Call Of Duty Black Ops prestige Edition PS3 $54.99 @ Gamestop

junkie88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Was at Gamestop during lunch and saw Black Ops PS3 the prestige edition for $54.99. I bought it and it rang up used so I got it for $49.99 after PUR discount. They had several new unopened copies all the same price.

My store only had PS3 so Im not sure about the XBOX 360 version.

PS3 edition is off the Gamestop site so it may be a universal convert to used like they have done with other collector editions. Xbox version is still full price on the Gamestop web site so maybe the xbox version isnt marked down.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Dayum, I'll have to check on my lunch. Seems like it will be VERY YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Local stores all have them as of last night here around columbus.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Local stores all have them as of last night here around columbus.[/QUOTE]

really? that's odd. i thought this CE was out of print for months now.

Does the receipt say it is the Prestige Edition or just that it is Black Ops used?? I am confused because you got $5 off.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Does the receipt say it is the Prestige Edition or just that it is Black Ops used?? I am confused because you got $5 off.[/QUOTE]

it's probably being cleared out as used like when God of War 3 CE was marked as a used GoW 3 game.

Super YMMV I think, I called all my local stores and found 3 that had it. I had 2 price check for me and they said it was ringing up as $129.99 (360 version). I'm tempted to physically go there and have them ring 1 up to see what happens, but we'll see. Thoughts?

[quote name='psyphris']Super YMMV I think, I called all my local stores and found 3 that had it. I had 2 price check for me and they said it was ringing up as $129.99 (360 version). I'm tempted to physically go there and have them ring 1 up to see what happens, but we'll see. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is probably robbing you as we speak haha. I have like 3 right here might go out and just try, is the RC + DLC even worth it? cause like someone said ealier bf3 and mw3 are out soon so i need my monies.

[quote name='psyphris']Super YMMV I think, I called all my local stores and found 3 that had it. I had 2 price check for me and they said it was ringing up as $129.99 (360 version). I'm tempted to physically go there and have them ring 1 up to see what happens, but we'll see. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes let me clarify that my local GS have them, but I didn't check the price.

Well it might not by YMMV. Everyone is saying the 360 version is $129.99 (just like the GS website), but the OP said they got the PS3 version, which is not on the GS website. So it is very likely it is nation-wide, very very few deals at GS are YMMV.

The receipt said nothing of the prestige edition but it did say you saved $5.00 for buying pre-owned. Again this was brand new though and I know they have marked collectors edition as used in the past.

Yes my store only had PS3 copies so that's all I checked.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Gamestop is probably robbing you as we speak haha. I have like 3 right here might go out and just try, is the RC + DLC even worth it? cause like someone said ealier bf3 and mw3 are out soon so i need my monies.[/QUOTE]

Dlc is now available on PSN and XBL for $10. So it's an rc car and game for $45.

The rc car is kinda cool but drains batteries in minutes.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Dlc is now available on PSN and XBL for $10. So it's an rc car and game for $45.

The rc car is kinda cool but drains batteries in minutes.[/QUOTE]
What? You meant the entire DLC from the Hardened/Prestige is now available on PSN/XBL for only $10? This is like 4 maps, right?

[quote name='eau']What? You meant the entire DLC from the Hardened/Prestige is now available on PSN/XBL for only $10? This is like 4 maps, right?[/QUOTE]

the rezzerection map pack. includes the waw zombie maps and the new and last one ofr now Moon.

I tried this in-store for the Xbox 360. Rang up $129.99. I suspect the PS3 one is only marked to be deleted out of their system (you can't find PS3 on the website but you can find Xbox 360 still) by coding it to the Black Ops used pricing.

This is similar to what happened with GoW III U.E. It was marked down to $19 even though it was brand new because GS was selling it as "used" even though it was brand new.

I would love this deal just for the RC car with cam. I could drive around the office and bug my co-workers. It would also be good for chasing skirts. ;)

my gamestop has a few of these avail for ps3 i might make a trip just to check them out. if thats the case though you do realize you can buy and then return just the game keeping the car and code free. i did that with fable 3 when they put the le to used at gamestop.

[quote name='tenike1']Got three of them when they were $14.99 at BestBuy.com.[/QUOTE]

I bought 3 as well. TBH that is worth over 9000 cookies.

[quote name='krashhole']Hand this kid a cookie :applause:[/QUOTE]
cookie

[quote name='havuk']well this guy gets a dozen cookies! :applause:[/QUOTE]
Chocolate-chips-cookies-3-550x425.jpg

[quote name='tenike1']Got three of them when they were $14.99 at BestBuy.com.[/QUOTE]
I got uhhhh...I better not say. ;) Let's just say I sold one on AMZ for enough to cover all of them.:lol:

[quote name='Outrun9']when were these for $14.99 at BestBuy.com?[/QUOTE]

You can do a search for it, I'm sure the thread is in the "Deals Graveyard." There was a lot of bitching and moaning over that one too, the sale lasted for about an hour or so. I think it was around 3-4 months ago when they sold at that price, I guess Best Buy just wanted to get rid of there inventory and I'm sure they would have done it at $30.

[quote name='skiizim']You can do a search for it, I'm sure the thread is in the "Deals Graveyard." There was a lot of bitching and moaning over that one too, the sale lasted for about an hour or so. I think it was around 3-4 months ago when they sold at that price, I guess Best Buy just wanted to get rid of there inventory and I'm sure they would have done it at $30.[/QUOTE]
FYI: The Little Big Planet 2 CE is $19.99 in-store at BB (IF you can find one) now supposedly.;)

I checked the locator when I saw the thread but there are none in my are or surrounding areas. I should have actually gone and physically checked when I was there last night. Which also reminds me that I need to pick up the Cabelas gun game GS, the procrastination in me!

I know where some are, but I don't really think they're the effort for $55.

What's the sku for the ps3 version?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outrun9']when were these for $14.99 at BestBuy.com?[/QUOTE]

i gave a heads up to the deal in-store for 2 whole days before the .com price went live. it was over a weekend so it wasn't a deal that came out of nowhere. i think the .com deal was good for actually 2 hours before it went oos. periodically, the website would go back in stock overnight and into the morning hours. it got posted on SD but by the time the thread got any notice CAG cleaned it out and then the thread got 5 TD's at SD :D

Went to a few GS's and no go, finally decided to hit last one and call it a day when they had 1 left. Dude about crapped himself when it rung up used. Also snagged a Homefront CE srat guide that pennied out....great day

Kudos OP

i went to several of my gs's in the harrisonburg, staunton, charlottesville, va. area and there are none left. this includes ps3 and 360.

the manager at one told me they were instructed to dismantle the prestige edition and put the game on the shelf as used and to use the rc car and other stuff that was in it as raffle prizes for the midnight launch of MW3

my GS either didnt have any instock since theylooked it up on the system (obv not in the system) or just didnt know off the top of their head and didnt want to look.

eh. 60 bucks i didnt spend lol

edit: btw, was the prestige edition just the hardened edition with a box that contained the rc car?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got uhhhh...I better not say. ;) Let's just say I sold one on AMZ for enough to cover all of them.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm intrigued, lol. I wasn't really thinking when the deal went live how much I could actually make. Lol. I bought two copies, dumped the codes and traded in the games.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm intrigued, lol. I wasn't really thinking when the deal went live how much I could actually make. Lol. I bought two copies, dumped the codes and traded in the games.[/QUOTE]
Sad part is, I never unloaded the codes from the PE's, since I figured my eBay account with it's all of ONE feedback(from buying some HDMI cables) would get scammed to hell and back.

So I tried making deals with various CAG's to sell them for me, but every one of them fell through. Now that the map pack is on PSN/XBL for $10 I might as well wipe my ass with the vouchers.:cry:

But I did trade copies of BLOPS to BB and to a local shop or three, but now I need to offload the cars/medals/steelbooks.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sad part is, I never unloaded the codes from the PE's, since I figured my eBay account with it's all of ONE feedback(from buying some HDMI cables) would get scammed to hell and back.

So I tried making deals with various CAG's to sell them for me, but every one of them fell through. Now that the map pack is on PSN/XBL for $10 I might as well wipe my ass with the vouchers.:cry:

But I did trade copies of BLOPS to BB and to a local shop or three, but now I need to offload the cars/medals/steelbooks.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

That's crazy man. I traded in the original copy I had from the 2/$25 TRU deal, and I traded one of the steelbooks. I actually kept the third one since it was pretty much free. Ebay is tricky at times though. That's why I was really weary about doing it as well.

The store closest to me has one for 360 but not PS3. Boo. Probably check another tomorrow since it's doing the 50% bonus for the weekend.

I mentioned this before, somewhat frowned upon but its completely legit based on GS return policy. For example I already owned black ops for PS3, went and found a prestige today and kept all the kew stuff, steelbook etc and just returned my regular one.

They are selling the game as a used copy and most are actually told to take everything out and sell only the game so nothing really wrong with doing so.

Heck, most around here know when it goes to used and if you walk in they just hand you the extra stuff no charge lol

I was trying to jump on it when BB had em on sale but the hoarders *ahem* beat me to it. May be tempted to buy one just for the RC car but then again, might be able to snag one cheap on ebay after MW3 comes out

bread's done
Back