Dexter Season 6 Discussion

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Caught the premier last night. Let's talk about it.

I was very pleased to see Edward James Olmos in the first episode, looks like he will be this season's main antagonist.

protip: If an episode has aired, don't worry about spoilers. If you're discussing previews, leaked information or speculating, use spoiler tags.

Got rid of Showtime a while back to trim down the cable bill. Sucks, because this is one of the few shows I watch anymore. Going to have to wait for the Blu set. Kinda prefer that anyway, just watching a season over 2-3 nights rather than week-by-week.

Solid start to the season. Glad to see the show is back because I need something to watch on Sundays now that Curb and True Blood ended (waiting on the HBO Go app on PS3 to watch Boardwalk Empire).

Looks like a great season! I LOVE the idea of a religious theme, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

After watching seasons 1-5 on blu-ray and pretty much declaring it the best show I've ever seen, I subbed to Showtime just to keep watching. Looks like it'll be worth the money too. (Homeland was good too)

This season looks to be pretty good. I for one hope they don't put religion stuff in every episode. I just hope it's better than last season (which shouldn't be hard).

I thought this episode was good, it did what it was supposed to and set up the season. The antagonists seem to fit the role and looks to be better than the ones from last season.

As a side note I have to say the show after Dexter, Homeland was very good. I was interested in it but it far exceeded my expectations. Those two shows plus Breaking Bad made for a pretty insane night of tv.

Thought it was good and the season looks GREAT.

For those hoping there isn't religion in every episode, you're gonna be disappointed. It's clear that religion, belief, and spirituality is going to be the main crux of what Dexter is going to have to go through in dealing with his own self.

[quote name='DestroVega']Thought it was good and the season looks GREAT.

For those hoping there isn't religion in every episode, you're gonna be disappointed. It's clear that religion, belief, and spirituality is going to be the main crux of what Dexter is going to have to go through in dealing with his own self.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I expect it to be the underlying theme this season.

The Quinn/Deb "romance" is still awful. The fact that it started with the worst scene is the shows history (Cleaning up your murdered sister in laws blood gets you horny I guess) doesnt help.

In general the show needs more Dexter/villains and less everyone else.

First episode and Dexter already getting some action from lovely Trisha! :D Overall really enjoyed the episode. Gonna be a good season, I'm sure. The whole religious theme and the fact that it's two antagonist (Mentor and student) should possibly pose some problems for Dexter.

Not sure if anyone's been watching since the thread hasn't been active since last month. My co-worker blew my mind a little bit:

He mentioned how no one other than Travis has interacted with Gellar. Gellar made Travis get the snakes and pretty much every other menial task including paying the person at the market in the most recent ep. I dont believe the waitress at the restaurant ever acknowleged Gellar either. The assistant said she hadnt seen him in years so my co-worker's theory was that Travis killed Gellar a while ago and Gellar is now Travis' Dark Passenger

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure if anyone's been watching since the thread hasn't been active since last month. My co-worker blew my mind a little bit:

He mentioned how no one other than Travis has interacted with Gellar. Gellar made Travis get the snakes and pretty much every other menial task including paying the person at the market in the most recent ep. I dont believe the waitress at the restaurant ever acknowleged Gellar either. The assistant said she hadnt seen him in years so my co-worker's theory was that Travis killed Gellar a while ago and Gellar is now Travis' Dark Passenger
[/QUOTE]

If that is true than is this whole season a rip off of Fight Club?

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure if anyone's been watching since the thread hasn't been active since last month. My co-worker blew my mind a little bit:

[/QUOTE]
Well if Gellar lifts up his shirt and he has burn marks on his arm than this will pretty much confirm it

I was thinking the preview for next week with Dexter & someone else driving in a car looked a bit like Fear & Loathing in LV, but maybe the person he's with will have Dexter crash the car like in FC.

last nights episode was just... off. if you need a filler episode in a story arc with only 12 episodes, then you're doing something wrong. the rest of the season has been pretty good for the most part, but last nights was just a bad diversion.

[quote name='GUNNM']Edward James Olmos is gonna make that dude's sister the whore of babylon. I BET[/QUOTE]

Sure seems that way and the dude will actually save the day and not Dexter.

Also, I think I understand why they had the filler episode. We need to understand if Dexter has some "light" in him...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']last nights episode was just... off. if you need a filler episode in a story arc with only 12 episodes, then you're doing something wrong. the rest of the season has been pretty good for the most part, but last nights was just a bad diversion.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was one of the better episodes so far but thats just me.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']last nights episode was just... off. if you need a filler episode in a story arc with only 12 episodes, then you're doing something wrong. the rest of the season has been pretty good for the most part, but last nights was just a bad diversion.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I get the idea behind it, but it didn't add anything whereas the episode before it was solid. All it did was dull the edge that dexter carries as a character.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I can't believe they finally did it. I wasn't expecting that considering how often they have teased it.[/QUOTE]

After a horribly boring finale to a really good season, the final minute made it so much better!

deb is so hot I would have no problems fucking her if she was my sister
awesome ending finally someone knows, was expecting louis to find out before her tbh

[quote name='yankeessuck']Show might have just jumped the shark with this Deb/Dexter plot.[/QUOTE]

^This though I'd be lying if I said it hadn't come close in the past. Regardless of plausibility the twist is still stupid.

The entire finale was underwhelming IMO. It should have been Angel or Masuka instead of her. Wasted potential using Louis as weak diversion for those who haven't followed the show. The rest of us realized the end game of this season once that shrink put those ridiculous ideas into her head.

Best part about this season was watching two divorcees get this shit done. Money is one hell of a motivator, haha. I'm only worried this will be Jennifer's last season because we all know what happens to keepers of Dex's secret.

Either way I hope they end the show soon. If twists like these are now an option then it's obvious this is gone on long enough.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']^This though I'd be lying if I said it hadn't come close in the past. Regardless of plausibility the twist is still stupid.

The entire finale was underwhelming IMO. It should have been Angel or Masuka instead of her. Wasted potential using Louis as weak diversion for those who haven't followed the show. The rest of us realized the end game of this season once that shrink put those ridiculous ideas into her head.

Best part about this season was watching two divorcees get this shit done. Money is one hell of a motivator, haha. I'm only worried this will be Jennifer's last season because we all know what happens to keepers of Dex's secret.

Either way I hope they end the show soon. If twists like these are now an option then it's obvious this is gone on long enough.[/QUOTE]

Well no it has to be her
because shes the only one who would look the other way and it gives a fresh angle to their relationship but it should have happened last season. What was the point of last seasons cop out if they were going to do it now? Plus it wasnt even shocking so its a waste

Sadly its obvious the writers have no idea what they are doing. Also Dexter should have been sharing scenes with Edward James Olmos instead of Colin Hanks.

What I find strange about the whole Dexter/Deb thing is that I imagine this all was shot after they got divorced in real life. If I just divorced someone, I sure as hell wouldn't want to start pretending to love them on screen.

I have to assume this thread is a joke. This season was, by a wide margin, the worst season of Dexter to date. The plotting was incredibly poor, the characters underdeveloped, and the suspense all but eliminated. I'd say that, with this one in the can, Dexter is batting about a 0.500. The first, second, and fourth seasons were very intense and generally tightly plotted. The third, fifth, and sixth seasons were marred by underwhelming villains, if nothing else. Hopefully the show tightens up with a firm end in sight. Sadly, I don't see that happening; with Deb discovering Dexter, the show will definitely push through some bullshit plots to continue for 2 more seasons.

I thought the season was okay - definitely better than the last one. I did find it a little underwhelming with Travis in the end. While the voices in Dexter's head helps keep him in line, Travis' are what drive him to kill.

I feel like the end of this season has just been a set up for next season. The sister will find the Ice Truck Killer hand and put all the pieces together. Maybe Dex was evil all along, etc. etc. It was kind of obvious it was going to happen after Debra decided she wanted to get all involved and love-dovey with Dexter.

I don't know what people are looking for in this show, but I thought this season was really good. It was certainly better than last season, where Julia Stiles absolutely sucked every scene, and Colin Hanks and Olmos were fantastic.

Someone mentioned the writers "obviously had no clue what they were doing", well that's false, they actually had all the events planned out from the very beginning.

And as far as Deb goes, while I think the "incest" storyline is a bit ridiculous and not needed. A) it is certainly something that can happen in real life, especially considering the fact they have no blood relation, and B) integral to the storyline leading up to her finding out about Dexter and where her feelings and her discovery take her.

And, as far as I can tell from reading about the show and the upcoming two seasons, unless I am missing something, they are planning on the show wrapping up with Season 8.

[quote name='DestroVega']I don't know what people are looking for in this show, but I thought this season was really good. It was certainly better than last season, where Julia Stiles absolutely sucked every scene, and Colin Hanks and Olmos were fantastic.

Someone mentioned the writers "obviously had no clue what they were doing", well that's false, they actually had all the events planned out from the very beginning.

And as far as Deb goes, while I think the "incest" storyline is a bit ridiculous and not needed. A) it is certainly something that can happen in real life, especially considering the fact they have no blood relation, and B) integral to the storyline leading up to her finding out about Dexter and where her feelings and her discovery take her.

And, as far as I can tell from reading about the show and the upcoming two seasons, unless I am missing something, they are planning on the show wrapping up with Season 8.[/QUOTE]

The scenes with Colin Hanks and Michael C Hall were not even anywhere near the quality of scenes with John Lithgow or Jimmy Smitts. I dont really remember too much about last years villian but I know I hated him. I didnt really hate Travis until he kidnapped Harrison. All the season had was the twist and alot of people figured it out beforehand. If you figured the twist you were left with a subpar villian(s).

As for the Deb story

1. Its so bad it almost retroactively ruins previous seasons
2. How is it intergral to her finding out? She could and should have found out last year and it would have been far less anti climatic and far more tense of a scene.

The show manages to still be entertaining because of Michael C Hall who does an amazing job. The writers are doing a very poor job and its shown in a number or ways.

[quote name='yankeessuck']As for the Deb story

1. Its so bad it almost retroactively ruins previous seasons
2. How is it intergral to her finding out? She could and should have found out last year and it would have been far less anti climatic and far more tense of a scene.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's not in the least bit integral in general scheme of things and that's my main gripe. It shouldn't be there because the plot had already laid down the frame work for the discovery to bring their relationship to the precipice naturally. Instead the writers reached in the nearest lolwtf bucket and threw in an embarrassing ratings driven plot device supposedly injecting more "complexity" into an already brilliantly complex situation to begin with. It's also mildly insulting to the fans and the character herself to even suggest some sort of romantic entanglement would be necessary for her NOT to have second thoughts about arresting him... at all. Anyone who believes otherwise hasn't been paying much attention or probably just started watching the show recently.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Exactly. It's not in the least bit integral in general scheme of things and that's my main gripe. It shouldn't be there because the plot had already laid down the frame work for the discovery to bring their relationship to the precipice naturally. Instead the writers reached in the nearest lolwtf bucket and threw in an embarrassing ratings driven plot device supposedly injecting more "complexity" into an already brilliantly complex situation to begin with. It's also mildly insulting to the fans and the character herself to even suggest some sort of romantic entanglement would be necessary for her NOT to have second thoughts about arresting him... at all. Anyone who believes otherwise hasn't been paying much attention or probably just started watching the show recently.[/QUOTE]

But you're assuming how she reacts when it hasn't happened yet. You're actually assuming a lot here.

To be fair to the writers, if something didn't impede her ability to do her job everyone would wonder why Deb didn't react like Dexter thought she would have.

[quote name='GUNNM']Apparently the sister lets him off the hook if dexter has time to solve old cases[/QUOTE]

Still hoping he will bang her I suppose. Still cant believe they went there.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Still hoping he will bang her I suppose. Still cant believe they went there.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive her witnessing the last scene will snap her out of whatever weird puppy love was going on. She also won't turn him in.

bread's done
Back