Batman AC Preorder Guide (work in progress)

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!
Hi guys,

I just realised there is no Batman Arkham City Preorder Guide:

So i've started this thread to list the deals. Seems like the game is big enough to warrant that.

Please post if i get stuff wrong or you find out new things. This whole preorder ordeal is really confusing (especially with the US deals muddying up the water)

So far:

The Collectors edition comes with:
•Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
•Collectible art book
•Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
•Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
•Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight

Retailer Specific console deals:
Tescos:
Batman Arkham City - Joker Steel Book edition (comes with exclusive Joker challenge map)
Joker Challenge map

SE: £34.70 using this deal (360 / PS3)
CE: £55.00 360 / PS3

Amazon:
Batman Arkham City - Catwoman Steelbook edition
Pre-order bonus: Batman Earth One skin DLC (this applies to Collectors edition as well) If preordered before October 20th.
OKAPK.png

Catwoman challenge map and i guess skin as well?

SE: £37.89 360 / PS3
CE: £54.99 360 / PS3

Game: NEW PRICES (16/10/11)
Batman Arkham City - Robin Edition (not steel book by the looks of it)
Robin Challenge maps and Red Robin skin.
03_Red-Robin.jpg

SE: £42.99 360 / PS3
CE: £54.99 360 / PS3

HMV:
According to sources (HUKD), if you Pre-order the HMV exclusive edition you get a LTD edition DC Batman Arkham City comic, a LTD edition Batman Arkham City T-Shirt and a LTD edition lenticular sleeve. But i can't find this on HMV's website anymore.

SE: £37.89 360 / PS3
CE: £55.00 360 / PS3

ShopTo:
Batman Arkham Asylum Two-Face Steelbook edition
No extra content just cosmetic case.
Preorder Bonus: All editions pre-ordered by 19th October come with 1970's Batman Skin

Standard Edition £34.85 360 / PS3
Steel Book £39.85 360 / PS3
Collectors Edition £59.86 360 / PS3

Gamestop (UK) - Courtesy of asianastroboy :)
Batman: Arkham City - standard edition only but with the Batman Beyond Skin.

Batman-Beyond-small.jpg

SE: £36.97 360 / PS3
SE: £26.97 PC

PC Deals: (courtesy of Bobfoc)
NOTE: PC Version is delayed until November and uses Games For Windows Live.

Green Man Gaming:
Batman Arkham City Standard Edition
£20.36 with voucher code AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC (regular pre-order price £25.45)

The Hut
£24.85 Batman: Arkham City & The Dark Knight / Batman Begins BluRay Bundle PC

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely done! Looks like Tesco is the one to beat at the moment, price-wise. (£34.70 using code EXM5TOP5-1)

Very good list. I'd like to add a couple of deals for the PC users out there. Firstly, the game is available for just over £20 at Green Man Gaming if you use the code "AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC" at the checkout. Here is the link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/batman-arkham-city/

You can also get the PC version alongside the Blu-Ray version of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for £24.85 at The Hut at this link: http://www.thehut.com/games/platfor...ht/-batman-begins-bluray-bundle/10564453.html

Bear in mind that the PC version has been delayed until November, meaning that it will be released a few weeks after the console versions. Furthermore, the PC version will run through Games For Windows Live, which a lot of people aren't very keen on, but, on the plus side, it does allow you to link your achievements to your Xbox Live profile.

Just ordered from tesco. Mum works at tesco so with her discount got it for £31. Sad it's not the Robin one but £9 more for Robin I'm not too bothered about.

very nice work there, Toilet :p

but i think this whole "exclusive preorder bonus" thing is getting a bit out of hand... am i wrong?

Good thread ToiletDuck, might be good to add some images for those on the fence about the steelbook or costume DLCs?
I think the preorders are getting a bit too confusing. The one I'm going for is:

Gamestop (UK):
Batman: Arkham City - standard edition only but with the Batman Beyond Skin.

Batman-Beyond-small.jpg

SE: £36.97 360 / PS3
SE: £26.97 PC

Collector's Edition

Batman-Arkham-City-Collectors-Edition.jpg

Tesco's Joker Steelbook
821608_1.jpg

Amazon's Catwoman Steelbook
originalfh.jpg

HMV Lenticular, T Shirt & Comic
8194819.76564e580a7359a575.45581306

ShopTo's Two Face Steelbook
8165776.94264e56f1cc6c3cd3.01448299

Game's Robin Edition
29425orig.jpg

£42.99 360 / PS3
£39.99 PC

Steel book looks awesome shame there is no PC one it would have been a pre-order still maybe I will be able to hold off long enough for a goty with all the dlc edition

HMV (in Chester at least) have advertised in the window that if you trade in either Forza 4 or RAGE you can get Batman for 99p.

I'm fairly sure it was the one with the Tshirt and other goodies too.

If you can get RAGE for £30 from some places or have completed it and yet to trade it in could be a steal.

Think it said the deal was good until the 28th, but not positive.

Some Americans have been selling DLC codes on ebay. The Robin code alone is selling for $25. It seems some people are desperate.

bread's done
Back