Mirror's Edge $9.99 New Online

I liked it a lot. I only played through it once but thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually got the achievement for not shooting any enemies in it which I thought was pretty cool

This was my first game on PS3 I bothered platinuming. Incredibly fun, really easy to pick up and play, but lots of replay value in the time trials and harder difficulties. Definitely worth the $10.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Hmm heard mixed reviews. Anyone care to weigh in?[/QUOTE]
It's awesome. Anybody who says it isn't hates fun. And if for some reason you're still on the fence, there's a demo on XBLA.

I didn't play enough but it kind of gave me a little motion sickness. It's a pretty cool concept though and I do plan to go back to it eventually.

I would have probably preferred it be a third person game, but then I guess it wouldn't seem as original or "immersive". There is a clunky PC mod for that I know.

[quote name='htown01']Nice thanks spedmunki :) Bought 1. Don't forget to use the Entertainment Free Shipping.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the free shipping thing, is it a code?

EDIT: NM. Google search FTW. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I've been looking to get this for quite a while. This is most definitely my favorite game ever.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Hmm heard mixed reviews. Anyone care to weigh in?[/QUOTE]

It's not perfect, but I would say it's one of the best - and certainly most original - games I've played on the 360. I don't see how you can go wrong at 10 bucks.

I actually played this demo for the first time earlier this week and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up, I got my order placed with the Entertainment Free Shipping deal. :)

I wouldn't waste your time with this one. Sure it's got some interesting mechanics initially, but then it all becomes extremely repetitive and the physics aren't always consistent. $10 is cheap, but it's the 6-8 hours you'll never get back that hurts.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Hmm heard mixed reviews. Anyone care to weigh in?

Oh and used prices being higher is nothing new to BBY.[/QUOTE]

Meh, bought it $10 used a while ago. I didn't think it was as great as everyone says but it's still enjoyable. Pretty short too.

It depends on how you play it. If you want a nice story with lots of action sequences, you won't find it here. The story mode is basically a 3 hour tutorial. The game is built around time trials, and those are designed perfectly. You'll be playing those far more than the story mode, and they are far more fun. If you don't like that kind of thing, stay away from the game. If you are, do yourself a favor and download the map pack as well. It costs as much as the game, but can easily double the playtime.

[quote name='FallenCow']I wouldn't waste your time with this one. Sure it's got some interesting mechanics initially, but then it all becomes extremely repetitive and the physics aren't always consistent. $10 is cheap, but it's the 6-8 hours you'll never get back that hurts.[/QUOTE]

this. :applause:

[quote name='FallenCow']I wouldn't waste your time with this one. Sure it's got some interesting mechanics initially, but then it all becomes extremely repetitive and the physics aren't always consistent. $10 is cheap, but it's the 6-8 hours you'll never get back that hurts.[/QUOTE]

:/

It does become repetitive, but only if you let it. The trick is not just taking the obvious routes. The story is a bit cliché, but, like the guy above the guy above me said, the time trials are where its at.

Can't wait for ME2 (in like... 2015 or some shiz... fml).

I would say the complete opposite, you really can't go wrong for $10 with this game. It's one of the most original games of this generation and at 6-8 hours it's just about the right length. The only problem with the game is when they try to turn it into a more conventional FPS, it doesn't really work with the parkour mechanic.

Awesome game and one of the keepers. The game is a bit old but for it's time and even now... wel....l as I said just awesome.

The game is a lot of fun. It's not a game to keep and go through multiple times, but definitely worth it at this price.

One of my favorite games. Quite a challenge on the hardest difficulty when trying not to use any weapons. I only played the storyline, I didn't even touch the time trials.

Very hopeful for a ME2.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Such a underrated classic. Ive been praying for a part 2 for a few years now. Just hole the story is much better if they make another one[/QUOTE]ask & you may receive even with poor sales
http://www.google.com/search?q=mirr....,cf.osb&fp=bc10a23150ae866b&biw=1366&bih=525

I'm surprised that people haven't already scored this title for $5-$10 already the $20 MSRP games are classic bogo or 50-75% off clearance/budget type deals. But it's a good game though

It's kind of annoying that anybody would imply this isn't a good buy at 10 bucks.

The story and single player campaign were good, the replay value, with the speed runs and time trials, and even finding the bags, was great imo.

And yes, the 'combat' wasn't good. Which is like saying that the jumping in Oblivion stunk.

I really liked the game, but no way would I ever complete the time trials. There are a bunch of tricky jumps that you have to do over and over if you mess up.

Didn't care for the demo much but I try to support "out there" games but hearing people complain about motion sickness means I have to pass on this one. I suffer from horrendous motion sickness from a lot of polygonal 3D games making the last couple gens less fun for me but I manage okay sometimes. My motion sickness put a quick end to my inFAMOUS 2 run which I am terribly saddened by. I put it at the bottom of the backlog in the hopes I can try to complete it again someday. I loved the first one but for some reason the new one made me ill. :(

Definitly pick this one up if you're on the fence about it. Mirror's Edge is one of the few games in my collection that surpasses some of the AAA games as far as originality and gameplay goes. The story may not be the most interesting but gamplay is awesome (Nothing like wall running and then kicking someone in the face). Just the mere fact that there is no strict way to complete some of the time trails and single player levels in the game is just amazing. I mean I have beat the game at least 5 times and I still hop on youtube seeing people run through levels in ways I have never even thought of. I think it really depends on how you take the game, if you play through it with an open mind you get so much out of the levels, but if you think about it as 'let me beat this game real quick' or 'short story=achievement/trophies' you will be missing out big time.

I can only play this one in short bursts sense it gives me motion sickness. Only other PS3 game that did that was Infamous.

[quote name='spedmunki']Not sure if this is a glitch or already posted, but Mirror's Edge (X360) is listed new for $9.99 on the Best Buy website, which is funny because it's listed at $14.99 for a pre-owned copy....
[/QUOTE]

The game is 3 years old. Still fun though. I picked up my used PS3 copy from Amazon for $6 last year.

I got this like $8 used a few weeks ago $10 new is a great price, I highly suggest people pick this up. I mean the games short and the story isn't great but the gameplay is just totally different from other games and really fun.

[quote name='XF Gator']The game is 3 years old. Still fun though. I picked up my used PS3 copy from Amazon for $6 last year.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the fact that a NEW copy costs less than a USED copy online.

Never really played through the campaign, but doing the time trials through the levels is SO much fun! A no-brainer for $10.

bread's done
Back