How about removing the trading forum completetly

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I really love the marketplace feature on cag. The problem is nobody uses it. Everyone uses the stupid trading forum which is almost impossible to hunt through. I think a way to make everyone use it would be to just remove the trading forum completely. Sure it would make some people mad in the beginning but generally progress does this no matter what the situation. I think it would be better in the end.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Ive never used the marketplace on here. forum FTW[/QUOTE]

That is the whole problem

I have problems with the Marketplace where people are not responsive (yet they still have their items listed and sign in) or they accept the trades and then never contact you again. The majority of users on the trading forum at least respond and go through with the trades they have listed.

No, the Trading Forum won't be going away. There are too many items that are traded/sold on CAG that don't have matches for in the Marketplace.

I've never used the Marketplace because most of what I've been trading/selling these days has been game guides. Those aren't in the Marketplace, so that's not something I'd be able to use it for.

For what it's used for, game selling/trading, it does the job nicely. For other things, the Trading Forum works well.

[quote name='confoosious']You gotta put a credit card in right? I stopped trying to use the marketplace at that step.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Mailing address only.

the only thing that needs to be done is to restrict access to the trading forums. ever so often it seems noob accounts post in the master trade threads (mainly xbl one), leave their email or gamertag, and at least 1 or 2 scams occur. those forums (and maybe the auctions) should also be opened only to registered users. maybe even an age restriction so kids know it's serious business (16+ seems fair imo).

I never used the marketplace for a trade...yet. I have been contacted maybe half a dozen times. the first few were terrible where the other party would offer me junk I didn't want (never wanted so this might have been before the newer matching algorithm). one thing I like is that communication is not counted as PMs (I keep most PMs pertaining to trades so would love more space).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the only thing that needs to be done is to restrict access to the trading forums. ever so often it seems noob accounts post in the master trade threads (mainly xbl one), leave their email or gamertag, and at least 1 or 2 scams occur. those forums (and maybe the auctions) should also be opened only to registered users. maybe even an age restriction so kids know it's serious business (16+ seems fair imo).

I never used the marketplace for a trade...yet. I have been contacted maybe half a dozen times. the first few were terrible where the other party would offer me junk I didn't want (never wanted so this might have been before the newer matching algorithm). one thing I like is that communication is not counted as PMs (I keep most PMs pertaining to trades so would love more space).[/QUOTE]No, the only thing that needs to be done is have people follow the suggestion about feedback and having that dictate who sends first, plus have people verify items / codes before sending out their side of the trade. That as well as verifying games received before sending them out.

If people just followed the suggestions, less issues would occur.

I've made several very good friends through repeated trades on the trading forum and remember the vast majority of the trades that have taken place there. The can't recall the user or even the trade for the handful of times I've used the Marketplace feature.

Long live the trading forum! :)

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Ive never used the marketplace on here. forum FTW[/QUOTE]
:applause: I do trades with who I want to and when I want to, not because some system matched me with someone.

What a game is worth wildly varies by user, wants can change day to day and will typically include quite a few items they wouldn't even have on a master list. The trading forum is so disorganized because so are people, take that flexibility away and I would expect a number of traders to become less active.

the market place is ok but it's not perfect, sometimes i might want to trade games for various electronics or non-game related items, also more then half the folks using the market place haven't signed on for more than a year, forums also allow you to put your items on the front page. I think if we got rid of the market place and kept the trading forums you would see less detrimental effects, and I don' really see how the trading forum is disorganized unless you're talking about a certain person's thread than isn't that more of a personal opinion?

bread's done
Back