anyone getting a vita?

AzGoat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I was thinking about getting a vita when it comes out but wounder if i should wait to see if they come out with any limited edition vita's ?

I'll get one at launch if there will be an adapter that let's you use PSPgo accessories on it and the ability to use a Dual Shock 3 the way the PSPgo can use it. I got a PSPgo dock awhile back and the A/V composite cables for cheap.

I've had mine pre-ordered through Amazon since the summer (wifi version). I got an email this past week that the release date is now April 4th, so I would guess any special edition wouldn't come out until Christmas 2012 season unless it gets off to a very slow start like the 3DS.

I'm on the fence. I always buy these handhelds and never play them. I find myself playing consoles more, and when I am out and about never have the chance to play a handheld. I barely touched my PSP and my DSiXL but I am trying to rectify that, I am trying to get more into handhelds because I know I want the Vita and will most likely breakdown and buy it.

a new handheld? that means I have $200 to save by waiting a year for the slim version, and when all the actually good games are being released.

Do you have to play monthly for the Internet anywhere 3G version?

I'm big on handhelds as I travel a lot, and I'd probably play it at home and on the road.

Most definitely. I pre-ordered mine through Amazon right after it when up for pre-order. Already have it paid off too with credit. Going to be picking up Uncharted and Hot Shots Golf right away, and hoping to chain some kmart coupons together for other games if they happen to run good deals.

I'm still not sure what to do but i think i'll be getting it because after I get my five games from best buy i'll have enough RZ points to get one almost for free. I love my psp and has the orginal from day and traded up for the MGS big boss but i don't play it much. But I think that might change with the uncharted coming out. But its set for a april date?

In for one, had my pre-order on it since July and only $50 to pay off the pre-order for the console. Looking to pickup Gravity Rush and probably Uncharted at release.

I'm definitely getting one. I switched over to the GO a while ago and have tons of content on my account. Even if there was no VITA software that appealed to me (there is) it would be worth it just to play my games on a bigger, nicer screen AND get at that double stick action for the few PS1 games that support it.

[quote name='coolz481']I've had mine pre-ordered through Amazon since the summer (wifi version). I got an email this past week that the release date is now April 4th, so I would guess any special edition wouldn't come out until Christmas 2012 season unless it gets off to a very slow start like the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I preordered it 6/9/11 and recently got an email that said the release date is now 3/31/12 and my expected delivery date is 4/6/12-4/11/12. I'm happy if they spend the extra time developing games and improving the hardware, no rush.

Only way I'll be an early adopter is if the functionality with the PS3 is awesome. I really want one, but being an early adopter NEVER pays off.

[quote name='Kilvas09']I really want one, but being an early adopter NEVER pays off.[/QUOTE]

Thats not always true. The early PSP used Sharp screen that was superior to the Samsung screen they used later on

[quote name='62t']Thats not always true. The early PSP used Sharp screen that was superior to the Samsung screen they used later on[/QUOTE]

Among other things.

Assuming the world doesn't end I'll buy the new system when the price lowers and there is an abundance of quality software.

I've had one pre-ordered at Amazon since they announced pre-orders. I'm really looking forward to it. I've always loved handhelds and having PS3 level graphics in one just seems insane to me. Haven't pre-ordered any games or accessories but I'm thinking Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and maybe Hot Shots. I'm just glad the lineup is looking good especially when compared to what the 3DS has offered thus far.

preordered it from amazon.com with ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 and hot shots golf

probably going to get gravity daze shortly after it's available. If the 3g bundle had come with any other game BUT little deviants, i would have probably picked it up. I love that this handheld is getting some fighting game love

Going for the First Edition Bundle, the hard pouch looks like the Hori one i got for my PSP-2001 model. Definitely getting Uncharted + Wipeout on the get go wish i know when they are releasing Gravity Rush want that more then the others.

I'm leaning towards no, especially at launch now. I was watching some youtube videos on the Vita and noticed that the Vita and the PSP Go USB data cable looks the same.

That got my hopes up that the PSP Go accessories will work on the Vita.

Then I saw the official Vita thread here and it said at the bottom of the Q&A that the Vita will not have TV output like the other PSP models. I was so going to use a PSP Go dock and the PSP Go A/V out cable to connect my future Vita to a TV instead of buying the Vita versions.

I'll probably cop one a little later in the year once some more games come out for it that interest me. As it stands, there isnt a whole lot at launch that I'm eager to play.

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon back when it was first announced over the summer. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm also a sucker for Hot Shots Golf and Ridge Racer games.

[quote name='manalive']Anyone get to demo the Vita yet?[/QUOTE]

I fussed with it at E3. Gorgeous display. Solid controls. Wasn't sold on the rear touch-control, not quite as intuitive as the front screen touch-control, but that's probably already changed.

A good number of hands-on articles cropping up (gameinformer and such), so they'll give a much better idea of the final Japanese hardware.

[quote name='Setzer']Pre-ordered mine from Amazon back when it was first announced over the summer. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm also a sucker for Hot Shots Golf and Ridge Racer games.[/QUOTE]
DO NOT pay full price for Ridge Racer. It's completely stripped down. I believe I hear there were 3 tracks and 5 cars, the rest will be released as paid DLC...

I want one, but the disappointing Japanese launch has me a little worried. Assuming, sales take off in the next 2 months, I'll be more likely to get one. I really want this system to be successful and for there to be healthy competition between it and the 3DS.

I want one, but will wait to see if it is anything like the PSP, which collected dust the whole 3 years I had it due to ports of PS2/PS3 games. I was always playing my DS.

[quote name='juanawoman']I want one, but will wait to see if it is anything like the PSP, which collected dust the whole 3 years I had it due to ports of PS2/PS3 games. I was always playing my DS.[/QUOTE]

Basically this. If the game library is anything like the PSP, I'll be skipping it.

[quote name='Kylearan']I fussed with it at E3. Gorgeous display. Solid controls. Wasn't sold on the rear touch-control, not quite as intuitive as the front screen touch-control, but that's probably already changed.

A good number of hands-on articles cropping up (gameinformer and such), so they'll give a much better idea of the final Japanese hardware.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? I work for a company associated with Sony, and we're setting up Vita social clubs before launch. We already got one going in San Francisco and people really liked it, so we're moving more clubs to more big cities (MIA, L.A., etc). You go in and order a specific experience based on specific features of the console. And it's in a group setting, so it's pretty cool.

We also have mall demos in smaller cities that are ending on Friday

[quote name='manalive']Where do you live? I work for a company associated with Sony, and we're setting up Vita social clubs before launch. We already got one going in San Francisco and people really liked it, so we're moving more clubs to more big cities (MIA, L.A., etc). You go in and order a specific experience based on specific features of the console. And it's in a group setting, so it's pretty cool.

We also have mall demos in smaller cities that are ending on Friday[/QUOTE]

Any chance of Buffalo, NY (or Niagara Falls) getting a demo? Would love to get my hands on one before release.

[quote name='SynGamer']Any chance of Buffalo, NY (or Niagara Falls) getting a demo? Would love to get my hands on one before release.[/QUOTE]

There will be one in NY, but I'm not sure on the exact location. It should be released soon on the official Playstation blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/) when it gets closer to opening, which is in early-to-mid January.

I've been considering it, I'm kind of a sucker for handheld consoles. Although I'm still not sure if I want the wifi only or 3G version. I worry i might be missing out on features or future things without the 3G. But maybe not.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Basically this. If the game library is anything like the PSP, I'll be skipping it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I think the PSP library is very good overall, particularly if you like RPGs, strategy RPGs, platformers, and '80s/'90s arcade collections. The weakness would be FPS, I suppose, but I personally don't care for those games, so I don't give it much thought.

What kinds of games do people want on portables that aren't on there currently?

[quote name='coolz481']I don't know, I think the PSP library is very good overall, particularly if you like RPGs, strategy RPGs, platformers, and '80s/'90s arcade collections. The weakness would be FPS, I suppose, but I personally don't care for those games, so I don't give it much thought.

What kinds of games do people want on portables that aren't on there currently?[/QUOTE]

More western RPGs...that's what I want. Fallout? I would be instantly sold.

[quote name='coolz481']I don't know, I think the PSP library is very good overall, particularly if you like RPGs, strategy RPGs, platformers, and '80s/'90s arcade collections. The weakness would be FPS, I suppose, but I personally don't care for those games, so I don't give it much thought.

What kinds of games do people want on portables that aren't on there currently?[/QUOTE]Just more original stuff you can't find anywhere else. Now I know DS had sequels, but it had original stuff too, like Professor Layton, Hotel Dusk, 999, and Elite Beat Agents.

Vita is off to a good start in that aspect with Gravity Rush and Escape Plan

[quote name='juanawoman']Just more original stuff you can't find anywhere else. Now I know DS had sequels, but it had original stuff too, like Professor Layton, Hotel Dusk, 999, and Elite Beat Agents.

Vita is off to a good start in that aspect with Gravity Rush and Escape Plan[/QUOTE]

PSP has original stuff like Corpse Party, Every Extra Extended, Echochrome, Loco Roco, and Patapone.

bread's done
Back