Amazon resale question

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!
I recently tried to list a used game on amazon and got the message

**Please note: The item for which you have attempted to create a listing is a restricted item.

anybody know the reason for that??:wall:

[quote name='fyahbwoy']I recently tried to list a used game on amazon and got the message

**Please note: The item for which you have attempted to create a listing is a restricted item.

anybody know the reason for that??:wall:[/QUOTE]

You probably got the message because you were attempting to create a listing for a restricted item.

[quote name='camoor']You probably got the message because you were attempting to create a listing for a restricted item.[/QUOTE]

yea but i wasnt aware of these restrictions....are they permanent or just for a certain amount of time?

[quote name='hybrid5006']what game?

If the game has not officially been released yet, i know they will restrict that[/quote]

rage

There is a seller help on amazon.

I recall this on ipods at one point. I had come across some on clearance at a local retailer in white, black and pink... I could sell the black and pink, could not sell the white as it was restricted..

The answer then was that they had too many other sellers, they had possible fraud with that item in teh past and therefore were restricting to basically larger volume sellers. I was pissed but still have probably not sold 50 items on amazon at the time, so I returned the white ones and lived with it.

Either contact them for pre approval on that item, Which if I remember requires a stand alone website to be put up as a retailer of restricted items. Basically you have to be a real vendor.

Close to Xmas, Amazon also limits who can sell on their site. Essentially you have to be an established seller to list in certain categories (games, for sure, and probably electronics) because they're trying to minimize scammers who will take the holiday money and run. (And it also doesn't hurt that they promote this to their sellers as a way for them to squeeze out potential competitors.)

bumping an old topic, but this is happening to me for Ni No Kuni on PS3. There's no legit reason for it to be restricted that i can think of.

[quote name='affa']bumping an old topic, but this is happening to me for Ni No Kuni on PS3. There's no legit reason for it to be restricted that i can think of.[/QUOTE]

Probably because it hasn't been released yet. Try on the 10th to see if you can then.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Probably because it hasn't been released yet. Try on the 10th to see if you can then.[/QUOTE]
It did come out, Amazon just won't have any in stock until the 10th. It's a hot seller right now, though; that might have something to do with it.

bread's done
Back