Am I black listed from gamestop.com?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hi,

Over the last few months I placed a few orders for multiples of the same item from Gamestop.com

I bought x3 of Deus Ex: Augmented Edition (PC)

I bought x4 of each PS3 Move Motion and Navigation Controllers

I bought x3 of the PS3 Wireless Headset

Now I can't get a single GD order to go through on their website. Best case scenario the order will get placed and then immediately is cancelled the next day.

I tried using a guest account and I used the same billing/shipping information as what is tied to my PUR account and it worked.

Does this mean I'm blacklisted from ordering online?

Can they black list me from buying in store?

Is their anyway to get this "black list" removed? It's pretty stupid that I paid to have a PUR PRO account and I can't even place orders on their website. If they don't want people to buy multiples then they should limit the quantity that can be purchased online.

I suppose there is a chance you are "black listed" from buying online or perhaps you are just being investigated by Gamestop for buying multiples (for some reason).

In any case, there's no way they can black list you from stores (unless you did something to get black listed from the store and they have your picture :lol: ). Don't know if you can have it lifted though, don't know a whole lot about the whole getting black listed from Gamestop.com situation.

From the sounds of what you did, yeah, you're blacklisted from their site. Pretty much buying multiples of anything on their site throws up a flag for them and labels you a reseller.

As for buying in store, you'll still be able to do that. You're not banned from the stores because their site has blacklisted you.

But you're more than likely done with ordering on their site. Most people that tried to fight being blacklisted for it were fighting a losing battle as CS doesn't want to deal with it.

[quote name='tangytangerine']From the sounds of what you did, yeah, you're blacklisted from their site. Pretty much buying multiples of anything on their site throws up a flag for them and labels you a reseller.

As for buying in store, you'll still be able do that. But you're more than likely done with ordering on their site. Most people that tried to fight being blacklisted for it were fighting a losing battle as CS doesn't want to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Don't they have some legal obligation to inform me of this or at least offer to refund my PUR membership? I'm not going to bitch over a $15 PUR Pro account but it's silly that i can't participate in any online promotions for ordering extras on some items.

And again, wouldnt it be easier to limit order quantities? Why allow buyers to purchase 10+ of items if all you are going to do is black list accounts afterwards.

It's not a big deal as 99% of items can be had elsewhere for cheaper but gamestop.com carries some niche/hard to find games and merchandise and it'd be nice if I could still purchase items their.

Plus I have like 30K in pts

[quote name='GBAstar']Don't they have some legal obligation to inform me of this or at least offer to refund my PUR membership? I'm not going to bitch over a $15 PUR Pro account but it's silly that i can't participate in any online promotions for ordering extras on some items.

And again, wouldnt it be easier to limit order quantities? Why allow buyers to purchase 10+ of items if all you are going to do is black list accounts afterwards.[/QUOTE]

They really don't have to inform you about being blacklisted until you call to complain(which you might want to, just to confirm). As for the PUR Pro rewards for online orders, they look at it as you forfeiting it after being blacklisted.

As for limited quantities, yeah, they could do that. But that would mean that they would have to pay their programmers more money to write the code to limit quantities. They'd rather leave it open and ban people who had no clue about it.

Anyone I've seen on CAG that was blacklisted from Gamestop.com doesn't get it removed. Once they label you as a reseller, you're not getting that status removed and they blacklist you.

They are within their rights to remove your use of the site from their Conditions Of Use:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/disclaimer.aspx

You're limited to buying in-store all you want, just not on their site.

Order Policy

Pricing and promotions on GameStop.com may vary from that of EBgames.com and/or GameStop, EB Games, Electronic Boutique, EBX, Funcoland, Software Etc, Babbages and Planet X stores.

Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. GameStop reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. GameStop reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may require additional verification or information before accepting any order.

^ Not exactly excellent customer service to hide behind a generic disclaimer like that.

Thanks though for the confirmation.

I had some problems ordering from them online for some reason.. had something to do with online in-store pickup orders or something. I had to call them and talk to them about it and they were finally able to figure it out. I had to talk to a supervisor first.. for some reason the idiot I was speaking to first kept saying that it was probably a credit card issue or something.. I had to continually ask exactly what the issue was until they transferred me to the supervisor, who I was able to finally ask if there was "anything" that could have "flagged" me. I would give them a call.

God I hate Gamestop so much. It's hard to even be on the internet without finding a new reason to hate them more! lol

[quote name='tangytangerine']They really don't have to inform you about being blacklisted until you call to complain(which you might want to, just to confirm). As for the PUR Pro rewards for online orders, they look at it as you forfeiting it after being blacklisted.

As for limited quantities, yeah, they could do that. But that would mean that they would have to pay their programmers more money to write the code to limit quantities. They'd rather leave it open and ban people who had no clue about it.[/QUOTE]

I think the overall expense of hiring programmers to write that code would be much less then hiring humans to audit each transaction and use the "secret formula" to determine if a consumer is a "reseller".

But to each their own.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think the overall expense of hiring programmers to write that code would be much less then hiring humans to audit each transaction and use the "secret formula" to determine if a consumer is a "reseller".

But to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Yup, its not that hard and probably won't cost them anything.. if you have a website for e-commerce you have programmers on your payroll anyway to support that site so its just a matter of telling them to implement that code. And I doubt they audit manually.. they probably have a code to flag re-sellers anyway, so why not limit the quantities in the first place? Anyway just another reason Gamestop sucks, but they have their use sometimes.

bread's done
Back