Two Worlds II Royal Edition $18 and Bioshock 2 Special Edition $8 at Gamestop B&M

PatelKing

CAGiversary!
Two Worlds II Royal edition and Bioshock 2 Special Edition have both been converted to used. I purchased 1 of each for each system.

Even better if you are a PUR Pro member:
Two Worlds II Royal: $18 - 10% = $16.20
Bioshock 2 Special: $8 - 10% = $7.20

Some awesome prices I thought. I went to 4 stores total and found at least one of each item at each location. Good luck. I can post a receipt scan but it won't help as it will just show it as a used item and no way of doing inventory search.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Nice find... now to look all over for Two Worlds II lol

edit : This was for 360 or ps3? or both?[/QUOTE]

both systems.

Also, some of these are in the back stock room. I would look around the top shelves of the store first and if I didn't seen any then I would ask them. If they tried searching their computer, I would tell them I know it has been converted to used and would ask them to check the back room.

Based on the fact that PUR gets 10% then these are being converted to Used and the extras thrown away. Disgusting I know, but this is GS after all. So there is no SKU to look for besides the used game.

These have been pretty tough to come by for a while, especially the Royal Edition TW2. Somebody cleaned out the last Bioshock 2 LE for PS3 in my area a few months ago too. I expect that actually getting your hands on one of these will be rather difficult.

For what it's worth, you can order the Two Worlds 2 RE from Topware directly for about $60.

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']What do you mean by "converted to used"?

Are these actually new copies that are be converted to used sale prices?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do it on occasion with collector's editions that have been sitting around for a long time. I don't necessarily know how likely it is that you can get anything more than the game though... I remember when God of War III went on sale there were widespread reports of Gamestops being told to throw out the extras.

Bioshock 2 was pretty common in the local GS the last time I was there about a month ago, but I haven't seen a TW2 Royal Edition for a long time.

I will be checking with Gamestop on my way back from work and hopefully score those. Hell of a deal if I can snag either one.

[quote name='iamsmart']Yeah, they do it on occasion with collector's editions that have been sitting around for a long time. I don't necessarily know how likely it is that you can get anything more than the game though... I remember when God of War III went on sale there were widespread reports of Gamestops being told to throw out the extras.

Bioshock 2 was pretty common in the local GS the last time I was there about a month ago, but I haven't seen a TW2 Royal Edition for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope that's not true otherwise it is just a vanilla copy. I will find out soon enough though that is if they have it in stock at all.

Nice. Wish there was a in store tracker.
Two Worlds royal edition used to go for a pretty penny on ebay till recently.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Bioshock 2 CE's disappeared in my area when they hit $30 a long while ago - killer deal if you can find one.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Marketplace sellers have some left...If you are looking for the PC version, Amazon itself has one.

would this work on the Bioshock 2 SE PC version.. I think that's all that's left at my local gamestops. I could really care less because I already have the PS3 version but I've kept it sealed and would like one to open and play around with.

If you do come across a copy that hasn't been opened to have the extras removed is it typical to have to face a lot of resistance from the employees to purchase it for that price?

ah i meant to post this last week and totally forgot. WHen i was picking up a few rarer psp games that the guy at the store had shipped to them for me I asked about any special collectors editions they had. He dug around in the back and brought a two worlds II CE out for me brand new. Then when he was ringing it up and it didnt' come up, the manager told him it was converted to used so i got it for that price.

I think it was like 15 or 16 bucks though, not 18. I'll have to check the reciept

awesome price. Didn't know about bioshock 2 though. I havent seen those at any store in a long time

[quote name='Jimmienoman']don't use the stock checker on this as it only has new versions. While these are new, the system will show them as used. So there won't be any in your area even if there are some.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I totally missed that part.

Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.

Called several stores around me and no luck. If anyone sees one (Two Worlds II Royal Edition) in a Texas GS, please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.[/QUOTE]

That guy doesn't get it either then. They are converted to the used sku, not deleted. The hard part then is that they just go into the inventory as another used copy of the game at every store that has them.

So it's like when Gamestop decided every used Fable was the same used sku and I had to check every store to find a copy that was Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Found out my local gamestop pennied both of these games out before they moved to a new larger building... He said they had a dozen of the Bioshock 2 LEs and 1 or 2 of the 2w2 velvet.

Where the heck was I?!?

[quote name='biledriver']That guy doesn't get it either then. They are converted to the used sku, not deleted. The hard part then is that they just go into the inventory as another used copy of the game at every store that has them.

So it's like when Gamestop decided every used Fable was the same used sku and I had to check every store to find a copy that was Fable: The Lost Chapters.[/QUOTE]

Problem was the stores I visited did not have the used copies either. I was trying to explain the guy behind the counter the same thing in that he needed to look up the items under the used ones and it was still a no go. His answer was that "it has been deleted out of our inventory" initially for them to "I don't have any in stock" after that conversation. Sorry I should have been clearer about the whole conversation.

I went to 4 gamestops in my area to find this deal today. Two did not know that fuck I was talking about, one was somewhat knowledgeable, while one was very knowledgeable about it, No luck finding anyone with stock though... Oh well, would have been nice though as I'm a big sucker for CE packaging.

I thought when they "convert to used" that means they gut the shit out of the CE. Didnt they do that with the God of War 3 pandora box?

I'll check my local one tonight, but I did find a CE version of Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe that was down to 17.99 the other day, complete and listed as used.

[quote name='Kenshindono']ah i meant to post this last week and totally forgot. WHen i was picking up a few rarer psp games that the guy at the store had shipped to them for me I asked about any special collectors editions they had. He dug around in the back and brought a two worlds II CE out for me brand new. Then when he was ringing it up and it didnt' come up, the manager told him it was converted to used so i got it for that price.

I think it was like 15 or 16 bucks though, not 18. I'll have to check the reciept

awesome price. Didn't know about bioshock 2 though. I havent seen those at any store in a long time[/QUOTE]

$18 is the used price and after PUR discount its $16.2 + tax which is the price I got it for

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.[/QUOTE]

At 2 of the stores, I asked the employees to look in their back stock room and thats when they came out with them and were surprised by the price.

Asked around St. Louis today, came up with Bioshock 2 at the first store, and got it for eight. The manager came out and said they were supposed to gut it before selling it to me but they wouldn't. Nobody had Two Worlds 2, and a couple stores told me that it was only shipped to stores with pre-orders, so I'd have to be incredibly lucky to find one. I didn't.

But still, Bioshock 2 for $8 is not bad at all! Especially without the security rope like on Best Buy's copies. I already have the game so I'm going to give the disc as a Christmas present.

Edit: The store that had Bioshock 2 also had Dead Rising 2: Zombrex edition, which has also been converted to used, although that's still somewhere around $28 I think.

Edit 2: And the woman who helped me said that some stores did actually gut them sometimes, because that's what corporate wants, so she suggested that if you're calling around, be sure to ask if it's a non-gutted, complete copy.

[quote name='PatelKing']$18 is the used price and after PUR discount its $16.2 + tax which is the price I got it for

At 2 of the stores, I asked the employees to look in their back stock room and thats when they came out with them and were surprised by the price.[/QUOTE]

At least you had better luck than I did. :applause: In my case they had only vanilla Bioshock 2 copy on hand when checking their used item inventory. By the way which copies were you able to snag and if you don't mind me asking what location (if in NC)?

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']At least you had better luck than I did. :applause: In my case they had only vanilla Bioshock 2 copy on hand when checking their used item inventory. By the way which copies were you able to snag and if you don't mind me asking what location (if in NC)?[/QUOTE]

... Did they physically check? Because the Bioshock 2 LE will show in the system as a used vanilla Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']... Did they physically check? Because the Bioshock 2 LE will show in the system as a used vanilla Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

At first I browsed and looked up and down the store myself and then asked the clerk on duty to check inventory physically. All the while I followed the guy with the exception of when he stepped into the backroom which did not seem too long for checking inventory. He just had the said Bioshock 2 copy (vanilla version) and Two World 1 (not 2W2) copy. I have a feeling some copies are floating around but it is a gamble based on how knowledgeable the staff or manager on duty is since both the stores I visited, I had to educate them on the said deal.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']At first I browsed and looked up and down the store myself and then asked the clerk on duty to check inventory physically. All the while I followed the guy with the exception of when he stepped into the backroom which did not seem too long for checking inventory. He just had the said Bioshock 2 copy (vanilla version) and Two World 1 (not 2W2) copy. I have a feeling some copies are floating around but it is a gamble based on how knowledgeable the staff or manager on duty is since both the stores I visited, I had to educate them on the said deal.[/QUOTE]

Just was making sure, because like you said it seems you have to educate half the employees.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Just was making sure, because like you said it seems you have to educate half the employees.[/QUOTE]

Price you pay for being a CAG;)

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']Asked around St. Louis today, came up with Bioshock 2 at the first store, and got it for eight. The manager came out and said they were supposed to gut it before selling it to me but they wouldn't. [/QUOTE]

Hahahaha that's rich. They're supposed to gut them so they fit in with the other used games and they don't keep the whole big package taking up space. There is NO REASON why they would gut a copy in front of you. I can't imagine the stupidity/balls it would take to take all the packaged stuff out of the game and throw it out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

[quote name='biledriver']Hahahaha that's rich. They're supposed to gut them so they fit in with the other used games and they don't keep the whole big package taking up space. There is NO REASON why they would gut a copy in front of you. I can't imagine the stupidity/balls it would take to take all the packaged stuff out of the game and throw it out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.[/QUOTE]

I can see at least one GS employee out there trying to do this just because we live in a world of massive trolls these days and some people love seeing/making others angry and even get off on it. Plus they probably wouldn't get in much trouble if their company policy states it should be gutted. Now granted, 99% of the people wouldn't do it but I guarantee there is one GS employee waiting to troll some customer he hates by gutting it right in front of him. This is the same douchebag who "rents" copies of newer released used games while a customer wants to buy it and also holds back copies of games recently traded in/price dropped until he gets off so he can buy them himself.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']At least you had better luck than I did. :applause: In my case they had only vanilla Bioshock 2 copy on hand when checking their used item inventory. By the way which copies were you able to snag and if you don't mind me asking what location (if in NC)?[/QUOTE]

I found both version of Two worlds II and Bioshock 2 at the 2 stores in Green Acres mall, valley stream, NY. The gamestops in Roosevelt fields mall, NY or Lake success, NY don't have any. Hope this helps.

[quote name='PatelKing']I found both version of Two worlds II and Bioshock 2 at the 2 stores in Green Acres mall, valley stream, NY. The gamestops in Roosevelt fields mall, NY or Lake success, NY don't have any. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Damn. I've tried 3 gamestops already with no luck. They're just so stupid. I tell them it won't show up on the computer and they still look and then say "no its not there." I have yet to have them look in the back....sucks

I've called about every Miami GS, not sure if they're telling the truth or not, but none had them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed two worlds royal by a few days. The guy said he just gutted them and his manager had him destroy the contents then throw them out. They had 2 copies too. No bioshock though but I know were one is but its pretty far from me.

[quote name='kit352']I missed two worlds royal by a few days. The guy said he just gutted them and his manager had him destroy the contents then throw them out. They had 2 copies too. No bioshock though but I know were one is but its pretty far from me.[/QUOTE]

Same. He said they got the orders to gut it and sell as used about a month ago, but no one got around to it until about a week ago. So sad

bread's done
Back