[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
YMMV

10/21 Update:
[ I went to the store again today and found a few new games while some games were no longer available. Though I believed this would be a franchise-wide clearance, it may not be despite SHC's comments. He hasn't posted a clearance list since this past Tuesday, so for now, we'll have to just assume it's regional or this location only. Sorry if anyone went too far off, but as so often is necessary, YMMV was in the post from the get-go. ]

I saw a ton of games there, too many to remember and list. That Dead Space 2 LE comes with Extraction by the way. As always, YMMV. I went in to pick up Arkham City with the $30 GC and ended up buying four other games too. NOTE: Some of the games were GH versions and some had stickers with 19.99 and all, but most of the games had no stickers or any markings at all on the shrink-wrap.

Bronx, NY - Bay Plaza

Here are some others I remember:
Added Games for 10/21
Bulletstorm (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (360)

Crackdown
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)
Medal of Honor
Resistance 1
Resistance 2 (not GH)
Killzone 2 (GH)
DJ Hero (game only, all systems)
Brutal Legend
God of War Collection
Halo 3 ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GotY (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Fable III
The Beatles: Rock Band
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Band Hero
Dead Space 2 LE
Heavy Rain

Lonegunman718 reported:
saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad on GOW coll
resistance 1/2 dual pack was $15 several times at BB,
Brutal Legend can be had for $5-$7 @ TRU when they have the 25%-50% off clearance deals
I think there's a heavy rain/move bundle coming

[quote name='Enuf']not bad on GOW coll
Brutal Legend can be had for $5-$7 @ TRU when they have the 25%-50% off clearance deals
I think there's a heavy rain/move bundle coming[/QUOTE]
My best score yet was PS3 Brutal Legend for $.97 at Sears,haha.I may have to check out K Mart though.

hmm, I'll have to check this out when I go to kmart tomorrow. I wonder if birth by sleep has been reduced at all. Been wanting to play that

[quote name='Enuf']not bad on GOW coll
I think there's a heavy rain/move bundle coming[/QUOTE]

I've already got resistance 1 :/

my kmart is in the ghetto area, but I shall make a trip there tonight after work. wish me luck. (as in not getting stabbed).

[quote name='kouleefoh']my kmart is in the ghetto area, but I shall make a trip there tonight after work. wish me luck. (as in not getting stabbed).[/QUOTE]

Aren't they all?

All I saw was bioshock 2 for 10 bucks I scanned a few like gow collection and resistance 2 but they were stop 29.99. May be ymmv although they were all gh packaging so that may be why

[quote name='thakingrocka']Aren't they all?[/QUOTE]

I am fortunate to have 2 that are not...but the third one...um don't go to that one...

0_o whoa at those prices, will have to check a kmart, too bad they are far , to the train! haha

quick question , can you play dead space extraction without a ps move?

I could try to get heavy rain for this price as I want to buy that masterpiece again for my collection. Oh and buy the resistance games as they are some of the best ps3 games out there !

[quote name='theking20']0_o whoa at those prices, will have to check a kmart, too bad they are far , to the train! haha

quick question , can you play dead space extraction without a ps move?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the controller works and uses motion control there may be a demo on Psn still if you wanna try it

[quote name='monkeymanofmars']Yes, the controller works and uses motion control there may be a demo on Psn still if you wanna try it[/QUOTE]

Dead Space Extraction works without move controls, but it wasn't fun at all for me without them. Move controls pretty much make the game IMO.

[quote name='kouleefoh']my kmart is in the ghetto area, but I shall make a trip there tonight after work. wish me luck. (as in not getting stabbed).[/QUOTE]and just think it was Kmart who bought Sears...I would've thought it be the other way around.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortune500/sears_kmart/
The kmart's near me are old/outdated/understaffed too much electronic lockdown for the # of times there's nobody in the area to assist w/o picking up the damn customer assistance phones. Sears electronics section is all bright & open except for the ones at the malls it's like being in a glass cage.

I'm interested in Vanquish, Dead Space 2 LE and DJ Hero (if we're talking about the bundles). I'll try to head out in an hour or so and report back, but there are some nasty storms rolling through right now and I'm not sure I'll be able to tonight. :/

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']has anyone actually confirmed this or is this ymmv?[/QUOTE]

This is YMMV!

Just went to my store and scanned DS2, SW 2 and Heavy Rain and they all still came up $19.99/$29.99!

Hey OP did you use the price scanner or did it ring up at the register?

Man I really wanted this to work!!!

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is YMMV!

Just went to my store and scanned DS2, SW 2 and Heavy Rain and they all still came up $19.99/$29.99!

Man I really wanted this to work!!![/QUOTE]

Awwwwww. Disappoint.

Band Hero PS3 Bundle at my Kmart I'm almost positive was $69.99. I saw them marking down just about everything that'd been sitting around for awhile when I was there but didnt have time to wait on them to mark everything.

I think the only others I remember were Nier and Naughty Bear at $14.99 each. Sorry if that's wrong. I know there was a crap ton more I just didnt have the time to look.

The DJ Hero bundle was also clearanced but dont remember/didnt see the price on it. So probably lots of decent deals for anyone interested.

If it is like the older clearances, it may take a few days until all stores have the lower prices since some kind of markdown sheet has to be scanned for the drops to take effect. A couple of years ago, after a drop I found 1 store that had the clearance prices while another store still had the games at a higher price but eventually dropped to the lower price.

Wouldn't that guy from Kmart in the sticky post know/post about this if it wasn't YMMV? Has anyone asked him?

ymmv I scanned a few and they were regular price. I did notice the yellow tagged clearanced games were priced at a discount. (example: DMC 4 down to $14.99 from $19.99)

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is YMMV!

Man I really wanted this to work!!![/QUOTE]

I brought everything up to the register since I was buying Arkham City either way. I told the girl that if any of the games were misplaced in the 9.99 bin, then I'd have to pass on them, but they all rang up at 10 bucks.

Just got back from picking up Arkham City in Redlands, CA... they only had Bioshock 2 marked as $9.99, every other game on OPs list was $19.99, I took TFU2 up to check if it would ring up as $9.99, but no dice.

Those were $10? Please be specific if you decide to make a thread... you're saying Vanquish was $10? At mine it's $20.. so it's certainly YMMV.

Went to the Kmart/Sears in Las Vegas by Eastern and close by St. Rose Pkwy. Not much of a selection! Lots of games like Alpha Protocol for $15... Didn't find anything for $10.

[quote name='buckythekat']guess I'm going to have to visit K-Mart for the first time in....

well this decade at least

I would like Heavy Rain for $10[/QUOTE]
I wish I had waited bacause it wasn't worth the twenty I paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back