Has anyone gotten ios 5 working yet? (iPod or iPhone)

It's because everyone and their mother is downloading it. Make sure you've got the newest version of iTunes installed and give it a shot later tonight. It's a pretty big file (650-700MB, I believe).

I just finished updating my ipad. Got an error on first try during the restore step, tried again and it worked fine.

So just keep trying or wait a while for the servers to not be so hammered.

Got it on my iPod Touch 4th gen finally. The servers are swamped. If you get a 3200 range error, it's because the servers are too busy to verify the IPSW file. Just keep trying I guess.

The new notification center is nice, as is the over the air sync, and the fact you can now use the iPod while it syncs is cool.

I did notice email retrieval is a bit sluggish for some reason now.

Have it, it makes everything faster. from just typing a text to playing a move on words with friends. STELLAR.

Downloaded and installed iOS 5 tonight. I can't receive texts anymore. It keeps telling me my SMS mailbox is full (didn't know this was possible?) and that I need to delete some texts. Well...I deleted a ton of full conversations, and still could not receive texts. The only way for my texts to come in is for me to restart my phone. I can send fine, but cannot receive without the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm using a 3GS by the way. Hopefully not a big deal...as my 4S is due in the mail on Friday.

I had to DL it overnight - it took hours and hours and hours but it was installed when I woke up this morning. I can't tell the difference other than there being even MORE undeletable icons now. So annoying. Why would they split up "iPod" into "Videos" and "Music"? More clutter. Ugh.

For anyone that has iPod touch did you notice they removed the battery percentage indicator? When no option to toggle it in/off either, does this piss anyone else off?

[quote name='TheRock88']The Touch never came with a battery percentage indicator. It's only for iPhones and iPads.[/QUOTE]

The newest model, 32 gb iPod touch which I have, and has always been legit (no hacks all apple software) came with the battery percentage indicator right out of the box, and was now taken away with this update.

[quote name='Mattx510']The newest model, 32 gb iPod touch which I have, and has always been legit (no hacks all apple software) came with the battery percentage indicator right out of the box, and was now taken away with this update.[/QUOTE]

Go to settings -> general -> usage -> battery setting on. Problem solved.

[quote name='kill3r7']Go to settings -> general -> usage -> battery setting on. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

That's what I had been doing, until iOS 5. They removed that battery option (to toggle percentage on/off) entirely, it's nowhere to be found in any menu/sub menu in the settings anymore.

I have an iPhone 4 so it's still on mine. You should probably stop by the apple store.

EDIT: After doing some research on google I found out that the iPod Touch never had the battery indicator as was stated by TheRock. So I'm not sure how you got the battery indicator in the first place.

[quote name='kill3r7']EDIT: After doing some research on google I found out that the iPod Touch never had the battery indicator as was stated by TheRock. So I'm not sure how you got the battery indicator in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I have the newest version too (or had since the 5th gen just came out) and every gen of the iPod Touch never came with a battery indicator.

[quote name='TheRock88']Exactly, I have the newest version too (or had since the 5th gen just came out) and every gen of the iPod Touch never came with a battery indicator.[/QUOTE]

Damn that is weird, cause I definitly had it, and don't anymore I wish I knew what happened lol.

Ok I just read a forum post over at Macrumors and apparently if you had a restore point using an iPhone and had the battery indicator on, then you just restore that on your Touch and it will give you the battery indicator.

bread's done
Back