The New and Improved Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Remember when Kane and the Undertaker looked like this?

Undertaker_and_kane_ring.jpg

Well here's the new and improved version of them

kane1h.png

kane2x.png

kane3l.png

and

takerbald.jpg

30l09du.jpg

Isaac Yankem is all grown up.

EDIT: As for WWE distancing themselves from Hall, eh. He's not the first big time wrestler who had massive substance problems. WWE had no qualms in making Jake Roberts DLC in recent games. I just figure that they would rather spend their resources on other guys (though this saddens me).

This makes me wish TNA would flush down the drain faster...

[quote name='PWInsider.com']The current plan for TNA's second or third-biggest PPV of the year, Lockdown in April 2012, is for a main event of Hulk Hogan & Garrett Bischoff vs. Ric Flair & Eric Bischoff. It's indicative of the amount of power Bischoff and Hogan currently have in TNA.[/quote]

After watching that WBF clip and seeing Warrior don his Kerry Von Erich/Barry Horowitz love child attire...I must say, that might be his best promo simply because I could understand what the hell he was saying.

A few notes from the Wrestling Revolution Project tapings...

Colt Cabana is working as a heel named Punchline. He's an evil failed stand up comic.

New Japan pulled Prince Devitt from the shows.

Chris Hero and Chris Masters were added to the cast.

Joey Ryan is playing a gay wrestler, but not the Adrian Adonis/Billy & Chuck stereotype. He's simply a mega-face who happens to be gay.

Most of the guys are working modified gimmicks from their usual with different ring names. It's a good mix of WWE-style angles with ROH-caliber matches and a bit of Americanized puro tossed in from MVP/Anderson/Hero. From all reports, the tapings were done extremely well. They're editing things now for release in early 2012.

Kind of nice to hear about a positive gay gimmick in wrestling. I'll have to check it out, as that description you posted, JJSP, sounds interesting.

Shame about him getting pulled. If there is one guy I would like to see work more in the US outside of The E, it's definitely him.

Howard Finkel announcing? Regal on commentary? Castagnoli in the ring?

fuck, I think FCW might just be WWE's best program right now, by a long shot.

It's like a mix of the WWE presentation with the intimacy of 1980's World Championship Wrestling on TBS. Having never paid any attention to it, I like it.

[quote name='mitch079']It's like a mix of the WWE presentation with the intimacy of 1980's World Championship Wrestling on TBS. Having never paid any attention to it, I like it.[/QUOTE]

It always seems to be on at times when I can't watch it but what little I have seen, it seems more focused than Raw. Also it does have a very 80's feel to it.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Is it bad that I instantly recognized the song being from Married...With Children?[/QUOTE]

Quite the contrary, dear friend. It is most excellent that you were able to do so, as was I. And we both had a jolly good laugh at the expense of old people!

Sadly that was my first time seeing Castagnoli/Cesaro wrestle....some nice absolutely painful looking moves.

I also forgot what wrestling play by play sounds like without all of the announcers trying to be super energetic about every single thing.

God Damn it, TNA...

Spoilers for the Nov 3 Impact
Roode captured the title from champion James Storm in a 16-minute match where Roode turned heel via beer-bottle smash over Storm's head to win the title.

My thoughts:
They hot shot the title on to Storm just to have Roode win it from him anyway? Who books this shit?

I haven't read those spoilers but I'm still annoyed with the throwaway that Hogan did with Roode. It's particularly bizarre when they quickly put the belt on Storm--and in a 90 second match no less. A 90 second title match!? Good money says that Angle is injured which is why they put the belt on someone. Regardless of that, all of the build that was put into Roode pretty much all summer was just flushed. The only consolation of this that I can see is that they might be trying to pull an American Wolves-type angle. For those who don't watch ROH, it was widely believed that AW Davey Richards would win the title from Roderick Strong at Final Battle 2010. He ended up not winning and later AW Eddie Edwards won the title from Strong. Richards later defeated his partner to finally win the belt. Anyway, this is my guess as to how the whole Beer Money angle will work out. It's not my first choice (as I would have preferred to see Roode win at BFG) but it could end up being well done (as long as the Senior's Tour stays out of the way).

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']God Damn it, TNA...

Spoilers for the Nov 3 Impact
Roode captured the title from champion James Storm in a 16-minute match where Roode turned heel via beer-bottle smash over Storm's head to win the title.

My thoughts:
They hot shot the title on to Storm just to have Roode win it from him anyway? Who books this shit?
[/QUOTE]

03.jpg

Problems, IWC?

TNA thoughts.

So TNA has hotshotted the belt off of Angle to Storm and then from Storm to Roode (who turned heel in the process) in successive weeks and on free TV.

Vince Russo is not a dumb guy. As head writer for Raw, he oversaw the bulk of the Attitude era including the formation of DX, Austin/McMahon, and the creation of The Rock as well as beating WCW in ratings less than a year after taking the position. I don't need to explain his credentials; for all of the goofy crap he's done or written, he's also been there for much of the must-see wrestling of the late 90's.

Why, oh why, would he allow or even write an angle where the belt switches twice in two weeks and the best tag team TNA's had in years splits without even a tease of tension. Why not have Roode stand by Storm silently seething and jealous as he holds the title meant for him? Why not have Roode toast to Storm's success before brutally bashing him with the bottle in a promo to set up a blood feud over the belt? It's simple booking; Roode becomes a hated heel much like HBK was for turning on Jannetty, Storm gets a ton of support to kick Roode's ass (give him a few weeks off with glass in his eye or something, let Roode gloat about cutting the dead weight), and you've got a money maker.

Hogan and Bischoff are supposedly still in power in TNA, and we're going to get those two, Flair, and Bischoff's untrained son in a tag match for some stupid reason where the only two wrestlers can't bump safely and Daddy gets to fake slap around his son while we watch.

Just wait and see, right?

[quote name='mykevermin']Why get bothered by shitty booking anymore?

Really, now.[/QUOTE]

At this point, I think the only excuse that's believable at the moment is if they said the writers had ADHD. Because the crap they're coming up with, including the next two tapings, makes it seem like they can't stay focused on anything from one taping to the next.

I mean in the span of a month, you have
Angle losing the belt to Storm. Who loses it loses it to Roode. Then instead of having Storm feud with Roode, you have AJ in the main event for the title at their next PPV.
It's like they can't make up their mind on who to main event, if it's isn't Hogan, Sting, Flair or Angle.

My guess is that they orginally wanted Angle to hold the belt longer. Angle, being the insaen, macho-wrestler that he is, told them that this leg injury of his was no big deal and that in a week or so he'll be all better. Couple that with Hogan's inability to push new talent (imo, he just seems to be too scared / un-knowledgeable - he wouldn't be able to pick out a rising star) and they probably assumed Angle was in it for the long haul.

Then they found out that his leg was turning black and that it was way more serious than Angle let on. So they had to rush to get the belt off. Now why Storm? To build up Storm Vs Roode, but why the to Roode a week later? Because the powers that be are just too fragmented on goals and where the story should go.

Spoilers, dude. But whatever, I'm sure few people here don't read them. Those few that don't aren't likely to have a surprise ruined anyway - certainly not in a pleasant way. It's not like the angle is good and sensible.

But, yeah, I'm not getting bent anymore. Whether it's Punk's diluted character, whether it's The Clique being the centerpiece angle on Raw, or whether it's TNA on the whole, I'm done. Not watching, mind. But bothering. I'm done bothering. I'm not going to get worked up on decisions that are shortsighted and expose the companies as booking 15 minutes in advance.

On another note, there's still a Bound For Glory billboard I pass coming into Philadelphia on the way home from work during the week. Sting's "Joker" facepaint, out of context, makes him look like an oversized 4-year old with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich smeared all over his face. His facial expression screams "I DONE EATED, MOMMA!" too, so I can't help but laugh - for all the wrong reasons - when I see him.

From DDPs Twitter:

It's a Very Sad day n the world of Pro Wrestling! The HOF Jerry Brisco died today! Jerry was one of the Greats of All Time in & out the ring

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']From DDPs Twitter:

It's a Very Sad day n the world of Pro Wrestling! The HOF Jerry Brisco died today! Jerry was one of the Greats of All Time in & out the ring[/QUOTE]

Most sites are calling this an untrue rumor and are reporting they have confirmed it to not be true. I don't know either way so take it for what you will.

Antonio Cesaro is going to be a goddamn star.

Can any wrestling company show patience anymore? That Storm/Roode angle could and should have been played out identical to the explosion of the Mega Powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back