Best Buy To offer expanded Used Games Sections in Select Stores (Compete w/ Gamestop)

Jomacinrow

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/07...marketshare-launching-best-buy-gaming-stores/

From the looks of it. Best Buy will be expanding their Used Game sections and add more Video Game specific Employees to some of its Best Buy retail stores. According to the post, Best Buy wants to target some of Gamestop's Used Games market. The program also claims to offer higher trade-ins than Gamestop and 20% more for accepting Best Buy gift card that can be spend on the entire Best Buy store.

==================================================

So if I'm understanding this correct, Best Buy doesnt mass sell used games in it's stores, even though it offers trade-ins currently? Don't they ship all their accepted used games to a central location, anyway? If so, this is changing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, seeing as this article was put up on July 5th, and we are now in October it almost didn't make any sense to me. I've gone in to about 3 different Best Buys over the months and they all have been selling used games for quite a while. They also rolled out their own version of PowerUp compared to GameStop. +/-10% on trade-ins/used game sales.

Overall, their prices aren't too great and the selection is still pretty low. None the less, their trade in values are pretty damn great and I've taken advantage of them a bit. I haven't stepped in GameStop for months, and this is even more reason that I won't. Add on to the fact that you can transfer your Best Buy credit to Amazon/Pre-paid VISAs, and it's really damn good.

Eventually though, they will get their ass handed to them for offering such high values I think. I don't believe they offer a return policy on their used games neither since they're all re-shrink wrapped by them.

bread's done
Back