The Sims 3 (360/PS3/PC) $14.99 w/Free Shipping at EA Origin

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]25264[/IMG-R]Grab The Sims 3 for 50% with free shipping from EA's Origin store. Add the game to your cart to see the discount. Offer ends Thursday, October 6 at 11:59pm PST.

:360::ps3::pc: The Sims 3 $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I Kinda want, but I know there's also that game corrupting glitch that I don't think was ever patched. I'll wait and see what the Gamefly deals are tonight before making my purchase.

[quote name='hecaitomix']Thanks... but thinking which to get, PC vs PS3...[/QUOTE]

If your PC can run it well, that's absolutely the definitive version and you have the option of adding on more with the expansions that interest you the most (they'll probably get some sort of discount before the year is done as well). Apparently there are occasional server issues with the console versions, but overall it's just far more restricted.

[quote name='Prismatico']If your PC can run it well, that's absolutely the definitive version and you have the option of adding on more with the expansions that interest you the most (they'll probably get some sort of discount before the year is done as well). Apparently there are occasional server issues with the console versions, but overall it's just far more restricted.[/QUOTE]

decided to get the PS3 version. I'll wait for a bundle or a bigger discount for the PC version, would love to get all those add-ons at a discounted price.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Kinda want, but I know there's also that game corrupting glitch that I don't think was ever patched. I'll wait and see what the Gamefly deals are tonight before making my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, it actually ended up getting patched, after months and months of people e-mailing EA to complain.

It's a 14-meg patch file on the 360, IIRC.

Details about the patch are here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/p/4421/147090.aspx

[quote name='chopper']Surprisingly, it actually ended up getting patched, after months and months of people e-mailing EA to complain.

It's a 14-meg patch file on the 360, IIRC.

Details about the patch are here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/p/4421/147090.aspx[/QUOTE]
Sweet and goddamn all at once. Now I gotta seriously considering getting this or not, but got to wait on Gamefly deals and then see.

I Got to admit these days majority of my game collection 3rd party disc wise seems to be EA games.

[quote name='diplo']sims 3 doesnt have online play tho right?[/QUOTE]

Not on 360 or PS3, you just upload and download skins/costumes and other template sims people have created.

Don't forget to use your fatwallet.com account to get an additional 6% off. Please use hamiam as a reference if your signing up.

[quote name='hamiam']Don't forget to use your fatwallet.com account to get an additional 6% off. Please use hamiam as a reference if your signing up.[/QUOTE]
Won't work, it's a CAG exclusive.

Curious, but do the Birthday coupon codes stack with deals still? I Should "supposedly" be getting mine any day now so curious.

Personally I still think $15 is still to much as I'm on the edge. Even with the $0.90 knocked off with that 6% is too much. I'd jump on it for sure for if it was $10 as I'm not a major Sims fan but I would like it to play on my PS3. This is more of a deal for big fans and flippers I feel.

[quote name='bardockkun']Curious, but do the Birthday coupon codes stack with deals still? I Should "supposedly" be getting mine any day now so curious.[/QUOTE]

I actually just got my birthday code a couple of days ago and it does stack. It takes it down to $11.80 w/tax for me but I still can't decide if I really want this. It's been quite some time since I've played a Sims game.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I actually just got my birthday code a couple of days ago and it does stack. It takes it down to $11.80 w/tax for me but I still can't decide if I really want this. It's been quite some time since I've played a Sims game.[/QUOTE]
Sweet. Did you get yours day of your Birthday or few days beforehand?

[quote name='hecaitomix']decided to get the PS3 version. I'll wait for a bundle or a bigger discount for the PC version, would love to get all those add-ons at a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, as Steam had everything at the time (4 expansions, 3 stuff packs, and the base game) for either $80 or $90 during the Summer sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Sweet. Did you get yours day of your Birthday or few days beforehand?[/QUOTE]

My birthday isn't until the 17th. I got this on the 1st (along with various other companies' birthday promo coupons) so I figured everyone would get them on the 1st day of their birthday month but I guess that's not the case.

After being registered so long, I think this is one of my first posts. I should really get in the habit of thanking the posters who save me so much money (see: buying games I'd never have bought just because they're cheap so I probably spend more money in the long run... >>

[quote name='chriscolbert']My birthday isn't until the 17th. I got this on the 1st (along with various other companies' birthday promo coupons) so I figured everyone would get them on the 1st day of their birthday month but I guess that's not the case.[/QUOTE]
Damn, mine's on the 8th. Guess I maybe screwed. We'll see come Wednesday if I should get it normal sale price or not then probably.

Hmmm. I'm really tempted here. Considering getting the PC one but really all I want is the Pets expansion. (I know, I know...) How do the expansions play on consoles? Are t hey stand alone and just overly emphasized on whatever the content for the expansion is?

Awesome. I saw this for 19.99 a while back on Amazon and regreted not getting it. So I jumped on this earlier.

[quote name='stevelee2k']I just bought a copy for pc, but can't find my purchase under the website's order history[/QUOTE]

They have a horrible site and it won't show up right away, if at all. You'll get your order though, they actually ship pretty quick.

I saw they patched the save glitch awhile back, but does anyone know if they ever fixed the glitches where a Sim's Wishes and Opportunities page would randomly go blank, or the glitch where a sound file would play on loop forever?

You can see these glitches in action here on the 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwo9yqyaaS8

If those haven't been fixed, I would still recommend skipping this (at least on 360).

Anyway, you can't really beat the deal we got on Sims 3. It was free after my wife and I bitched to their customer support enough that they just refunded our money and didn't even ask for the game back.

Hey guys I'm adding the game to cart and it's showing up as $30 plus $7 shipping. Am I doing something wrong/is there something special to do/is the sale over?

Trying to buy the 360 version btw.

Thanks CheapyD!!

I've been waiting for this game to drop in price. Picked up two copies. One for me, one for my brother in NY. Many thanks!

might buy this tomorrow i would be all over this but been spending a lot with the gamefly sales if it was 9.99 would grab that tends to be lowest price point things go.

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5838]25264[/IMG-R]Grab The Sims 3 for 50% with free shipping from EA's Origin store. Add the game to your cart to see the discount. Offer ends Thursday, October 6 at 11:59pm PST.

:360::ps3::pc: The Sims 3 $14.99[/QUOTE]

Showing up as full price ($29.99) plus $6.99 shipping at the order submit page. Where did you get this info about the offer ending tonight at 11:59 pm PST?

[quote name='Uso']I think EA end the promotion early.[/QUOTE]

Apparently. I know most affiliates don't bite the hand that feeds them, but if a partner provided incorrect information that I passed on to my members as fact, I'd have some words with them. At least next time put "limited quantity at this price." They didn't sell out, they just revoked the deal.

But, saving $16+ has its benefits!

bread's done
Back