After Auction Ebay advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Thought I would get some peoples views on my current situation. Normally if i had other problems, aka cloudspekk type. I would definetely rip into the guy.

Well I bought a copy of Suikoden 3 off of ebay, the guy has 42 100% feedback and he said everything was mint in the auction. In addition this guy was charging 5.00 for First Class shipping and using a picture not of the actual item.

Well I as far as the shipping goes, i didn't care as I always add that as part of the cost. So I won the auction at 15.53, so my total was 20.53.

I receive the item to find the book has various thumb creases and some tears. The cd is filled with finger prints and has scratches. The case label is also messed up.

So tell the guy the item is not as discribed. And he tells me that to him it was "mint" because the game would still run perfectly. I replied telling him that if i sent him 10.00 for the game and told him that i felt like my money was worth more he wouldn't be happy.

I asked for a 10% refund, as the shipping cost would hurt us both. He said he would only refund my money after he knows I wont leave him - feedback. BTW he already gave me positive feedback when I payed him, so I do not have to worry about him getting back at me.

He said that i could also send him the game back for a full refund, but he wants me to put it back in the shipping package and write return to sender.

I don't trust the guy because i can't use delivery of confirmation, or i have to pay for it. In addition im fairly sure that this is an improper way to use "return to sender". As he knowingly deceived me.

10% is only 1.53 and he seems hard headed to give it to me. Which is not a big deal to me, I just care about the principle of it. As I believe that I could play the game, then resell it and make more than what I paid for anyways.

So should I just say screw it give him the negative and be through with it?

Give him the negative feedback. He deserves it and it's the only way to let others know he claims average items are mint.

I don't think he deserves the negative feedback 100%. On the contrary I don't think it's a bad idea because it will warn others.

I think the lesson here is that next time we should ask the seller EXACTLY what the condition is (i.e. ask for scratches and manual tears and stuff, or if there are any). If they then said there are no scratches or what not, NOW they 100% deserve the negative feedback for lying.

anyone know if thats the proper usage of "return to sender" I was thinking of writing this in the negative comment.

"auction said mint game. Item is beat up, offered a return via Frauding usps"

Bad english, but im only allowed so much space.

Leave the neg and move on.

At the price of the auction, it's not worth it to do anything else. Especially since the seller is uncooperative.

Don't send the game back either because if he doesn't give you a refund, it will be a huge hassle to chase the idiot.

[quote name='Theenternal']anyone know if thats the proper usage of "return to sender" I was thinking of writing this in the negative comment.

Bad english, but im only allowed so much space.[/quote]

I know this sounds stupid, but "offered a return via Frauding usps" makes it unclear who made the offer, you or him. If I were you, I'd pay to send it back the legal way, get a refund, and leave neutral feedback (since he won't refund on a negative). It'll cost a couple of bucks, but as you said, it is the principal of the thing. As long as he is making conditions, I'd add the condition that he has to indicate the actual condition when he relists it, but there really isn't a way to enforce that.

[quote name='Theenternal']anyone know if thats the proper usage of "return to sender" I was thinking of writing this in the negative comment.

Bad english, but im only allowed so much space.[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure about the return to sender thing, but i cant imagine you can open a package, then seal it back up again with tape or something and just write return to sender on it. I would give him the negative feedback personally. If he was really such a good trader he would be concerned enough to try and work something out instead of being a pain in the ass. He doesnt want that 100% that badly IMO.

Looking at that auction, he lied. He specifically said the manual was mint. If there are really tears in it, even a blind mongoloid would no that is not mint. That is like saying if the book was ripped in half, you could still technically read it so it is mint.

Edit: What would have be delightful is if you somehow got the game first and then sent him money that was ripped in half.

Yeah, he lied.

Be careful about leaving negative feedback. If you give it to him, chances are he will give it to you too.

Leave negative feedback. The auction is not as described and he was not willing to get you a whole dollar fifty to make it right. The negative feeback is a warning to him and others... worth far more than $1.50

Returning it to him would be a waste for you.... you would be out $7 or $8...

Unless he refunds your shipping.... I would guess he will not even refund you the money.....

Why should you have to pay for his lies? Neg him and enjoy your game as much as you can :)

[quote name='Troopa']Yeah, he lied.

Be careful about leaving negative feedback. If you give it to him, chances are he will give it to you too.[/quote]

Read thread before posting.

I agree, leave him a negative, its not worth the trouble sending the game back or getting a refund.

Neg Feedback : Item not mint as described, uncooperative seller, BEWARE!

I may Trade it Mr. Unoriginal, I wanna go ahead and play it first.

Anyways Im leaving him a negative now.. and I sent him this response.

The item is unwanted because of your unaccurate discription. It is also unable to be returned via "return to sender." Because the package is opened. If you have any questions about valid usage of "return to sender" call

General Information
1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Closed Sundays and Holidays

Your comlumbia house pays the fees for packages to be returned. A video game damaged cosmetically does have less value. Its the same reason that a baseball card would have lesser value as condition degrades. Why bother to say the game is mint in your auction if it makes no differnce to value?

In my five years of buying and selling I have never had a complaint on either end. Over 200+ 100% on my business and personal account. But that does not mean that bad things dont happen. Either way I have given you patience and time to resolve this issue reasonably. Not I give you postive before I get a refund, or I return via inproper shipping methods.

ML

It's too bad the seller doesn't have that Paypal buyer protection offered. Then, you could have filed a dispute with Paypal claiming the item was not described (if you paid with Paypal of course).

I also hope that he sends me a angry harassing letter, then maybe i can get his account banned :). I can't always count on it, but it would be pleasing.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It's too bad the seller doesn't have that Paypal buyer protection offered. Then, you could have filed a dispute with Paypal claiming the item was not described (if you paid with Paypal of course).[/quote]

I think you have to pay a small fee for that, and like the cost of return shipping, it outweighs the small amount that i asked to be refunded. Thanks for the advice.

The negative to his - 100% is a decent alternative award.

BTW 900 :)

A negative will really hurt him too. If he only has 42 positive feedbacks 1 negative will put him under 98% positive feedback.

I'm not sure about how the rest of the Ebay bidders feel about that low of a feedback percentage but I generally won't bid on an auction from a seller that has less than 99% positive feedback.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='BigNick']Where's the negative? I love reading negative remarks![/quote]

Then look at this guy's feedback
http://cgi2.half.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=diskounters

I really don't know how EBay can let someone like that stay on their service. Look at how the seller leaves horrible feedback in return as well.

13% of his feedback received in the past 12 months has been negative or neutral :?[/quote]

Thats a different seller than the one in the auction he posted.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I know it's a different seller, but if you like reading negative feedback, that other seller has plenty of it.[/quote]

I see. Thanks, it made for some good reading!!! And people still buy from that guy!!

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='BigNick']Where's the negative? I love reading negative remarks![/quote]

Then look at this guy's feedback
http://cgi2.half.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=diskounters

I really don't know how EBay can let someone like that stay on their service. Look at how the seller leaves horrible feedback in return as well.

13% of his feedback received in the past 12 months has been negative or neutral :?[/quote]

Yea, I know ebay is very greedy about making money and overlooking problem users. Unfortuately the insurance/protection plans that they offer require a deductable or monthly fee, thus making ebay more money.

But I will still use it as,

This less than mint copy of Suikoden 3 was (20.53 shipped)
Shenmue 3 (Sealed) unable to get locally (12. shipped)
Final Fantasy X non Gh Mint (12.shipped)
Devil may Cry mint (8.shipped)

A few years ago, they had a warning system where if you received 3 filed complaints your account would be suspended. Right now I am going to file a complaint about his auction and resolution. Then I will file another one if he harrasses me about the negative.

"A few years ago, they had a warning system where if you received 3 filed complaints your account would be suspended."

Was that for complaints as a seller too? I know they still have that rule for buyers, if you have 3 non paying bidder reports filed against you, you get kicked off Ebay.

Also, if all you wanted was a $1.53, I think it was very stupid of the seller to not offer it and risk a negative. If I was the seller, I wouldn't even think twice about offering that small amount of money back to satisfy a customer.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Also, if all you wanted was a $1.53, I think it was very stupid of the seller to not offer it and risk a negative. If I was the seller, I wouldn't even think twice about offering that small amount of money back to satisfy a customer.[/quote]

Yes, thats why I thought it was sketchy about him saying that he would give me a refund instead by me returning it. With it costing him more than 1.53. And how he tried to say it was mint because it worked. And he further told me that condition doesnt matter on games.

Either he would keep it and say it was not returned. Or he felt bad about how much he made on the auction and would possibly reauction it.

Yea it was part of the non paying complaint. It was 3 of either non payment/or complaints."

[quote name='BigNick']Where's the negative? I love reading negative remarks![/quote]

I see there's another sadist who revels in the misfortune of others! I occassionally like to troll eBay feedback to look at the negatives. Some are pretty funny!

I didn't read the entire principal of it...but if he is being uncooperative, simply leave a neg. feedback. Maybe this will prevent other honest buyers from dealing with him, or having him shape up his act.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Give him negative feedback this instant, and if you do return the things, put delivery confirmation, it's only $.55 (or around there).[/quote] Im not returning it, at least via his method which is against USPS rules. So to put DC I would have to pay for shipping and .55.

I also already left the negative, and received this response.

"Anyway I don't give in to extortion attempts, you are the biggest loser I
have ever come across. 6 emails for $1.55, at least you provided a good
laugh for all of my friends, it was well worth it Thank you. Get a life
loser!!! You have been reported to ebay and can longer bid on my items.
Thanks again, and have a nice day, you pathetic loser. LOL"

Like I predicted he sent me a offensive response.

So in addition to me reporting him for asking me to fraud usps.

I sent a 2nd complaint saying that he harassed me. And how It upset me.

Now since I am handling things in a proper manner, I can watch as he further gets himself in trouble.

I sent him this response

"It was not just the 1.55 it was the principle of it like i said. I have left you negative feedback in response to the falsely discribed item that I was sent. Ebay asks users to try and work things out before such things happen. I am sincerely sorry that things went bad. Thanks for your time, ML"

Now Im not wussing out to him, im just sending him proper responses. Which Im sure is upsetting him, which hopefully will get him off ebay.

I further sent him this response to his email.

"I just wanted to thank you for making sure that I can no longer bid on your items. This way I can feel safe that I will not have an auction experience like our last one. Thanks again!"

If you had just used a credit card, you could've told the seller that you were reversing the charges, and if he would send you a SASE, you'd ship his item back to him. I'm assuming you didn't use a credit card, so in that case, you did the right thing.

[quote name='Theenternal']Shenmue 3 (Sealed) unable to get locally (12. shipped)[/quote]

Wow, that's impressive. Where can I get a copy of that? :lol: :roll:

Just a thought but because he is annoyed at you for leaving him negative feedback, maybe you should put him on your blocked bidders list as well (if you sell on Ebay) that way he can't sabatoge any of your auctions.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Just a thought but because he is annoyed at you for leaving him negative feedback, maybe you should put him on your blocked bidders list as well (if you sell on Ebay) that way he can't sabatoge any of your auctions.[/quote]

That would help, but if I were going to do something like that, I sure as hell wouldn't use my real account. :wink:

[quote name='Theenternal']I further sent him this response to his email.

"I just wanted to thank you for making sure that I can no longer bid on your items. This way I can feel safe that I will not have an auction experience like our last one. Thanks again!"[/quote]

Nicely done. For future reference, I have had the best results from being direct and taking the lead position in the communications. I open by asking what their refund policy is. A lot of times they'll be nicer than what you would have asked for. If they get defensive or claim you're exaggerating, then you come back with the following:

1) Pictures of the poor product
2) A statement that they are the ones at fault.
3) A firm but fair set of options (Full refund if I return the product, 20% refund if I keep the product, or let them resell it accurately and offer to ship it once they send you the money for shipping after it sells for them).
4) A statement that they must pick one of those options or you will be forced to leave negative feedback.
5) A statement that you are trying to work things out but these options are firm and final.

I have had nothing but success with this method, including a guy who sold me a "mint" Secret of Mana complete that was nowhere near. My 2 cents.

I agree,

I actually bought this game at a weird hour, so the price was still good for the condition the game was in. In addition it wasnt a substantional amount of money. The last problem i had which I posted earlier, was no through ebay, but I used paypal and AMEX, the moment i had a problem I let the guy know how i wanted things handled, and he tried to trick me Cloudspekk style. But I got the charges reversed, my money back, cost him a lot of money and various charges + got him in trouble with the law :)

BTW thanks everyone for your advice,help, and thoughts

No, not a bad seller.

I have had well over 1,000,000 worth of fraud on half.com, and require video game console purchases to pass a verification, due to the amount of fraud.

I also use delivery confirmation on all purchases, and every single package shipped arrived in time before the buyer left feedback.

If you really have any questions, you are free to email us, many people leave feedback before or instead of emaling. That will not resolve any issues.

I don't mind the assumptions or negative publicity, as it actually brings me new customers. Best of luck to all.

I will defend all feedback, as I can prove every package arrived before the negative or neutral feedback was left.

I still have the emails from an ebay competitor that was ordering games under several relative and friend accounts only to leave negative feedback, as we sold many of the same items.

Ebay wouldn't do anything, but we were able to file mail fraud charges on them, thanks to USPS and delivery confirmation.

Many people think "feedback" is a way to contact a seller, and would leave neutral or negative feedback to try to communicate, instead of using the contact member link.

Ebay (when I had an account manager) suggested I start a new account, but I would prefer to fight back slowly, and bring the feedback up. Thanks to the close to 100 negatives by that competitor, it will take some time, but I will be able to do it.

It's just pathetic that on half.com, 2/3 of my sales are fraud, and must be canceled due to unauthorized credit card funds. If this keeps up, I will have over $2,500,000 in fraud refunds by the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back