iphone 4s battery life

That's a bummer if true. Like the 3GS. It took a battery hit as well. Is it like the 3GS, or better than that or worse? If you know. I am considering the upgrade, but if the battery life is a lot worse than the iPhone 4 I'll reconsider.

Haven't got mine yet, but from looking into it before ordering even Apple in their specs listed some of the battery life estimates as lower than the iPhone 4.

The new processor takes more power and they didn't increase the battery capacity much at all.

Here's one study of it:

battery.png

So it's not a huge difference. Mainly the 3G and camera eat more battery than before.

That doesn't look like as much of a hit as the 3GS took. No too bad. And voice time is actually touch more. But I mostly use data. :)

Mine's not that good at all. A friend picked up hers and it seems to be better, so maybe its the battery itself.

Yeah, no harm in going to an Apple store or wherever you bought it and trying an exchange once they're back in stock.

I got my 4S on Tuesday.

I haven't timed it out yet, but I used it pretty heavily the past two days and still had 15-25% battery left each day. Less on Tuesday as I was downloading tons of apps and playing with it all day. Yesterday I spent a good bit of time fooling around online inbetween teaching a couple classes and listened to music while working etc. and had 25% left at bedtime. And that was probably lower than usual due to using it in an area with a spotty wifi signal on campus for an hour or two where it kept dropping in and out.

So battery life is fine for me. I charge it every night as I stick in in a speaker dock on my night stand and listen to music.

I haven't noticed any extra battery drain on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5. It might be there, but if so it's pretty minimal.

One thing I have noticed is that Disc Drivin' seems to get stuttery some times. Not sure what that's about. Probably just needs an update because my other games and apps seem to work fine.

I had to turn off a LOT of features to not have my battery drain completely in one day. Hopefully the update will help with the battery issues.

Also, does anybody else really, really hate not being able to switch between 3G and Edge? Not only does Edge use less battery, I also get better Edge reception in my apartment. I've been getting more dropped calls since I got the 4S and it's kinda pissing me off.

I've noticed a huge battery drain on my iPhone 4 after the iOS 5 upgrade. Very glad to see they found a problem, as I was going nuts and getting aggravated barely making it through the day on a full charge!

I have no problems at all with my 4S. Listen to music a couple hours most days, do some other stuff like checking e-mail, news, a little reading in the Kindle app, check facebook/twitter, play words with friends etc. throughout the day.

Usually have 20-40% battery left at night.

Be sure to calibrate the battery by running it all the way down until it shuts itself off, then charge all the way back to 100%. You should do this once a month according to Apple.

Love my new 4s....pretty huge upgrade over my previous 3gs.

bread's done
Back