Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you were trolling...youre not right?

And clearly this should be merged with the Amazon Credit deals thread like Kmarts Batman deal was merged with the Kmart stickied thread.

Tried placing an order but no credit shows. Maybe they let the deal slip a little earlier than they meant to or just dont have it set up yet. Or maybe there is no deal.

[quote name='thegame956']Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.[/QUOTE]

According to Amazon.com this deal does not exist, but if it does I will finally purchase a game from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3...G5TW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319191540&sr=8-1

Yeah, if this is true, the deal just isn't updated on Amazon's site. Also checked my email, and I haven't received such an email either.

If this does turn out to be true, I'll gladly cancel my PC pre-order and get it for the PS3 now...and eventually get the PC version when it's cheaper.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Am I the only one refreshing Amazon's page like a mad man? :lol:

This better not be a troll post... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Op should be Banned for this........

I'm not seeing anything either. I suppose they could be matching Kmart but with almost no other retailer offering anything on this I don't see why Amazon would put in a credit deal; especially because they've been so conservative lately.

Hopefully they do though...

has anyone seen next week's TRU deals?

[quote name='tears2040']Op should be Banned for this........[/QUOTE]

He's been here since 2007...to my knowledge he's never posted false info. I really hope he's not trolling though...

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

$Learn more$$

Pre-order "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition"

PlayStation 3 - with $20 Credit Xbox 360 - with $20 Credit PC

[quote name='thegame956']No joke guys I received this email this morning.[/QUOTE]

I assume you're east coast then...Amazon could be waiting for Pacific time and then update. Oh man oh man...please let this be true! :pray:

EDIT: So is it just consoles or PC as well?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Got a pic of the email? I get these emails too but havent gotten this one. Can anyone else verify it?[/QUOTE]

Only e-mail I've gotten from Amazon.com so far this morning is in regards to my supposed interest in blu-ray documentaries

I'm posting from my phone I copied the pics from the email but when I copy here it don't show the pics do you all see them. Also I'm trying to order as well but on the game page I also notice no Mention of it :whistle2:o what the heck !!

[quote name='thegame956']I'm posting from my phone I copied the pics from the email but when I copy here it don't show the pics do you all see them. Also I'm trying to order as well but on the game page I also notice no Mention of it :whistle2:o what the heck !![/QUOTE]
Yeah hopefully they just havent updated it yet and it's not a mistake. I'll probably still go with Kmart because I happen to be looking for the X12s but if this is legit I can always get the game now and just use the credit on the x12s when they have a deal on them..

Let's assume this is legit...

Does amazon still function where they will only let you get ONE promo credit? Even if you order a 360 copy and a PS3 copy?

I believe that's how it works but can never remember.. I think I've gotten two credits once when I placed a preorder, received the credit and then ordered again while the promo was still active

I didn't get such an email. I find it funny consoles are 60 while the pc copy is 50. 10$ more for smaller online mode. :[

Someone else mentioned it but yea, this is one of those games that the console version should be cheaper than the PC. Not only graphics but they scaled down the maps. This game makes me want to throw together a gaming PC.

[quote name='thegame956']Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I got a similar email this morning (4:43am), but w/o the $20 offer. I don't doubt Amazon knows who to offer deals to and who not to to maximize profits though. I usually buy the blockbusters from them, so they might not offer me the deal....

"Hi, Customers who have shown an interest in "Battlefield 3" might like to know that all pre-orders come with limited-edition content, including the "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion pack as well as the Amazon-exclusive multiplayer Dog Tag pack."

[quote name='UnrealZero']I didn't get such an email. I find it funny consoles are 60 while the pc copy is 50. 10$ more for smaller online mode. :[[/QUOTE]

$10 more for console license...

I also got the same email @ 5:00 a.m. central time. I'll preorder this and cancel my newegg order.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive .

So, I pre-ordered the PC version when it was still showing as $60. Now it's $50. From what I can tell, Amazon does not charge your credit card until the pre-ordered product has been shipped. So I won't have to worry about being refunded the difference since no charge has occurred. At least I couldn't spot a charge on my statement. Is this correct?

[quote name='Idx86']So, I pre-ordered the PC version when it was still showing as $60. Now it's $50. From what I can tell, Amazon does not charge your credit card until the pre-ordered product has been shipped. So I won't have to worry about being refunded the difference since no charge has occurred. At least I couldn't spot a charge on my statement. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, sir.

I'm really going to be disappointed with Amazon if these $20 credit promos are only handed out to select customers...

Not only do I shop there for just about everything... but I work in one of their damn warehouses!! :\

I'll be disappointed with Amazon if they only hand out these promos to select customers.

Not only do I shop on Amazon for just about everything.. I work in one of their warehouses!! My feelings would be hurt.. :(

I was just on a chat with Amazon. That CSR put me on "hold" to research about 5 minutes and came back w/nothing.

"Thanks for waiting. I see that there is no promotional credit of $20 associated with this promotion. All the available promotions will be listed in the item detail page. I'm unable to determine the offer that your friend [the op] have received. "

So I will be buying from K-mart.

[quote name='iroute']I was just on a chat with Amazon. That CSR put me on "hold" to research about 5 minutes and came back w/nothing.

"Thanks for waiting. I see that there is no promotional credit of $20 associated with this promotion. All the available promotions will be listed in the item detail page. I'm unable to determine the offer that your friend [the op] have received. "

So I will be buying from K-mart.[/QUOTE]

What deal does K-mart have on it? (Or is it because you have credit to use there?)

[quote name='JanusZeal2']What deal does K-mart have on it? (Or is it because you have credit to use there?)[/QUOTE]

The PS3 and X360 versions come with a $20 game coupon for a future purchase at Kmart.

I would be baffled if Amazon suddenly added a $20 credit 4 days before release, when I imagine quite a few people have already solidified their plans.

[quote name='UnrealZero']I didn't get such an email. I find it funny consoles are 60 while the pc copy is 50. 10$ more for smaller online mode. :[[/QUOTE]

two concepts that are completely unrelated.

I went through the trouble off taking a SS and editing my info out but then realized I still can't post attachments. However, I too recieved an email this morning about BF3 but it only indicated that based on past purchases "You may be interested in these items." No credit mentioned.

if only select customers are getting the $20 credit mentioned, what makes anyone think it will go 'live' for everyone else? if that were the case, why not mention it in every email they sent out? just seems weird. i need to redicate resources if it's true, so i hate this crap :evil:.

I am thinking this is a false story but if it is true and the amazon giving credits to only customers they want to give them to is true, I am gonna be done with amazon

[quote name='Calinks']Why would he make this up? I believe it. May pre order after a deal like this.[/QUOTE]

Because this is the internet and people have nothing better to do than try to piss others off.

Kmart is offer $20 gaming coupon and $20/$30 off select headsets. I think I'm going there because I need a new headset.

but can the people with the emails actually buy it through those links w/ the $20 promo? i don't think so, so that means it's either a mistake by amazon, it will be for everyone, or trolling is to blame.

Got an email at 5:30AM this morning from Amazon specifically in regards to BF3 and it was 15% off MSRP for the PC version making it roughly $50. No mention of a console deal.

bread's done
Back