Win a copy of Norton (1yr/3pc) and Arkham City!

ShadowSx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
So me and a few others have recently launched a website that is mainly for discussion about computer and other hardware (things like pc builds, auido, keyboard/mouse, parts ect.), and also about gaming discussion.

We will be having monthly giveaways to people who contribute to the website.

Being the website is brand new and their is almost no users, there isn't really any exciting prizes at the moment. But in time we will begin to give away things like hardware (RAM, Vid cards, other PC parts and peripherals) and software (AV, games, ect).

This month we are giving away a copy of Norton Anti Virus 2011 (Good for 1 year and 3 PCs).
Next month we will be giving away a copy of Batman: Arkham City!

You can view the official thread at http://technicallyowned.com/index.php?topic=5

To enter all you have to do is post something useful on the forums, either it be a guide, tutorial, or something else (No copy-pasta, we will check), and post a link to the thread in the contest thread (linked above). That's it! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter.

We encourage you to help the community grow by sharing it with your friends ect., and by posting constructive content outside of the purpose of a contest entry, hopefully you enjoy the site.

Also feel free to post here if you have joined / entered. Hope to see you there!

[quote name='FFandMMfan']Who uses Norton? Worst Antivirus by far.[/QUOTE]

That it may be, we don't have much to give away at first. If you don't want to use it, feel free to sell it if you win. (A quick look on eBay shows it sells for around $20).

Next month we are giving away Batman: Arkham City.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I doubt anyone's gonna want Norton when most free antiviruses are already better than it.[/QUOTE]

Like I said you can sell it, and get around $20 for it.

[quote name='juanawoman']You'd have some entries if it was Arkham City. LOL[/QUOTE]

We will be giving away Arkham City next month. But feel free to join and contribute before then! If that is all your interested in.

Nice site, but it looks a little squeezed. Redesign it and maximize the space. I know you have ads on there, but go back and widen the layout so it isn't so claustrophobic(sp?,lol) You're wasting an inch or so to the left and right of the screen.

Also, sites like that can make a LOTTTTT of money. Don't focus on that. Be yourself. Do it because you 'feel' it.

If you haven't, already, take up ALL of the names for your site. As many as you can.
Twitter
Facebook
Gmail
Hotmail
Aol
Yahoo
Myspace
Ymail
Etc...

Save the password/s in Wordpad or somewhere you won't misplace them.

A big thing is to Emulate the BEST of the BEST in the field you're interested in, unless you are creating something new. As Earl Nightingale (The Strangest Secret In The World-YouTube, watch it!) states, unquote- Don't Compete. Create. Since you are doing 1 of those sites, make it big.... MAKE IT FEROCIOUSSSSS!!!

Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle.-Abraham Lincoln

Don't wait to be thrown scraps, USE ALL THE FREE MARKETING YOU CAN!!!!!

Congrats on your/yall's site! :.)

BIGGGG thumbs up for getting something going! Too many people sit around and criticize while others are busy making things happen!!!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']BIGGGG thumbs up for getting something going! Too many people sit around and criticize while others are busy making things happen!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the all the helpful advice!

You're most welcome!

Don't forget to have business cards(web address cards) made and pass them out at big event releases that pertain to the topics on your site. IPhone 4s is coming up! You can print them yourself!

Also, you can get free business cards from all over the net(google/youtube users-filter to videos from 'this month') Of course you don't want them to look 'business-y', make them look fun! If you don't draw, try and find someone from fiverr.com to design you 1 for $5.

If you all believe in your/ya'lls site, PUSHHHHH!!!

:bouncy::)

[quote name='MrPiggles']I doubt anyone's gonna want Norton when most free antiviruses are already better than it.[/QUOTE]
such as? I am actually interested as in I need an antivirus program.

[quote name='HelloThere']such as? I am actually interested as in I need an antivirus program.[/QUOTE]

If you google Norton and look into other internet forums, Norton has been consistently rated as one of the worst antiviruses, it has horrible detection, it slows your computer down a lot, and it's bad at removing anything besides tracking cookies. A good number of FREE antivirus programs are already better than Norton. If you really want a good antivirus, I would recommend Avira Antivir, Avast!, or AVG as they are all highly rated as the best, and they're FREE too.

We will be giving away better things in the coming months. I have never used Norton personally so I can't vouch (I use Kaspersky).

[quote name='ShadowSx']We will be giving away better things in the coming months. I have never used Norton personally so I can't vouch (I use Kaspersky).[/QUOTE]

Kaspersky is where it's at. I entered as well.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Good to hear! Thanks for the support.[/QUOTE]

Anytime. I don't mind helping out a new site. Who knows where it could go from here.

bread's done
Back