the new couch, you can try spraying citrus on it. Cats hate the stuff and as long as you like the smell of lemons, it'll smell great. [/QUOTE]

I tried this with my cat--we used both citrus and bitter apple sprays. It turns out my cat love the taste of citrus and bitter apple. She spent hours licking the couch after we sprayed it. The only way we could get her to stop was to get one of those carpet covered kitty condos, which had a scratching post and cat bed build into it.

I'm sort of light on pick-ups now, but I expect the next two weeks to really pick up.

Oct6buys2011A.jpg

Atelier Totori w/ poster, Dark Souls, and I used my giftcard from Dark Souls to get a PSN card

Oct6buys2011B.jpg

Kaze no Stigma, Tales of the Abyss Vol. 1, Welcome to NHK, and Gundam Unicorn 1-3

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick ups from last month and some from this month :D

IMG_0533.jpg

Got the Gears box and Epic Edition :D

IMG_0534.jpg

S/E Rewards. The only thing honestly worth a shit from all the stuff. ;)

IMG_0535.jpg

My Gamestop gave me the Gears clock. Will make a nice collection piece. :D

IMG_0545.jpg

Various :360: Games and ME2 :ps3:

IMG_0546.jpg

Dark Souls CE x2. Also snagged the Sniper: Ghost Warrior Steelbook version from Gamestop.

IMG_0547.jpg

Blus

IMG_0548.jpg

Got Chuck Season 4 & Green Lantern Early :D

IMG_0549.jpg

And my fave pick up for the last 2 months. The Team Litho signed. Snagged it when they released the rest. Glad I got one. Also #7/500 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back