Extra Life Charity/Donation Raffle- Donate $5 get a game/guide! Free entry methods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomdud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
237 (100%)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299750

[quote name='randomdud']Bump- decided to change some of the rules/update the prize list before people donate.

1. Additional Prize unlocks now occur at every 100$, not 250$. Each additional unlock is a game from a value of 10$ starting at 10$ going to 50, then jumping up to 60$ as a grand prize if we hit 1000. The games can be purchased from Amazon, Steam, eBay, and most retail stores as well.

2. Up to 2 Raffle entries can also be earned by posting the contest elsewhere on other sites, forums, etc. [I require a link to the post]

3. Liking either of the last few status updates and spreading them around on facebook will also net you an entry. [Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001 ]

4. Twitter retweets/mentions in conjunction with the giveaway net you an additional entry as well. [Link: http://twitter.com/#!/ObsidianSpy]

5. Donations still have the $1= $1 raffle entry, but if you choose to donate more than 5$ at a time, you get your choice of 1 used game from the remaining list for every 5$ donated. All new games/items are permanently in the raffle. [Link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=501&participantID=28107]

6. Bumping this thread- will give you one free entry into the raffle as well, so please bump.

7. Last but not least, donating a game to the raffle will net you at least 5 entries if not more, depending upon the condition and game, so please send me PM's about potential donations.[/QUOTE]

OK, here's the prize list and the rules for people who participate in the 2nd chance of Extra Life.

My link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...e.participant&eventID=501&participantID=28107

Contest rules:
My Donors: Every $1 you donate to my page = 1 raffle entry
CAG Team Members who participate: Every $10 you raise = 1 raffle entry
Everyone will be contacted one at a time by random order, and each person will get to pick one (1) prize from what ever is left at the time. AFTER we've gone through everyone in one round, all other prizes will be given out randomly to donors/members.
NOTE: As long as there are more prizes than there are donors and fundraisers, each CAG Team member and each one of my donors will win at least one item each.

[quote name='randomdud']Bump- decided to change some of the rules/update the prize list before people donate.

1. Additional Prize unlocks now occur at every 100$, not 250$. Each additional unlock is a game from a value of 5$ starting at 5$ going to 45, then jumping up to 60$ as a grand prize if we hit 1000. The games can be purchased from Amazon, Steam, eBay, and most retail stores as well.

2. Up to 2 Raffle entries can also be earned by posting the contest elsewhere on other sites, forums, etc. [I require a link to the post]

3. Liking either of the last few status updates and spreading them around on facebook will also net you an entry. [Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001 ]

4. Twitter retweets/mentions in conjunction with the giveaway net you an additional entry as well. [Link: http://twitter.com/#!/ObsidianSpy]

5. Donations still have the $1= $1 raffle entry, but if you choose to donate more than 5$ at a time, you get your choice of 1 used game from the remaining list for every 5$ donated. All new games/items are permanently in the raffle. [Link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=501&participantID=28107]

6. Bumping this thread- will give you one free entry into the raffle as well, so please bump.

7. Last but not least, donating a game to the raffle will net you at least 5 entries if not more, depending upon the condition and game, so please send me PM's about potential donations.[/QUOTE]

Prize list (Most of these items are used, but in good/great condition; if not specified please assume they are used)
PRIZE UNLOCKS: NOTHING SPECIAL

SWAG I'm giving away:

Sims 3 swag keychain
NGE: Angelic Days Manga - Spoken for
Game Informer Collection- 163,165,166,171,177, 180, 181, 182, 183, 186, 169, 188
- Spoken For

DS STUFF I'm giving away

Glory of Heracles NDS New/Sealed- Spoken for
Nintendo DS Headset (new)

PS1/PS2/PS3 STUFF I'm giving away:

Dragon QUest VIIII: Journey of the Cursed King PS2 x 2 (1 of which is just the game in a plastic case)- 1 spoken for
PS2 GH God Of War

Tomb Raider Underworld PS3 NEW/Sealed
Kingdom Hearts 1 PS2- Spoken For
PS1 Chrono Cross BL- mikehaggar99 winner
PS2 Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal- Spoken For
PS2 Crash Tag Team Racing- Spoken For
PS2 Beyond Good and Evil- kburns10 winner
PS2 Beyond Good and Evil- Spoken for
PS2 Driv3r- Spoken For
PS2 Tomb Raider Legend- Spoken For
PS2 Lego Star Wars 1- Spoken For
PS2 Crash Nitro Kart- Spoken For
PS2 Madden 2004- Spoken For
PS2 Crash Wrath of Cortex- Spoken For
PS2 Midnight Club 3: DUB Remix- Spoken For
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 GH- Case is messed up- Spoken For
PS1 Tekken 2- Spoken For
Parasite Eve PS1- mikehaggar99 winner
Final Fantasy 8 PS1 GH- Spoken For
GH Resident Evil 4 PS2- Spoken For
Red Faction 2 PS2 - Spoken For
Genji Dawn of the Samurai PS2- Spoken For
Metal Gear Acid PSP- Spoken For

Xbox/ Xbox 360 Games I'm giving away:

XBox Forza Motorsport

Nintendo Gamecube/ Wii Games I'm giving away:

Pikmin GCN - Just disc

PC Games I'm giving away:

Painkiller Black PC- New/Sealed

Game Boy stuff I'm giving away:

Hudson Hawk GB

Game guides I'm giving away:

Red Steel 2 New
Tron: Evolution New
Zelda Spirit Tracks New- Spoken For
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Left 4 Dead 2 New
Star Wars Battlefront 1
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Modnation Racers- brand new but unsealed x2
Ratchet Deadlocked
Starfox Assault
Jak X

Sincerely,
Obsidian Spire/ randomdud

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just realized that donations are open till November, so that's interesting stuff. I'll probably have to give away half the stuff on the day of my gaming and the other half after the floodgates close. How do you guys think it should work?

BTW, if I hit some milestones I'll add more games to the giveaway. If I hit 250$ I add one 20$ or less game of your choice shipped to one lucky winner via Amazon; 500, one 30$ or less game via Amazon; 750, one 45$ game via Amazon; and if I hit my goal- one 60$ game via Amazon. Sounds good? Note: at each checkpoint, that particular prize is unlocked; not you only unlock one.

Bump- decided to change some of the rules/update the prize list before people donate.

1. Additional Prize unlocks now occur at every 100$, not 250$. Each additional unlock is a game from a value of 5$ starting at 5$ going to 45, then jumping up to 60$ as a grand prize if we hit 1000. The games can be purchased from Amazon, Steam, eBay, and most retail stores as well.

3. Liking either of the last two status updates and spreading them around on facebook will also net you an entry. [Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001]

5. Donations still have the $1= $1 raffle entry, but if you choose to donate more than 5$ at a time, you get your choice of 1 used game from the remaining list for every $5 donated. All new games/items are permanently in the raffle. [Link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm....participant&eventID=501&participantID=28107]

7. Last but not least, donating a game to the raffle will net you at least 5 entries if not more, depending upon the condition and game, so please send me PM's about potential donations.

Got my first donation- thanks so much! As a result of his donation being more than $5, kburns10 got his choice of any of the used games/swag items on the prize list. Great way to help charity out and get some good games. :D

[quote name='Puppet Master']Bump and tweeted as PuppetMasterXB not sure of how to provide a direct link to it though.[/QUOTE]
You don't need to provide a direct link for a retweet, so don't worry.

[quote name='randomdud']You don't need to provide a direct link for a retweet, so don't worry.[/QUOTE]

Ok just found a relevant one and retweeted it. Like the image you got on there by the way really into grim reaper imagery for some reason.:cool:

So it's almost the time where I start gaming. Once I start gaming, I will be broadcasting a ustream of the full 24 hours as well as hosting a skype chatroom. My Skype username is obsidianspire. During my ustream, I will be doing several special prizes that only people watching the ustream and who do certain tasks will be eligible for.

Example: 1 copy of Dungeon Defenders Preorder on Steam is up for grabs for one lucky person sometime in that 24 hours. Once the chatroom is ready, I'll post a link and start gaming. I will periodically check my skype to add new users to the call and I will have a few friends as admins in the chat room for when I'm too braindead to care.

P.S. Post 1111 was just passed D:

So my ustream had maybe 20 people total watching, which is a waste of my bandwidth when trying to game online, and I decided to cancel the extra prizes just for watchers. They will be going to the donation raffle area as well.

So after my 24 hours of gaming, I slept the whole freaking day pretty much. I read a little, slept, ate, and slept again. Was a productive day. xD

Bump- no one else wants to donate and get some games or guides? $5 per all used games and guides (new/used).

If no one wants to donate, I might just have to give the rest of these games to goodwill after the initial raffle. :/

Bump and tweeted as PuppetMasterXB not sure of how to provide a direct link to it though.
22.gif

[quote name='careboy']Bump and tweeted as PuppetMasterXB not sure of how to provide a direct link to it though.
22.gif
[/QUOTE]
Lol wut? Did you just copy paste someone else's post?

[quote name='careboy']Bump and tweeted as PuppetMasterXB not sure of how to provide a direct link to it though.
22.gif
[/QUOTE]

fail2.jpg

Also BUMP for you and retweeted as Kburns2406

free bump for you my man.. can you clarify the rules a little? the prize unlocks and what not. just a little confused here, ha :)

also, was going to like your posts on FB and the link is dead :( don't have twitter.

[quote name='unitedvandalism']free bump for you my man.. can you clarify the rules a little? the prize unlocks and what not. just a little confused here, ha :)

also, was going to like your posts on FB and the link is dead :( don't have twitter.[/QUOTE]
I just clicked the link to facebook and it took me to the right page, but here's another link for you if that first one's somehow dead. Just like some of the posts related to the charity raffle and whatnot for a free entry.

Link to facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001

As for the rules, I don't think I'm going to be earning enough to have prize unlocks, so that's a moot point. However, should a miracle occur and the donations start pouring in, prizes would unlock every $100. It would be a game of your choice from Amazon, ebay, etc. under a specific value for every unlock.

I tweeted and liked your posts :D

Also, going to check my paypal to see if I can make a donation.

I know these are for raffle tickets, how often do you draw a name from the pot? What happens when you get a name, they pick something from the list?

Also, are the gameinformers all one lot, and is the manga just one volume?

Lol, sorry for so many questions. I'll check my paypal in a few.

[quote name='unitedvandalism']I tweeted and liked your posts :D

Also, going to check my paypal to see if I can make a donation.

I know these are for raffle tickets, how often do you draw a name from the pot? What happens when you get a name, they pick something from the list?

Also, are the gameinformers all one lot, and is the manga just one volume?

Lol, sorry for so many questions. I'll check my paypal in a few.[/QUOTE]

Well, depending upon how much you donate, I can either draw a prize immediately or wait till the end for the full raffle. If you donate $5 or more, then you can choose from part of the prize list immediately and I'll ship out as soon as possible. Donating $5 or more also nets you raffle entries for the later raffle where you can pick from the full prize list.

The Game Informers are all in one lot and the manga is just one volume. I don't think it's the starting volume, though. Don't remember where I got it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back