Assassins Creed Review

MrJasonKrueger

CAG Veteran
Assassin's Creed is a very fun game, but the story drags toward the end of the campaign.
Anyone who saw the new Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer will definitely be excited. I am one of the many people who chose to prepare for the newest installment in the AC series by playing through the other 3 games in the series. Here are my thoughts on Assassins Creed 1.

Assassin's Creed starts out addicting and fun. The controls are easy to remember, the graphics are great, and the sounds make the game truly feel alive. Scaling view points, saving citizens, and investigating around the beautifully recreating cities were just so insanely addicting to me. I loved having vigilantes on my side. I needed to have my map complete. I needed to know the full story before I kill my target. These are the feelings that the first half of Assassin's Creed give you.

Then the second half hits you. The gameplay starts to get repetitive. Climbing view points and saving citizens become boring and a chore. Even the interesting story starts to sag. Every time I stepped out of the Animus I got angry. Why did the animus even have to exist? Why couldn't it have been just a game based during the Crusades? Eventually I overcame those feelings and completed the game. Now, don't even get me started on the ending. Anticlimactic game ending at its finest.

Basically, Assassin's Creed 1 was a fun game that turned somewhat annoying due to repetitiveness and a non-existent climax. Of course, that is only my opinion, and I would love to hear yours.

My rating: 7.75 out 10 stars.

Play this game if you want to keep with the storyline. Otherwise, nothing about this game truly makes it a must play.

i do agree with you in that it's worth the play-through for the story, but i feel like a 7.75 is kind of generous. it was ridiculously repetitive (i recall there being only three to four types of missions), and the combat was fairly dull. thankfully, they improved on this in the later games.

I didn't really get into Assassin's Creed until the second game. I like Ezio far more than Altair. That, and the guards in the first game will try to kill you for just looking at them wrong.

Not to mention Altair can't swim.... Very frustrating when you're towards the end of the game at the Docks and the crazies push you off a pier.

Just playing thru it for the first time. I know it's a little behind times but I like it when these games hit rock bottom. Nice review.

It also feels like the controls could use some tweaking, I'm sure in the latest versions they've worked some of the bugs out.

i played assassin's creed 2 first..than recently got the 1 and botherhood. AC is not that great compared to the other games..it's very linear and unlike it's sequels there aren't that many things to do, like making money, trophies (ps3), collecting items to upgrade armor and gain unique items...but it has a decent story though!

[quote name='Greater Malison']Not to mention Altair can't swim.... Very frustrating when you're towards the end of the game at the Docks and the crazies push you off a pier.[/QUOTE]

Heh, i never understood that. Master assassin... Cant swim. :roll:

bread's done
Back