- - - - -

Wall Street Protesters

#31 BigT   Hey Zach... CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Bored. Nothing better to do. Condoms are expensive so we'll roll the dice.

We need to educate people :D

Buy in bulk... ~15-25c each! Much cheaper than child support...

#32 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

Take a look at the difference between Tea Party protests and Occupy Wall Street.

http://www.toddkinse...et-in-pictures/

I'm especially impressed with the guy take a dump on the American flag.

Did really LOOK at how much the photo's contrasted? That is so clear that they cherry picked photo's it's not even funny.
Don't even try to knee jerk me as a Liberal either because I'm not. I don't like Obama either and he's part of the problem. I agree with someone else's assertion this might turn out like the next Kent State, with the order given by Obama.

#33 mormaddad   CAGLurker CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

mormaddad

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find a comparable photo from a Tea Party event to lay up against Occupy Wall Streeters taking a crap on the flag or a cop car. Maybe grandma in a dirty Depends?

#34 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

I've joked about taking my ballot in 2012 into the voting booth, dropping my pants and pinching a loaf on the ballot... Does that count?

You know, someone crapping on the flag... tasteless - but, so long as it is his/her own property, more power to them. I'm more worried about/impressed with the tons of crap they're leaving behind. Anyone have a slightly comparable photo from a "Tea Party" event?

#35 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Keep in mind bob that the Tea Party protestors haven't stayed in one place for DAYS on end as far as I can remember.
On the flag crapping note, one of the posters below mentions that photo isn't even FROM the OWS protest and is from something earlier and provides a link as such.

#36 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

I'm a little surprised by all the conservative hate towards OWS. Aren't some of the OWS people Paul supporters? I thought Paul supporters were against the bailout and wanted Wall Street to be accountable?

#37 Msut77   Occam's Shank CAGiversary!   6251 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

Keep in mind bob that the Tea Party protestors haven't stayed in one place for DAYS on end as far as I can remember.
On the flag crapping note, one of the posters below mentions that photo isn't even FROM the OWS protest and is from something earlier and provides a link as such.

I was betting that being the case.

#38 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

I don't see how that makes it okay for them to completely trash private and common grounds...

#39 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I don't see how that makes it okay for them to completely trash private and common grounds...

Wow, you're kidding right?! You don't think, as they are currently situated, that they would be able to easily dispose of what they've just eaten when the wrapper is left behind? What I mean is you think there's easy trash pickup where they are? Maybe there is but maybe that's not the case as this is a park area not part of someone's front porch.
edit: Oh and this is NYC not your average neighborhood in the Midwest or West Coast so occupying an area that, even if you put the trash out and try to make it easy, could still be extremely difficult.

#40 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Wow, you're kidding right?!

Nah.

Bob's famous for distraction. Bob is what's called an astroturfer. Rather than allow any kind of positive spin for the political side he opposes OR relevant discussion to the topic, he'll make a big stink about inconsequential bullshit in order to cause a shitstorm and derail the thread. This inevitably brings out the worst in those he opposes, prevents a proper discussion and allows him to 'win' the thread at least in his own mind.

Try not take him too seriously.

#41 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

Wow, you're kidding right?! You don't think, as they are currently situated, that they would be able to easily dispose of what they've just eaten when the wrapper is left behind? What I mean is you think there's easy trash pickup where they are? Maybe there is but maybe that's not the case as this is a park area not part of someone's front porch.
edit: Oh and this is NYC not your average neighborhood in the Midwest or West Coast so occupying an area that, even if you put the trash out and try to make it easy, could still be extremely difficult.

Oh, well then, that makes it all okay.

#42 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

The difference between the Tea Party and OWS? The Tea Party has nothing to lose and if they're successful, only stand to gain from the practices they oppose. None of them have gone or will ever go broke. If they get a deregulated free market, we'll just end up in the same spot again, but this time they'll get a piece of that sweet undeserved pie and that'll make it alright.

#43 nasum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3480 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Take a look at the difference between Tea Party protests and Occupy Wall Street.

http://www.toddkinse...et-in-pictures/

I'm especially impressed with the guy take a dump on the American flag.

And the flag pooping photo isn't even from OWS!!!! Holy shit! I've got to bookmark that site, it's hilarious!

Besides, it's impossible to poop on the flag!

The photo in which he accuses people of having sex features a girl with her shirt on no less.

Sarang01, yes, that's exactly what double entry accounting is. Are you by chance 14 or a troll? Jesus Christ kid...

#44 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

And the flag pooping photo isn't even from OWS!!!!

For what it's worth, the dude on that site has updated and made note of this.

The photo in which he accuses people of having sex features a girl with her shirt on no less.

I'm not saying that's what those two in the photo are doing... but someone having a shirt on does not impede that particular process....

Link dump

#45 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37011 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

What, are you trying to say you can't have sex with a shirt on? Can't get "her knuckle on your grape" (goddammit nasum, I'll never wash that phrase from my memory) with a shirt on?

I doth protest.

Also, this is my attempt to UncleBob y'all.

#46 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Also, this is my attempt to UncleBob y'all.

And you're not very good at that. You should go back to telling us what a great business investment it is to throw $50 Billion into a company and get less than half of that back. You were awesome at that.

#47 nasum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3480 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

While I'm perfectly aware that it is possible to have a decent shag (and even an adventurous public one) while still wearing 99% of your clothing, a picture of two people under a blanket does not imply sexual activity. She doesn't have an "O" face going by any stretch of the imagination and if it is fairly well known that these people are, well, you know, "occupying" and all that, they have to sleep at some point. What's to say they weren't taking a nap?

My point is, there is nothing about that picture that tells me that them dirty hippies done be boinkin' on the street and I wasn't there to be able to pee on them!

As for my lovely phrase, once you've done you'll never want it washed from your memory. Takes a special kind of gal, and definitely one without Lee press on nails... yeesh!

#48 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

And you're not very good at that. You should go back to telling us what a great business investment it is to throw $50 Billion into a company and get less than half of that back. You were awesome at that.

You're right. The military, police, firefighters, schools, roads, social security, WIC, EBT, etc should all be abolished because they don't turn a profit and any ancillary benefits should be ignored.:roll:

#49 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

She doesn't have an "O" face going by any stretch of the imagination and if it is fairly well known that these people are, well, you know, "occupying" and all that, they have to sleep at some point. What's to say they weren't taking a nap?

Maybe he's just not very good... hell, they could be having sex and she could be napping. ;)

Seriously, though, people having sex in the streets doesn't bother me. I totally understand how some can find it offensive, but, whatever.

The violence, the destruction, the trash, the defecation... that, to me, is where the issue lies.

#50 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

You're right. The military, police, firefighters, schools, roads, social security, WIC, EBT, etc should all be abolished because they don't turn a profit and any ancillary benefits should be ignored.:roll:

If the "ancillary benefits" where what Myke was going on about, then we could have a different conversation. Instead, Myke said:

Obama's bailouts of the auto companies not only didn't lose money, they have been paid back in full and, in the process, turned a profit.

...which is a pretty big lie. A $27 Billion lie.

#51 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Sweet. Thread's completely tanked by page 3.

#52 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

Sweet. Thread's completely tanked by page 3.

I'm sorry, did you have something you wanted to add to the thread? By all means, go ahead. Because, so far, you've posted twice and have added absolutely nothing worth discussing to this thread. Maybe you can try again. Third time's a charm and all.

#53 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6854 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

This thread is actually behind schedule. Most threads go to shit on the first page. I hope this post didn't contribute anything of substance either.:D

#54 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm sorry, did you have something you wanted to add to the thread? By all means, go ahead. Because, so far, you've posted twice and have added absolutely nothing worth discussing to this thread. Maybe you can try again. Third time's a charm and all.

Dawwwww, got under your skin already, Bob. Since we're playing the whole scatterbrained spread everything across all threads game....

What university did you graduate from? What was your major?

#55 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Dawwwww, got under your skin already, Bob. Since we're playing the whole scatterbrained spread everything across all threads game....

What university did you graduate from? What was your major?

Strike three. Good job.

Myke made a snide comment about me and I returned the favor. Then I get lambasted for "spreading everything across all threads". Nice.

I can assure you, you did not get "under my skin" - merely pointing out that you'd rather sit there launching water balloons from the roof rather than actually contribute something meaningful. You're more than welcome to continue, of course - but it hardly seems reasonable to continue doing it, then complaining about how threads "go to ****"

#56 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Cochesecochese has probably gone through a lot more drama then you have ever had. If this is the same Cochese I'm thinking of he was homeless once. I can only imagine what that hell was like.
Wait for it and he'll likely drop some real knowledge.

As far as your bagging(UncleBob) on the cleanliness it's really easy to have a one day protest and then clean things up afterward, making stuff look squeaky clean. Let's see if the Tea Party are able to echo that if they're protesting for a week or longer.

#57 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

As far as your bagging(UncleBob) on the cleanliness it's really easy to have a one day protest and then clean things up afterward, making stuff look squeaky clean. Let's see if the Tea Party are able to echo that if they're protesting for a week or longer.

How hard is it to buy a couple of trash bags and pick up after one's self though? It shouldn't matter if it's a day or if it's a month - everyone picking up their own garbage (or even the "organizers" picking up what others leave behind) would make a world of difference for the appearance of this "movement".

#58 UncleBob  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

And for anyone who thinks I'm just nit-picking at these protestors because I disagree with them - I do have to say, I'm actually thrilled to see as many "End the Fed" signs as I do. At least there are some folks out there that realize the stupidity of protesting the government bailing out banks while these very same banks control monetary policy in the US.

#59 nasum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3480 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

Have you seen what normal garbage collection is like in NYC?

#60 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

I'm assuming not piles of garbage sitting in parks broha.