Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition Guide $20.99 Pre-order at Amazon

Indeed, I want the batman cover. There REALLY needs to be a little notes box. Ill order it anyway because of the cheap-ass price. I saw this a week or so ago and I've had it in my cart since ready to go.

Just wish the Batarang controller would drop a little bit...

[quote name='Kenshindono']batman arkham city LE guide is up for preorder for pretty cheap. 22.85 right now (Was in my gold box for 21) at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...3410/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317617033&sr=8-1

The only thing is im not sure how you specify what cover you want. I want the catwoman one but dont know how to specify that. ANyway, just FYI, pretty decent price[/QUOTE]

Maybe Amazon will send you an email with the covers for you to print off yourself like they are doing with NBA 2k12. Talk about internet ghetto..lol.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Maybe Amazon will send you an email with the covers for you to print off yourself like they are doing with NBA 2k12. Talk about internet ghetto..lol.[/QUOTE]

are you serious?..im gonna hope your joking o_O

anyway, i sent an email about it and preordered it for 21 bucks. I can always cancel later. HOpefully they'll let me know how to choose and get me the catwoman one i want. If not, meh i'll cancel. Honestly the game doesn't need a guide at all. Im just getting it for the art and fold out poster and stuff

I dunno why anyone would want a guide for this game tbh. It's not a game that NEEDS a guide. Sure, maybe for the collectibles, but not the game itself... Seems like a waste of money to me.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Isnt that special.[/QUOTE]

Not as special as you Tyler

images

so it looks like they changed the cover over to batman.

I'll ask again: anyone know how you get the cover you want? I wanted the catwoman one really bad. I think im gonna cancel my order if amazon only gets the batman one.. did they cancel the dual covers?

[quote name='Kenshindono']so it looks like they changed the cover over to batman.

I'll ask again: anyone know how you get the cover you want? I wanted the catwoman one really bad. I think im gonna cancel my order if amazon only gets the batman one.. did they cancel the dual covers?[/QUOTE]
I want the Catwoman one too but I'm almost positive it's just random. Best to go somewhere and buy it yourself if you only want a particular cover. I'll probably buy one from Amazon and if it's Batman I'll go look for the other cover and just keep the Catwoman one sealed.

Or maybe I'll just buy 2 from Amazon and hope I get one of each and sell one if I dont.

While I'm sure it could be useful, I found that finding everything in the first Batman game was a ton of fun without being tedious, so I won't bother with this until it pennies.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so it looks like they changed the cover over to batman.

I'll ask again: anyone know how you get the cover you want? I wanted the catwoman one really bad. I think im gonna cancel my order if amazon only gets the batman one.. did they cancel the dual covers?[/QUOTE]
You physically go to a brick and mortar store and look at the cover. Even then, if it has a dust cover and is shrink wrapped like the Halo LE Guide was, you have to take your chances.

If you want the alternate catwoman cover, just take to CSR and tell them to put a note on your account as to what cover youd like. simple.

Just emailed Amazon about the covers and they sent me this as a reply:

Hello,

I checked our website for the item and see that the item is listed as: Different Pearlescent Collectible Covers, which means you may receive any one of the Collectible Covers. I wanted to let you know you will receive the specific Collectible Covers if it is in the description of the item.

It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.com. Strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the selection and service we provide. We take this kind of information seriously as it is invaluable to us in helping us to continue to improve our program. I've forwarded your message to the appropriate department to differentiate the Collectible Covers in future.

Amazon.com offers hundreds of thousands of items in our own inventory, and the fulfillment center buildings enclose millions of square feet. In addition, many of our fulfillment center processes are automated and computerized.

We are unable to check the physical details of an item for you. Our information is limited to what the publishers and manufacturers supply to us; this information appears on our Web site.

I still have hope that you may receive any one of the Collectible Covers that you'd prefer.

However if you find that the item is not to your satisfaction on receiving it please return it for a full refund including the shipping cost.

Just visit our online Returns Center, which will guide you through the process and even give you a printable return mailing label:

So hmm...I REALLY want the Catwoman variant but I'm not sure if I'd pay MSRP for a guide just to guarantee that I get a the cover that I want. Maybe I'll just order it from Amazon and return it if I don't get the right one (or just keep the Bats cover since thats pretty awesome as well).

You can't pick the cover. It'll be random, like it was with the Halo CE guide.

Having a CS rep put a note on your account won't matter, because the person who puts it in the box won't care about that note.

Assuming the guides all have the same UPC for the different covers, then any retailer would see it as the same item. If they don't have the same UPC, then they're not the same item.

[quote name='shrike4242']You can't pick the cover. It'll be random, like it was with the Halo CE guide.

Having a CS rep put a note on your account won't matter, because the person who puts it in the box won't care about that note.

Assuming the guides all have the same UPC for the different covers, then any retailer would see it as the same item. If they don't have the same UPC, then they're not the same item.[/QUOTE]

thats when you complain and get a 30% refund hehe. 1 out of 5 trys at a CSR will probably give you a refund if you tell them returning the item would be inconvenience to you, as you need the item.

Also anyone worrying over the catwoman cover.... shes on the back of the batman cover... so you still get both characters on your guide, its just a matter of who you want on the front. Saw it at gamestop today.

Like witht the X-Men first Class Blu ray release

might be cheaper for those being taxed by amazon, not sure how much shipping cost though, starts tomorrow.

"Big news to announce regarding the Batman: Arkham City LE strategy guide. Starting tomorrow and running through Sunday, October 23rd, you can purchase the Arkham City Limited Edition strategy guide for 50% off! Yes, 50% off! Tell your co-workers, tell your friends!" -from Bradygames facebook page

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Also anyone worrying over the catwoman cover.... shes on the back of the batman cover... so you still get both characters on your guide, its just a matter of who you want on the front. Saw it at gamestop today.

Like witht the X-Men first Class Blu ray release[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That pretty much finalized my decision to buy it from Amazon. I'm still a prime member so I'm not too saddened to see the 50% off deal right after ordering it. Saving on shipping is always a plus in my book haha

[quote name='hecaitomix']might be cheaper for those being taxed by amazon, not sure how much shipping cost though, starts tomorrow.

"Big news to announce regarding the Batman: Arkham City LE strategy guide. Starting tomorrow and running through Sunday, October 23rd, you can purchase the Arkham City Limited Edition strategy guide for 50% off! Yes, 50% off! Tell your co-workers, tell your friends!" -from Bradygames facebook page[/QUOTE]

SO does that mean amazon will drop it to 10.49? If so I will bite. I got the dark souls guide for 13 when it dropped :).

canceled my order. There didn't seem to be any way to confirm what cover you wanted, which is just stupid to me. Even at 20 bucks i said screw it. Besides its not like its a game you really need a guide for. Id just want it for an art book kinda.

I'm still keeping my order with Amazon. I'm a little worried about it showing up as OOS, though. I'm hoping I'll get it before the week is over.

bread's done
Back