3DS & Pokemon Rumble Blast $100/120/130 with DSiXL/DSi/DSL Trade In

rey6eric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got this e-mail from Gamestop:

Don't Have a Nintendo 3DS? It's Time to Upgrade!

Get a new 3DS and Pokémon Rumble Blast for only $99.99 when you trade a DSi XL, for $119.99 when you trade in a DSi, or for $129.99 when you trade in a DS Lite.

3dspokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any other information on this? I called today, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

At first glance this seemed like a good deal but.....
Take the $99 for dsi xl trade in. MSRP for 3ds $169.99, plus game is $49.99. So you get around $220 worth of items for $99 plus value of trade in of around $95 or $194. So it seems to be about $26 of savings

However you can buy a 3ds for $169.99 with a $25 gift card and the game for $34.99 this week at Target. So it works out slightly better to go to Target unless you want to trade in your dsi xl

Edited to add the trade value was taken from Amazon. Per cag gamestop trade in value post Gamestop is only giving $50 in dsi xl trade credit which makes it better deal if you have to go to gamestop (ie using trade in money/gift card)

[quote name='te619']Does anyone have any other information on this? I called today, and they had no idea what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]
They sent out emails about it a couple days ago. They may not know what you're talking about when you call, but it should be in their system when you go in.

I have a DSi I might want to trade in towards this. It would be a savings of $85, I think that might be worth it.

[quote name='te619']I have a DSi I might want to trade in towards this. It would be a savings of $85, I think that might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

You should not! Possible Nintendo release new 3DS Lite next year :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']You should not! Possible Nintendo release new 3DS Lite next year :)[/QUOTE]

doubt it bro. Nintendo releases a new handheld every 3-4 years I believe. Nintendo 3DS will have a good lifespan.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']doubt it bro. Nintendo releases a new handheld every 3-4 years I believe. Nintendo 3DS will have a good lifespan.[/QUOTE]

He's not talking about a whole new console, just a re design of the current one. And they have done that the year after a system came out in the past. That being said I bought my 3Ds when GS did something like this and accepted dsl's, and honestly, I could've waited.

[quote name='KtMack23']He's not talking about a whole new console, just a re design of the current one. And they have done that the year after a system came out in the past. That being said I bought my 3Ds when GS did something like this and accepted dsl's, and honestly, I could've waited.[/QUOTE]

oh then maybe. I dont see why they would do one. The big change to the 3DS is that second along stick. BTW does anyone know the release date for that thing?

This looks to be a really good deal to me although I purchased the 3ds at launch. With so many good 3ds titles coming I highly suggest anyone thinking of this to do it.

My little brother has a DS Lite and DSi and I have an extra DS Lite. I am tempted to do this (even though I already have a 3DS) but I think there will be some other deals when all of the first party games come out, even my 11 year old brother doesn't want to play a pseudo Pokemon game...

bread's done
Back