Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
Followed, don't know what game to get. I've had my OnLive account since they began and never played any games on it.

[quote name='pholly']Followed, don't know what game to get. I've had my OnLive account since they began and never played any games on it.[/QUOTE]

Space Marines looked and played very well when I played it.

Depending on the expiration of the dollar deal you could grab Arkham City or Saints Row in the future

[quote name='pholly']Followed, don't know what game to get. I've had my OnLive account since they began and never played any games on it.[/QUOTE]

it's cool if you dont have any system to play games on. but the small, very small, very slight lag is pretty noticeable going from a regular game to a streaming service. it's a very cool idea though. they do get a like from me.

[quote name='deletion']it's cool if you dont have any system to play games on. but the small, very small, very slight lag is pretty noticeable going from a regular game to a streaming service. it's a very cool idea though. they do get a like from me.[/QUOTE]

Personally I am getting much better service via buying the Onlive console. But yea there is lag. Still a fun system with lots of deals and cheap games popping up.

Also they just sent out an email with this info so hopefully a bunch of people who are members and haven't fanned them fan them

I /liked. About lag, I mean it is there, but as long as you aren't playing counterstrike and whatnot, I've been fine with it.

[quote name='AgentW']I /liked. About lag, I mean it is there, but as long as you aren't playing counterstrike and whatnot, I've been fine with it.[/QUOTE]

Its almost like playing a high end computer game on a graphics card that only gets 18 FPS. Thats what I'd compare it too. Although some games are fine. Space marine was surprisingly clear crisp and quick

I still don't know how they can offer the deals like this, I've bought 4 games, all under 5 bucks, + gotten a free microconsole.

Got likes from me, my second account, and my mom's account now though...

[quote name='Strigol']I still don't know how they can offer the deals like this, I've bought 4 games, all under 5 bucks, + gotten a free microconsole.

Got likes from me, my second account, and my mom's account now though...[/QUOTE]

They're losing money left and right. To have any chance of succeeding they need a user base, so they're building one. I'm sure they don't plan to start turning a profit for a couple of years.

Do I have to turn in my CAG card if EA's suckitude and Steam's excellence exceed my desire to save money here? Not liking this on principle.

Remember everyone OnLive is FREE To download to your PC (or mac?) My netbook stuttered like hell but a Goozer/Cag'er here said it worked great on his PC.

The console can be had cheaply with deals here and there (I pre-ordered a game and got it free)

Also if my Wireless Logitech Wheel works on onlive might go for Dirt 3. The system by itself is AT LEAST a great way to Demo games for 30 minutes.

As for making money I'm assuming game Dev's don't care at all about allowing OnLive to sell these games cheap.

1: it emphasizes digital Distro which hurts resale of games (boooo).
2: The companies probably do almost 0 work :porting these games to Onlive"
3: It's a good way for gamers who don't have a PC to buy PC games.

Anyways I assume OnLive if successful enough will be a prime candidate for Amazon to buy or another company. Personally I think its a brilliant idea.

[quote name='Soaper']What are some potentially good games to get? I recommend Deus Ex for anyone who hasnt played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Here is a quick link to their games sorted by Metascore from high to low and then userscore from high to low. userscore probably better represents the games quality on OnLive. And while I"m at it I'll through out new releases from OnLive.

Metascore:

User Score:

Newest Releases

Guys, the wording is a little funky. They say that all US users will get their next pass for $1. Might want to sign up for an account now if you don't have one, on the off chance that it'll only be for account holders.

[quote name='bnizzle']I'm guessing there is more to the story than $1 for your next game.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful they've done promotions like this in the past with no catches. However, if you aren't a member when the promo hits I would wonder if you get the dollar game.

They had a 75 percent off game sale a few weeks ago and currently a dollar for your first game sale for UK OnLive users.

I'd be willing to pick up Warhammer, Red Faction: Armageddon, or even revisit Splinter Cell conviction for a dollar! You can't even buy a 20oz Mountain Dew for that anymore!

[quote name='bnizzle']I'm guessing there is more to the story than $1 for your next game.[/QUOTE]

They did the same promotion in the UK already. It was for a limited time, two weeks or so, and didn't include pre-orders. I know people used it for Deus Ex and other new releases.

Hmm...either Deus Ex Human Revolution or Space Marines for me. Clever OnLine...doing this before anything like Arkham City or Saints Row The Third comes out. If either of those games were out, I bet those would be the top two bought games...

I wonder what OnLive's Black Friday sales will be like if they're doing something like this now? :whistle2:k

1192 left at the time of this post. I guess they underestimated the social value of the mythical $1 price in the post-PC, post-console, Angry Birds era of gaming

They got 10k more people to like them on facebook and god knows how many more people to sign up for the service. Probably a big win for them.

bread's done
Back