There should be a notifcation if your post is removed...and reason

Gamer SDP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (98%)
I posted in this thread at around 4:12 PM EST (according to timestamp) before I refreshed and it was gone

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305007

I also noticed that the CAG user rybrammer had his post removed as well(2:35 PM EST) once I had posted again at 4:32 PM EST. I wouldn't have noticed that this guy's post had disappeared if I hadn't had the Contest forum page opened in another tab (where I first saw that my 4:12 PM post was no longer the last post) as well as the fact that the post before my 4:32 PM post was not by CAG COLDblood (2:11 PM) since I recalled a user with a different avatar picture from COLDblood's (which I recognize from other threads)

I don't recall the contents of rybrammer's post, but my 4:12 PM post was similar to my 4:32 PM post just not as specific or as clear

yea it would be good to be notified when that happens so you know you did something against the rules and why and it will help hold the mods accountable if it is automated somehow

Posts in question were begging requests for codes. Those get removed after someone reports posts in the thread.

That's been a policy for quite some time, and the posts you mentioned weren't the only ones that were removed.

[quote name='bredbu']yea it would be good to be notified when that happens so you know you did something against the rules and why and it will help hold the mods accountable if it is automated somehow[/QUOTE]

Never gonna happen.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Never gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Not a huge fan of SD but it works that way over there

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just read the rules? That way you'll immediately know when you've broken one.

[quote name='shrike4242']Posts in question were begging requests for codes. Those get removed after someone reports posts in the thread.

That's been a policy for quite some time, and the posts you mentioned weren't the only ones that were removed.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much but pretty sure the guy's post was not begging and neither was mine...unless after asking about what to do with my GS receipt code and offering to send someone my GS code for free tacos at Jack in the Box so they can give me the code that comes with a drink counts (it shouldn't so who reported/deleted mine :cool:)

on another note, I just checked the thread and some guy was complaining that his post was deleted and wondered how else could he get a code without begging for someone to help a CAG [him] out :applause:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8928408&postcount=214

[quote name='CheapyD']I believe the new forum system makes this much easier to implement.[/QUOTE]

that's good to know if true. hopefully other features such as more PM space and a more in depth post history are included as well

side note: this is at least the 2nd thread I created where I've spotted that cheapyd (for an exact count I'd need to check my past created threads ;))

[quote name='Survivalism']Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just read the rules? That way you'll immediately know when you've broken one.[/QUOTE]
Like anyone on CAG reads anything anymore.:lol::razz: Besides which, it seems like some folks in a position of power around here make up the rules as they go anymore, so how can you know which ones you've broken when you don't even know what they are half the time?;)

[quote name='Survivalism']Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just read the rules? That way you'll immediately know when you've broken one.[/QUOTE]
Carte blanche is a funny thing and reprehensible in the hands of someone with power over you.

[quote name='CheapyD']I believe the new forum system makes this much easier to implement.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear. My post asking for mod notification like this was ironically deleted. :roll:

[quote name='Jodou']Good to hear. My post asking for mod notification like this was ironically deleted. :roll:[/QUOTE]
lol. If I were a mod I might delete it too just because it's funny.

edit: And now I look and see that my thread on Reselling discussions has completely disappeared. I lied, this shit isn't funny :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back