Peanuts Deluxe Holiday Collection (Ultimate Collector's Edition) Amazon Blu-ray DotW

I've been waiting for a deal on these; they are all such classics. I shall have to get the set while it's cheap.

I would only want the big 3 (great pumpkin/thanksgiving/Christmas). The second Christmas one is horrible, and I don't think I've ever seen the last 2 listed. $30 for the 3 I'm interested in is kinda steep. If they included the new year's one I'd probably bite - it seems like I never see that one.

[quote name='Scorch']I want this, but the collector in me wants the individual releases.[/QUOTE]

Collectors usually prefer to own the nicer box set versions rather than separate releases, which are perceived as not as nice.

[quote name='argyle']I would only want the big 3 (great pumpkin/thanksgiving/Christmas). The second Christmas one is horrible, and I don't think I've ever seen the last 2 listed. $30 for the 3 I'm interested in is kinda steep. If they included the new year's one I'd probably bite - it seems like I never see that one.[/QUOTE]

That's what these are - the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas specials on Blu-Ray. Each disc has a bonus special like the second Christmas one you mentioned, but they're just bonus material.

PeanutsDlxHolidayCollectionUCE_ad.jpg

I love these! In fact I love the It's the Great Pumpkn so much I recently secured this sweet lithograph of it. 18 x 24, signed by Artist Tom Whalen, in an edition of 280:

It%25E2%2580%2599s+the+Great+Pumpkin%252C+Charlie+Brown+-+by+Tom+Whalen.png

Well I'm hoping I got one. They sold out super quickly and they're still processing all orders and awaiting shipment, but they confirmed I ordered on time. I love it so

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief.

If I'd seen this a few months ago, I'd have been all over it. But recently my wife and I saw It's the Great Pumpkin and I couldn't have been more disappointed (nay, embarrassed) watching it, especially after I'd talked it up with so many great memories I had.

Very quickly crossed it off the "cartoons to show my child" list.

Might be a great deal on Blu, but I highly recommend watching any of these in standard format before shelling out for them.

[quote name='Kylearan']Good grief.

If I'd seen this a few months ago, I'd have been all over it. But recently my wife and I saw It's the Great Pumpkin and I couldn't have been more disappointed (nay, embarrassed) watching it, especially after I'd talked it up with so many great memories I had.

Might be a great deal on Blu, but I highly recommend watching any of these in standard format before shelling out for them.[/QUOTE]

Nothing that you are saying is any good. You are dead to me now.

But here are some professional reviews, just so's you know that a lot of people do think that special holds up well:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3489/greatpumpkin_charlie_brown.html
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Its-The-Great-Pumpkin-Charlie-Brown-Blu-ray/11870/#Review

[quote name='eastx']Nothing that you are saying is any good. You are dead to me now.

But here are some professional reviews, just so's you know that a lot of people do think that special holds up well:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3489/greatpumpkin_charlie_brown.html
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Its-The-Great-Pumpkin-Charlie-Brown-Blu-ray/11870/#Review[/QUOTE]

To each their own. I'd just hate for someone to buy them without remembering them very well, getting them and being disappointed - which is what would have happened to me.

Which is the opposite of what happened for me with the Transformers Movie - I hated it as a child, but enjoy it as an adult. Go figure.

I wish this set was more complete. I would have liked to see the Easter Beagle as well as I want a dog for Christmas specials included. The latter being one of my favs (I

I got this earlier this year from Warehouse Deals for $16.99. The box was a bit beat up but otherwise brand-new. It is pretty sweet seeing these remastered in HD. But the price I paid was about what I would want to spend on this set. It is nice though.

So glad I never got around to buying the plain old dvd holiday bundle I saw at Wal-mart a few years ago. Pretty sure it only had 3 of the movies in it as well. Ordered, thanks OP!

Wtf...no one has an unboxing video for this collection..I wanted to see the globe and how the movies were packaged.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I love these! In fact I love the It's the Great Pumpkn so much I recently secured this sweet lithograph of it. 18 x 24, signed by Artist Tom Whalen, in an edition of 280:

It%25E2%2580%2599s+the+Great+Pumpkin%252C+Charlie+Brown+-+by+Tom+Whalen.png

Well I'm hoping I got one. They sold out super quickly and they're still processing all orders and awaiting shipment, but they confirmed I ordered on time. I love it so

[quote name='Nesmaster75']That poster is beautiful... I wonder if they'll do something like that for the Christmas special. Out of curiosity, how much did that go for? If it's anything like Mondo posters, it'll be on ebay for triple the price haha.[/QUOTE]

It was $50 + $11 shipping, and yeah I see some on ebay going for double that already. There was also a purple variant which I love even more but it was $100 and I couldn't justify spending double just for the color change. You can see that one here

Got an email today from the seller saying that they may start shipping them out on Friday so hopefully I do get it in time for Halloween. Not a big deal though, I'll probably have it hanging up year round since I love it so much lol

[quote name='Kylearan']Good grief.

Might be a great deal on Blu, but I highly recommend watching any of these in standard format before shelling out for them.[/QUOTE]

It's a cartoon made 45 years ago. An icon, a classic. Why would you be embarrassed and how did your wife not see it before now as it's on every year?

[quote name='mitch079']It's a cartoon made 45 years ago. An icon, a classic. Why would you be embarrassed and how did your wife not see it before now as it's on every year?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the fact that she's from South America (Uruguay) might have something to do with it.

Different values...and because of those two things, for her there was no sense of nostalgia. And mine, which I hoped to feel, just wasn't there.

My feeling watching it went from "wow, I thought this was so much better" to "why on earth am I...are we...watching this?"

Some things just don't hold the test of time for all of us. Some things stay pretty much the same. And some get better. All pretty relative.

bread's done
Back