Cheap preorders

There's several games coming out soon that I would like to preorder but I don't want to pay $60 for each one. Does anyone know a good way to preorder games without paying the full price?

Only way I could think of would be to pre-order a $60 game at Amazon that has a $20 promo credit, then use that $20 promo credit on another game that has a $20 promo credit. That's what I'm doing right now. I just received Battlefield 3 and got my $20 promo credit, which I used on Lord Of The Rings: War In The North as that has a $20 promo credit itself. If you can do things this way, you can get new releases for $20 off essentially and get $20 to use towards another new release later on.

Yeah, amazon offers credits many times but kmart usually offers credit for more games..almsot all the major releases have a $20 credit or so at Kmart..but the downside to kmart is that they usually don't have specific retailer pre-order dlc

[quote name='WakYasuk']Yeah, amazon offers credits many times but kmart usually offers credit for more games..almsot all the major releases have a $20 credit or so at Kmart..but the downside to kmart is that they usually don't have specific retailer pre-order dlc[/QUOTE]
The major downside to me for the Kmart deals is that they don't have their game trade program going yet, so I'd have to use REAL CASH to pay for those games just to get the future coupons. Believe me, if they had a game trade program with promos that gave decent values for games I'd probably rather shop somewhere B&M than wait for shipping with Amazon. I could care less about retailer specific pre-order garbage really, since it seems like every game nowadays gets a 'complete' or GOTY version later on that includes all of that usually timed exclusive DLC/content on the disc.

I made an exception to my 'no using cash to buy games' rule for WM with the Arkham City/Arkham Asylum bundle, but I definitely prefer using credit I have amassed at stores/sites over cash unless it's an INSANE deal(see: Kmart L.A. Noire deal that later got trumped by the TRU 2/$50 misprint/mistake).

I looked on amazon and I found only $10 credit for elder scrolls skyrim and battlefield 3. When is the $20 dollar credit usually available? In terms of when the game comes out

The best way to go is find a retailer that has some sort of credit and gift order + an exclusive preorder DLC.

Case in point:

walmart had gears 3 for $59.99 + $20 GC + Savage Grenadier DLC (eBay value ~ $30).

[quote name='Indecisive pancake']I looked on amazon and I found only $10 credit for elder scrolls skyrim and battlefield 3. When is the $20 dollar credit usually available? In terms of when the game comes out[/QUOTE]

Usually within 1-2 weeks before the release, they decide to add the credit..bf3 had $20 credit before it came out (10/22-10/24 or something like that)..but recently amazon hasn't been giving the amazing credit they used to so don't expect it

bread's done
Back